Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old June 7th, 2018, 08:07 PM
"like" happy

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape/AOTP Mixed Play Rules PDF :TREX Edition 6-7-18

@lefton4ya , I was able to find one of the originals and updated the op to the verbiage of before or after move/attack. Hope that helps all you guys that use this doc. Enjoy.
Old April 2nd, 2019, 11:16 PM
lives in a creepy house on top of a hill

Dr.Phibes knows what's in an order marker Dr.Phibes knows what's in an order marker

I love it! It makes things so much easier. You're a brillant mad man, TREX. I appreciate you and everybody that helped.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 02:03 AM
"like" happy

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Phibes View Post
I love it! It makes things so much easier. You're a brillant mad man, TREX. I appreciate you and everybody that helped.
On behalf of everyone involved you're quite welcome. Hope it helps you to easily have a great time.
Old July 7th, 2019, 02:11 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

So I’ve been playing a HS/AOTP mix for almost a year now with these rules. We’ve made some slight tweaks in my house to help speed things up. First, spells can only be cast when you turn an order marker for the PW. Same with getting a new spell from the library. Basically AOTP is like a subgame. You play HS the usual way, and when you take a turn with a PW it becomes an AOTP turn. We felt getting and casting spells every turn was slowing down the HS turns and making games run too long.

Second, we’re very careful with the wording for sorcery cards and abilities. We try to limit them for HS figures. There’s usually some debate from time to time, but basically if it says “creature you control,” it means only the summoned creatures from either side. If it says “friendly creature” or something like “all figures,” it can affect HS figures also. It’s a little tricky, but we felt HS characters become a little too weak when faced with various free damage spells. This way if you lose the PW, it’s not necessarily game over.

Other than that, these rules are spot on, and that’s after a good 50 games played like this.
Old July 7th, 2019, 03:59 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
So I’ve been playing a HS/AOTP mix for almost a year now with these rules. We’ve made some slight tweaks in my house to help speed things up. First, spells can only be cast when you turn an order marker for the PW. Same with getting a new spell from the library. Basically AOTP is like a subgame. You play HS the usual way, and when you take a turn with a PW it becomes an AOTP turn. We felt getting and casting spells every turn was slowing down the HS turns and making games run too long.

Second, we’re very careful with the wording for sorcery cards and abilities. We try to limit them for HS figures. There’s usually some debate from time to time, but basically if it says “creature you control,” it means only the summoned creatures from either side. If it says “friendly creature” or something like “all figures,” it can affect HS figures also. It’s a little tricky, but we felt HS characters become a little too weak when faced with various free damage spells. This way if you lose the PW, it’s not necessarily game over.

Other than that, these rules are spot on, and that’s after a good 50 games played like this.
Glad you like them. You are certainly getting more use out of them than myself these days. Havent pulled my AOTP out in quite some time now and only pulling out scape for rare occasions.
Old July 7th, 2019, 04:51 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Glad you like them. You are certainly getting more use out of them than myself these days. Havent pulled my AOTP out in quite some time now and only pulling out scape for rare occasions.
I never put it away. I finally got a spot where no kids or cats get to it without me, just leave it out and do a few turns or rounds or whatever I have time for. I’ve had a game going now for about a week. Some days I don’t touch it at all, some I might get a half hour. Time is a *****

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender