Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old April 26th, 2018, 11:09 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Marvel draft points?

I've never done a M:tCB draft. What is a good draft points number for drafting from a single Marvel set for a 2-player game?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old May 25th, 2018, 07:25 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Marvel draft points?

I see nobody responded here. Sorry about that. I have never played with the Marvel set exclusively but in C3G land 1,000 points is a popular army size for each team. Some thematic teams like the Fantastic Four and the original X-Men are costed at 1,000 total.
Old May 25th, 2018, 07:43 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
I've never done a M:tCB draft. What is a good draft points number for drafting from a single Marvel set for a 2-player game?

~Z
I think you might struggle when it comes to effectively drafting from a single Marvel set. I'd recommend sprinkling superheroes into Classic armies or expanding a little into C3G.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 25th, 2018, 08:48 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:

~Z
I've found the best way to play marvel is with 3 or more players and random draws. RANDOM DRAWS? I here you say, but due to multi player dynamics the strongest player will draw the ire of the others to quickly balance the game.

Super fun!

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old September 7th, 2019, 04:06 PM

Kliebert is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
I've never done a M:tCB draft. What is a good fat burners option and draft points number for drafting from a single Marvel set for a 2-player game?

~Z
I've found the best way to play marvel is with 3 or more players and random draws. RANDOM DRAWS? I here you say, but due to multi player dynamics the strongest player will draw the ire of the others to quickly balance the game.

Super fun!
Does the game become unbalanced quickly?

Last edited by Kliebert; August 22nd, 2023 at 02:34 AM.
Old September 7th, 2019, 04:47 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliebert View Post
Does the game become unbalanced quickly?
Not if you have the same total of points in your army. The above comment is referring to a random draw type game where the armies may not be balanced but since there are multiple players...the player that randomly gets lucky and has a higher point team will find he's quickly ganged up on by the other players...until he's weakened and one of the other guys realizes it's time to shift focus as now a new leader has emerged.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 16th, 2019, 12:00 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

If you just have one Marvel set, it's best balanced as Heroes vs. Villains.

So one player plays Spider-man, Captain America, Silver Surfer, Hulk, and Iron Man.

And the other player plays Dr. Doom, Venom, Thanos, Red Skull, and Abomination.

The point totals aren't an exact match, but they're quite balanced against each other.
Old September 17th, 2019, 01:10 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
If you just have one Marvel set, it's best balanced as Heroes vs. Villains.

So one player plays Spider-man, Captain America, Silver Surfer, Hulk, and Iron Man.

And the other player plays Dr. Doom, Venom, Thanos, Red Skull, and Abomination.

The point totals aren't an exact match, but they're quite balanced against each other.

Good to know. Thanks.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by Dysole; November 12th, 2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old March 24th, 2020, 12:48 PM

Snuffelupecus is surprisingly tart

Me and my cousin are working on building a custom 2500 pt team. He is going to build a DC team and Im going to build a Marvel team and then we are going to battle. Very excited
Old March 24th, 2020, 01:21 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
What cards are you using?

Last edited by IAmBatman; June 13th, 2020 at 01:47 AM.
Old March 25th, 2020, 09:43 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
It hasn't been updated in awhile, but see Super Hero Draft Cards with armies at point totals at 400, 600, 1000, 1200, 1600, 2000, and 2500. You can print out the Army PDFs and cut out, then draft or randomly pick the army.

Last edited by Dysole; April 17th, 2020 at 05:59 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion