Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 13th, 2019, 05:48 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: GenCon 2019 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Does anyone have a good sense of exactly how long the longest games went in those rounds?
I fell asleep a few times in my last game but it was somewhere between 2.25-2.5 hours (which is waaay to long) before it was over.
Yeah, that can't happen again. People have stuff to *do* on the Saturday of GenCon, and it's not fair to spring on someone an hours-long commitment that will mess with the rest of the day. Unless, of course, the rules allow it, which they did this year.

I'm not you guys, but IMHO as a Heroscape TD, I think 90 minutes is a perfectly reasonable time limit for Day 2.
I also ended up missing dragon dice because of the game, but it's on me for not instituting the time limit before hand. I couldn't do it mid game as the Gen Con Tournament Director because that would not have been fair or ethical (though I really wanted to).

A conversation was held with my opponent after the game about playing faster and he received the criticism very well.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; August 13th, 2019 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Still only the 5 time dragon dice world champion...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con