Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old December 22nd, 2013, 04:27 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker
Lightbulb New Superscape Project?

So I was wondering if there would be any interest in a new comic/superhero project. Basically I was thinking of making a project that would be much more specialized than the C3G and would be made more for the person who nominates rather than the community at large.

The format for the project would ideally have 5-10 members and we would do something similar to the Heroes of Fiction. Members would take turns nominating comicbook characters or superheroes from other medium. This includes cartoons, tv, books, video games, anime/manga. The idea is to create balanced individualized figures to be compatible with official Marvel Heroscape as well as custom projects like the C3G.

The project will serve as a way to quickly create a specific version of your heroes. So if you want a Batman based on the 1966 tv series or The Dark Knight Returns nominate him for this project. Perhaps you want mutant Spider-Man or Zombie Spider-Man we can handle it. Or maybe you just want to create a more obscure hero who would otherwise be ignored by other custom creators. So if you think Danny Phantom would make a great heroscape figure or if you feel that the Power Rangers are horribly underrated on this site then this is the project for you.

So what do you think? Is there anyone interested in this idea? I hope I'm not stepping on any other custom project's toes, because that is not my intent. I just want everyone to have a chance to create balanced and fun superhero customs for their favorite characters.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old December 22nd, 2013, 11:13 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: New Superscape Project?

I wish you luck with this project. Others out there are doing non-C3G supers customs as well. There's room for everyone.

Old December 23rd, 2013, 09:00 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Agreed. I think you have a good idea. This could be a nice place to develop designs not approved for C3G or alternate designs, like TV Batman as you stated. Good luck.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 23rd, 2013, 10:34 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

For a while last year I was putting out many, many supers on my supers customs thread. My own Masters Lists are also posted with about 1,000 names of heroes/villains (some in different variations), as a result of last year's Great Supers Card Hunt, where I scoured the site, including C3G and many 'independents,' for everything I wanted to borrow, redo, or etc. But I only got a few comments, although from some of the most prolific people here onsite, probably because I can't make actual cards, but only share the stats and powers in text (Sherman Davies, a local pal, made a few cards for me).

Feel free to use any of the stuff I've posted as raw material, as they are my suggestions for people I wanted to see, who I recently designed, stole, or modified (I always give the original designer credit). And feel free to contact me if you want to discuss anything you see there or get more info on anything I've listed, as my own complete physical files of cards are hard copy only, but I'd be happy to type up any here you'd like to see. They include besides those available here on other lists cards that are no longer available, whose designers have moved on, or I've done myself, or even comissioned from Sherman Davies. It took me about two months almost full time to compile, print out, and list these supers cards I now own as name lists (with points, group affiliations, etc). They includes some stuff from all the lists previously made up onsite here.

As I specialize in teams, you can find in text the entire Legion of Super Heroes, and their opponents The Fatal Five, Teen Titans, Metal Men, some Blackhawks, and many, many more. You can also follow some of my actual games on threads for Battle Reports including Supers, and what I call Pulp Adventure (supers with a max of 200 points each). Its all here onsite. I don't usually toot my own horn, but I want to make you aware of it all, because my stuff is not linked to Balantai's lists, or etc, (only because I am so old school/low tech) and yet are significant lists themselves, including DC, Marvel, and Independent Comics designs for heroes and villains. Enjoy looking at these threads, or using any of it as source material.

Griznakh will probably be posting photos and some commentary on a day long holiday supers game we just played out on Long Island with his amazing skyscrapers and perhaps 40 brand new cards of his own. Eventually I'll grab his cards (currently not listed here) too. Mwahaha!

Last edited by chas; December 23rd, 2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old December 23rd, 2013, 11:45 AM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

That is an impressive collection chas Definitely a lot of tools for inspiration.

Would any of you guys be interested in joining in on the project? Or maybe you have some ideas on how to advertise this so I can try and get some people on board?

Spoiler Alert!
Old December 23rd, 2013, 04:02 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I won't have much to any time for testing, but I may be interested in brainstorming and making suggestions for characters. What intrigues me about this is you aren't limiting it to comics - expect suggestions based on cartoons and films from me, I don't read any comics.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; December 23rd, 2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2013, 04:02 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I believe this is the link to Chas' supers customs.

Old December 23rd, 2013, 05:07 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I approve I shall be very involved with this, if not part of the core group, but what shall it be called, since heroes of fiction is taken.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old December 23rd, 2013, 05:15 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

also should it be public, or private like c3g, they seem to work very efficiently as a private group.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old December 24th, 2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
but what shall it be called, since heroes of fiction is taken.
That's one of the things that I was hoping to get suggestions on. I currently don't have any ideas for a name, so if you have any suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
also should it be public, or private like c3g, they seem to work very efficiently as a private group.
I'm thinking it would be private-ish. I would like 5-10 members, any larger than that and I think it might get too bloated to function correctly. But I would welcome comments from people who aren't members of the project.

Spoiler Alert!
Old December 24th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Never Forgets

we could call it fc2g (fictional character creators guild) I think we should be no less than 5 but no more than 10, I believe c3g has a similar rule and they work well the way they are right now. and on the private- ish note, i think we should have one master set first, then expand from there, like c3g. I think once we have this all sorted out, we should sit down and have a vote on what characters should go into the first master set, and then release figures in waves, like c3g and classic did, but we could also take requests, because as you said in the op this is to be "much more specialized than the C3G project" and that this "would be made more for the person who nominates rather than the community at large." however we should still consider the community at large as after some time (hopefully not too long! ), this could gain quite a bit of interest!

Old December 26th, 2013, 01:24 PM

So I know that laughing matter is interested. Anyone else willing to sign up and see if we can get this thing moving?

Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations