Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 31st, 2014, 12:17 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker
Re: Figure Suggestion Thread

Here is a comparison picture Star Wars figures I found on this site. They look pretty close to Heroscape size, which are pretty close to heroclix size.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 31st, 2014, 12:31 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Thank you! It looks like I have a brilliant figure lined up for Marcus Cole (which makes me really happy - don't know how many Babylon 5 fans there are here, but Marcus is one of the best characters in my favourite series which has one of the best character line ups I've ever seen - so yeah, he's epic). Now, just the Shredder to go at present.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 31st, 2014, 04:54 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
What about

Star Wars Exceptional Jedi Apprentice
Thank you! That's a great figure for Marcus - he just needs a little head swap with Aragorn and repainting. (If I really want to go to town I could maybe even re-orient his hands and staff (or Minbari fighting pike, as it's called) so that he's holding it in both hands). May I ask quickly whether the line this is taken from is in scale with Heroclix? I want to know if the head swap's going to work.

Plus rep.
Glad he's right for what you're looking for!

I have the figure, I will try and take a reference photo when I get back home. I don't know if the Aragorn head swap will work, Clix scales tend to be all over the place. I'll take a photo with Drake, that should give you an idea.
Old August 31st, 2014, 05:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

To me the Jedi Apprentice just needs some facial hair and a clothes repaint but my old eyes may not be viewing things accurately.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 31st, 2014, 06:31 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
What about

Star Wars Exceptional Jedi Apprentice
Thank you! That's a great figure for Marcus - he just needs a little head swap with Aragorn and repainting. (If I really want to go to town I could maybe even re-orient his hands and staff (or Minbari fighting pike, as it's called) so that he's holding it in both hands). May I ask quickly whether the line this is taken from is in scale with Heroclix? I want to know if the head swap's going to work.

Plus rep.
Glad he's right for what you're looking for!

I have the figure, I will try and take a reference photo when I get back home. I don't know if the Aragorn head swap will work, Clix scales tend to be all over the place. I'll take a photo with Drake, that should give you an idea.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
To me the Jedi Apprentice just needs some facial hair and a clothes repaint but my old eyes may not be viewing things accurately.
Well, the hair isn't long enough either (Marcus's hair's about shoulder length, perhaps a little shorter - the second linked image would give a better idea of face details), but that's another thing that the Aragorn head swap will help with (Marcus's appearance does seem to have been based on Aragorn to me - between that and the fact he's a ranger would probably make you think he's a Strider clone, but he's actually a completely different character). The staff also needs repainting with the clothes. I'll probably want to sculpt on the belt buckle and badge, but that's minor - I also don't think I've ever seen him hold his staff like that, so a slight reposing so that he's holding the staff in both hands and it's a more iconic pose might be a good idea, but not necessary. If I really want to be nitpicky, I could even cut off the very ends of the staff so it's no longer rounded at the end, but really, most of this is minor - the figure's great for Marcus! Out of curiosity, anyone else out here who knows the character?

Any thoughts on the Shredder?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 3rd, 2014, 09:43 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

OK so here's a picture of the SW Exceptional Jedi Apprentice next to Sgt. Drake 1 and a Heroclix C3V soldier. His head is definitely smaller than Drake's, and a bit smaller than the Heroclix guy, but like I said the Heroclix scales vary wildly, so probably the only way for you to find out is to get the figures and see how they look. Good luck!
Old September 4th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Hard as ice

Thanks, IshMEL! Looks like that's Marcus dealt with - no closer with the Shredder, though. Anyone have any ideas?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 4th, 2014, 05:15 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

I found this site which has a custom made Shredder figure which looks to be about Heroclix scale. It's not a store though so I'm not sure if you can order the figure from the guy or how expensive it will be.

Also its based on the 80's Shredder not the 2003 Shredder. Aside from that the only other thing I can think of would be a modded Silver Samurai, I think this one would work best.

Spoiler Alert!
Old September 4th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Hard as ice

Yeah, I do have my heart set on a 2003-style Shredder, as that's how I know him (and he seems quite different from his 80s incarnation in a lot of ways), so it looks like Silver Samurai it is - not a problem, but I was wondering if there may be something better. The question now, is, where to go from there? Any ideas?

I'd like to thank you guys for all your help already - it's been awesome!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 5th, 2014, 12:24 AM

Keep in mind I am by no means a modding expert so take any advice I give you with a big grain of salt.

The first thing I'd do is lose the sword. Shredder never uses one in the new series IIRC. And second you should find a way to cover his face with something.

One theme issue I think you might have, is that Shredder's claw goes on the left hand but the figure would naturally look better with it on the right. It's not that big of a deal and if you can look past it it's no problem.

Spoiler Alert!
Old September 5th, 2014, 01:19 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Anyone know where you could find Roman cavalry & Viking miniatures to fit heroscape's scale? Seams easy to find everything needed to finish most of the armies but the historical stuff is difficult to find in the correct scale :/

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old September 5th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1shark View Post
Anyone know where you could find Roman cavalry & Viking miniatures to fit heroscape's scale? Seams easy to find everything needed to finish most of the armies but the historical stuff is difficult to find in the correct scale :/
Miniature Market carries Wargames Factory miniatures in the correct scale. Pretty sure they have Roman Cavalry. Not sure about the Vikings. Assembly and painting required.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards