Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old June 3rd, 2018, 06:53 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Looking for Superscape help -updated with battle results

Hi all,

Just getting into the Supers after many years of Classic Heroscape. My small group (3 or 4 players most nights) has just dipped our toes in so far, playing just a few matches. Our issue has been that the games (with teams usually built by me) have ended up being landslides. The Hulk has proved very hard to kill, Luke Cage/Wolverine combo steamrolled everyone by themselves, and so on. Some of it is surely because of our unfamiliarity with the cards/powers, but a fair amount is also because of my builds. What I'm looking for, would be some help with creating 4 or 5 balanced teams, around 1100 pts, with the cards that I own. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

So here is what I Currently own:

Marvel Master Set:
Hulk 370
Thanos 360
Silver Surfer 320
Captain America 220
Venom 150
Dr Doom 245
Abomination 320
Red Skull 190
Iron Man 240
Spider-man 160

C3G:
Juggernaut 340
Shang-Chi 230
Bullseye 175
Punisher 180
Jonah Hex 130
Dr Oct 215
Cyclops 190
Daredevil 180
Kraven 200
Scorpion 200
Hawkeye 150
War Machine 270
Black Panther 200
Bucky 60
Sabertooth 290
Luke Cage 190
Wolverine 280
Shield Agents x4 110
Shield Sniper x2 40
Black Widow 170
Sharon Carter 90
Dum Dum Dugan 90
Nick Fury 220
Hercules 360
Dr Strange 310
Sandman 210
Giant-Man 180
Blob 165
Iron Fist 260
Thor 430

Was thinking about this for one of the teams, but certainly not married to it:
Team One - Shield 1090pts
Shield Agents x4 110
Shield Sniper x2 40
Black Widow 170
Sharon Carter 90
Dum Dum Dugan 90
Nick Fury 220

Last edited by Ericth74; June 12th, 2018 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Added stuff
Old June 7th, 2018, 05:57 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Looking for Superscape team building help

It's gonna be difficult to make a team that can stop a Luke Cage/Wolvie combo out of that pool, simply because you don't have a ton of bonding options. The SHIELD build you have is probably your best bet. You could look to pick up some straightforward bonding figures as well. Ms. Marvel, Kingpin, Prof. X, and Mr. Fantastic are good choices.
Old June 7th, 2018, 06:18 PM

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, I agree. I started out just by buying figures that I liked without looking at cards.

I ended up making 6 teams and will post them tomorrow, if you get a moment take a look and let me know if something looks really out of balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
It's gonna be difficult to make a team that can stop a Luke Cage/Wolvie combo out of that pool, simply because you don't have a ton of bonding options. The SHIELD build you have is probably your best bet. You could look to pick up some straightforward bonding figures as well. Ms. Marvel, Kingpin, Prof. X, and Mr. Fantastic are good choices.
Old June 8th, 2018, 07:20 AM

Ok my group is getting together Monday and I build the teams for everyone with what I own. I tried to balance them out, but if one or two of the teams seem too strong or weak please let me. Or what teams would you draft and what would you avoid. Its 3 player free for all. 1st to 1100 pts wins

Thanks in advance for any input.

Team One - Shield 1240pts (more points than the others because of lack of a big hitter)
Shield Agents x4 110
Shield Sniper x2 40
Black Widow 170
Sharon Carter 90
Dum Dum Dugan 90
Nick Fury 220
Hawkeye 150

Team Two - 1185pts
Abomination 320
Dr Strange 310
Black Panther 200
Giant-Man 190
Blob 165

Team Three - 1165pts
Thanos 360
Dr Doom 245
Sandman 210
Kraven 200
Venom 150

Team Four - 1170pt
Thor 430
Shang-Chi 230
Scorpion 200
Daredevil 180
Jonah Hex 130

Team Five - 1135pts
Hulk 370
Iron Man 240
Luke Cage 190
Bullseye 175
Spider-man 160

Team Six - 1130pts
Sabretooth 290
Wolverine 280
Red Skull 190
Cyclops 190
Punisher 180

Team Seven - 1170pts
Juggernaut 360
War Machine 270
Iron Fist 260
Captain America 220
Bucky 60

Sitting out:
Silver surfer
Dr Octopus
Hercules

Last edited by Ericth74; June 8th, 2018 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Added stuff
Old June 9th, 2018, 01:32 AM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
Team One - Shield 1240pts (more points than the others because of lack of a big hitter)
Shield Agents x4 110
Shield Sniper x2 40
Black Widow 170
Sharon Carter 90
Dum Dum Dugan 90
Nick Fury 220
Hawkeye 150
I think this team is really strong. I could be wrong. Mostly I think that because of the massive figure numbers. A team will need a lot of attacks to take out that many people. Maybe take out 1 of the SHIELD Agent squads? Just theorizing.
Old June 8th, 2018, 12:26 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Hasbro Cap with Punisher on height gets nasty real fast, add Warmachine into that pod and it will decimate a Luke Cage/Wolverine Combo. I would also print off the C3G versions of each of the original Hasbro master set. Each hero is much better suited for super scape with updated C3G cards.

I totally agree with @L0B5T3R though, bonding can make C3G much better for beginning teams with limited options.

Im not sure if you are a DC fan at all but adding in the Justice league members and some bad guys just sweetens the C3G pie. Nothing better than seeing Thor duke it our with Superman on the top of a building while Batman faces off with Iron Man etc. There are some really cool combos between them as well (finding them yourself is half the fun) Also DC badguys like Darksied, Parasite, and Bane are way fun to add to the fray.

Wonder Woman is probably my favorite C3G hero, and I generally like Marvel stuff waaaay better than DC, but Im glad I have some of the DC stuff though.
Old June 8th, 2018, 02:27 PM

@weebaer I was always a Marvel guy, so I started there. If my group gets more into the Supers I’ll probably start to pick up some DC stuff. We have had fun so far but had mostly lopsided games.

good idea about the C3G cards for the original Marvel figures.

Last edited by Ericth74; June 8th, 2018 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Grammer
Old June 8th, 2018, 08:15 PM

I was a Marvel purist when I first got into C3G. I only purchased Marvel until I saw Green Lantern Hal Jordan. Once I saw that card, I just knew I needed it and decided to go all in. I'm 534 cards in now
Old June 8th, 2018, 09:25 PM

There is certainly some interesting DC options. A few more squad options too. But how to decide on which Batman?!
Old June 9th, 2018, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
There is certainly some interesting DC options. A few more squad options too. But how to decide on which Batman?!
I went with ALL the Batmans. I just picked up 4 (or is it 5?) distinguishable and cheap Batman mini's. It might seem like overkill but there are so many Robin's and other Sidekick figures to bond with. A really effective army is Cap, Bucky, Batman, and Robin. You can mix and match all the Batmen and Robins to adjust your army point total. You can even choose between Hasbro and C3G Cap (although C3G is REALLY beneficial in getting the most out of your Robin). The Vigilantes have a pretty extensive synergy pool.
Old June 9th, 2018, 10:13 AM

@lob5t3r I think you might be right. I'll probably drop one squad. I think that team could be challenging with order marker usage.
Old June 12th, 2018, 12:05 PM

My group got two games in last night, here is a quick report from memory on how it went:

Both games 1 v 1 v 1, 1st to 1100 pts. Free built map 6 equipment glyphs

Game 1:
Team One - Shield (my team)
Shield Agents x3 110
Shield Sniper x2 40
Black Widow 170
Sharon Carter 90
Dum Dum Dugan 90
Nick Fury 220
Hawkeye 150

vs

Team Two
Abomination 320
Dr Strange 310
Black Panther 200
Giant-Man 190
Blob 165

vs

Team Three
Hercules 360
Iron Man 240
Dr Octopus 215
Bullseye 175
Spider-man 160

Game 1 started out with me dropping in Nick Fury and 3 Shield Agents and putting them on height to set up their kill box special. And it almost worked perfectly, I won initiative and took a shot at Abomination and rolled 1, yes 1 skull with 9 dice. Iron Man and Abomination quickly disposed of the Agents after that. Over the next few rounds Iron Man(team 3) and my shield team wiped out Abomination, Black Panther(finally got my Kill Box Off, and got luck with Panthers roll of all skulls), Giant-Man and Blob(One shot by Black Widow w/Infinity Power Gem). At this point Dr Strange went after Nick Fury, removing all 3 order markers on him. After that Iron Man and Spider-man made quick work of the Shield team. Game One was conceded to Team 3 after a few more rounds. Team 1 had 1 sniper and a 2 life Sharon Carter left, Team 2 had a 1 life Dr Strange left and Team 3 somehow didn't lose a figure, only had 2 wounds on Iron Man, full life on everyone else and had Herc and Dr Octopus still in the start zone.

Not sure I played my team right. Dum Dum and Sharon Carter did nothing and my snipers only got 1 shot off. I think I tried to hard with the Shield Agents. Looking forward to trying them again.

Game 2: As the winner, Team 3 decided to keep his team. He also thought, with his lack of knowledge of the cards, that he felt he was just getting comfortable with his unit.

Team 1 (my team)
Juggernaut 360
War Machine 270
Iron Fist 260
Captain America 220
Bucky 60

vs

Team 2
Thor 430
Shang-Chi 230
Scorpion 200
Daredevil 180
Jonah Hex 130

vs

Team 3 (winner of last game)
Hercules 360
Iron Man 240
Dr Octopus 215
Bullseye 175
Spider-man 160

A couple of quick highlights in the beginning of this game. I moved War Machine out early to try to get some chain gun action going, Iron Man moves in and one shots War Machine, 4 skulls to 6 blanks! With some lucky order marker usage, I have Iron Fist leap in to engage Iron Man and one shot him back. Bucky died quickly to Scorpion but Cap quickly returned the favor getting Scorpion then Shang-Chi. At this point Dr Ock wrapped up Daredevil and put him down only to die to an angry Thor. At this point the heavy hitters started to come out. Somewhere Bullseye went down to Thor and Cap took Spidy down but I don't remember how, other than it was quick. Thor faced off with Cap, Hercules charged into Iron Fist and won a Test of Might with him, but picked up 4 wounds in the process. Cap hung on as long as he could but ultimately couldn't take down the God of Thunder, who at this point was also wielding the Cosmic Control Rod. So now I was down to a full life Juggernaut, team 2 had a full life Jonah Hex, and Thor with 3 wounds and the control rod, Team 3 had Hercules with 4 life left. Thor decided to fly around and go after who he thought was the easier target in Juggernaut, at the same time Herc went after a glyph which turned out to be a first aid pack and removed a wound. Between Thor's 8 attack and the control rod Juggernaut didn't last as long as I hoped, but he did give Thor another wound, Thor also managed to wound himself with a bad d20 roll with the rod. Herc decided to charge in to face Thor, after a few back and forth attacks that were negated Thor rolled another bad d20 and took another wound. So now Thor had 7 wounds and Herc had 6. Team 3 wins a big initiative roll and places a potentially risky Test of Might marker on Thor, rolling 10 dice(with height bonus) Hercules rolls 8 skulls to Thor's 2 shields. Team 3 wins game 2 on points.

In hindsight my team pick in game 2 was a mistake, I should have taken the Thanos team. The map wasn't suited at all for Juggernauts special attack to come into play and having both Thanos and Dr Dooms flying ability would have really helped.

All in all we had a great night with the Supers and I think we will have to jump into the DC world as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion