Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Old December 2nd, 2015, 10:37 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Magic The Gathering - 2nd Master Set??

http://www.amazon.de/Magic-The-Gathe...+planeswalkers

Has anyone stumbled across this before? I'd be tempted to order it, but 54 Euros is a lot.

I clearly recognize Mittens, Arrow Gruts, looks like a Phantom Knight towards the back and Grimnak is on the card.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 2nd, 2015, 11:13 AM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker
Re: Magic The Gathering - 2nd Master Set??

...is that...is that official?

I believe it is assumed that the next master set is coming out next summer, but this is the first images I've seen of anything. You're right as those are clearly Heroscape models (Minions of Utgar are front and center).

The box says Work in Progress, the listing says in English, it's on a German only Amazon site at twice the price of the original AotP, but there are two in stock. Kind of neat, but fishy since it appeared out of literally nowhere.
Old December 2nd, 2015, 11:31 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

That picture made the rounds on the site already. It was generally agreed that it was likely a Proof of concept model used for Marketing.

You Can see Chandra pretty clearly.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 2nd, 2015, 02:38 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

But I'm wondering about ordering it. What is it worth? What will it be worth? Is it an invaluable piece of memorabilia that proves the link between HeroScape and Magic? Is it a collector's item?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 2nd, 2015, 02:41 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
But I'm wondering about ordering it. What is it worth? What will it be worth? Is it an invaluable piece of memorabilia that proves the link between HeroScape and Magic? Is it a collector's item?
It's not worth anything right now since it's something that doesn't truly exist. It could very well be counterfeit pieces spray painted to be planeswalkers colors. However, since this IS Amazon after all, order it. If it's garbage, return it. If it's cool, keep it. No harm in giving it a shot!
Old December 2nd, 2015, 03:06 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I am fairly sure it is just the regular master set with the wrong picture posted.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 3rd, 2015, 03:48 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Yeah, you're just going to get a regular set if you order it.
Old December 30th, 2015, 10:45 PM

Owen1234 Woo who?

I believe somebody bought one, hopefully they know what this game is about and write a nice review
Old December 31st, 2015, 01:21 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I would guess that it's some sort of mock up picture that marketing used that got out in the wild.

Like this guy.
Old December 31st, 2015, 02:16 PM

Owen1234 Woo who?

Aaah ok. Ya know, this image makes me wonder why they didn't put Ajani in the starter set and instead put Gideon. Gideon is really good and powerful, especially when swarmed. But still, Ajani is a cool planeswalker. Makes ya wonder who could be coming next. My guesses are Ajani, Sarkhan, Sorin Markov, Garruk, etc. some of those guys would be interesting, especially Sarkhan because of his self destructive tendencies. I'd guess that Ugin, the colorless dragon planeswalker would probably get his own big set. As well as Nicol Bolas a three mana color dragon planeswalker. I'm enjoying this game as much as the good old days of heroscape.
Old December 31st, 2015, 02:17 PM

Owen1234 Woo who?

Also if you look on the image they didn't have a Nissa, probably because Ajani is a green white planeswalker. They probably cut him because instead they could put two
Old May 6th, 2018, 04:44 PM

Gairian1974 Woo who?

I have 4 versons of ajani. Perhaps they could use
Ajani Vengent: Red/White.
Ajani Goldenmain: White.
Ajani Mentor of Heros: Green/White.
Ajani Valiant Protector: Green/White.

If they decide not to relase another MtGAoP,
I would like to create the Vengent verson of Him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News