Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old October 22nd, 2012, 09:18 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Peoria NHSD#4 Battle Reports

I'll post mine soon, but here is a copy of Vegietarian's battle report

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Thanks for hosting a great tournament. It was fun getting 3rd (1st) place on my birthday. My report turned out to be super long due to the need to explain the draft and the game, so click the spoiler if you wanna read it.

Spoiler Alert!
My pool was:

10th x6
Marcus
Johnny Shotgun Sullivan
Heirloom
Marcu
Isamu

I really wanted to play some Redcoats every game, because I wanted to make sure I was playing something good all of the time. So I brought every single Redcoat I owned, as well as some filler heroes that work well with them. I never got to play my ideal army (10th x4, Marcus), but as you will see, the armies that I played were far from awful.

Round 1 vs. Captain Canuck (Pool: Krav, Nakitas, Laglor, Skahen, Guilty, Stingers x2, etc.) on Embattled Fen
Captain won the draft initiative, so he decided to defer to me. I wasn't really sure of his general direction with his armies, but I knew that I wanted to play Redcoats, and Redcoats are terrible against the Krav, so why not play the Krav? I ended up playing 10th x4 and the Krav as my army. The Captain wanted some ranged counter figures that the Redcoats would have to catch to kill, so he took Skahen, Nakitas, and Laglor, as well as Marcu and Guilty as filler.

I opened with the Krav, going for some fishing of the Nakitas to draw them in range of Bayonet Charge. The Krav's early play wasn't great; two of the agents died with only two Nakitas dead and two wounds on Laglor. That's what I get for playing Krav without a screen, I guess. The Redcoats did much better though, taking the wound glyph and just slowing whittling away at Canuck's army. Skahen fell to sustained Bayonets and then he pretty much lost his offense. Marcu survived two turns of attacks before eventually collapsing.

Round 2 vs. Legoboy's Son (Pool: Werewolf Lord x3, Fen Hydra, Gurei Oni) on Ruins of Pine Tree March
His pool was weird, but he won his first game against a solid opponent with it, so I knew not to underestimate him. The draft was pretty uneventful; we both just took figures from our own pool. He went with WWL x2 and the Hydra, and I debated in my head for a while whether I should pick 10th x5 and Marcu or 10th and Marcus, but I eventually settled on 5x because of the speed of the WWL.

The game opened with me taking height and blasting at his Werewolf Lord while he made his way over to one of the glyphs. He eventually got it, and it turned out to be defense, which had me scared, but he had some truly awfully rolling that lasted all game, and I was able to kill his first Werewolf and take the glyph. Things went downhill for him from here, as my Redcoats were already set up on height so I could just WTF his oncoming Werewolf Lord and Hydra. I didn't lose a single figure the whole game, which is extremely crazy. My Redcoats shouldn't have blocked all of his 10ish attacks, but the defense glyph does help a lot I guess.

2-0

Round 3 vs. Kevindola (Pool: Knights x1, Finn, Harqs x1, Yari x1, Krav, Q10, etc.) on Stygian Rift
He had another weird pool, but I was giving him the figures that he had won this tournament two years in a row with. He won the draft roll, and chose Marcu with his first pick. I just decided I was going to go with more Redcoats than him and try to beat him with numbers, so I took four Redcoats as he took two. He ended up with Q10 next, so I went with the Krav to attempt to get rid of Q10 , or at least distract him. He took the Harqs and Isamu as filler.

The Krav did much more than that though; he won initiative and moved Q10 one space in front of the shadow pool in the center. On my first Krav turn, I moved the Krav on to the lava field and just blasted Q10. I got a lucky three skull roll on the first shot. Q10 whiffed, and he died before the end of the turn. I then gained one Order Marker with which pick off Redcoats. I believe I only killed one or two, but that's a big deal when you only have eight. My Krav perished to lava field and Redcoat shots, but the rest of my Redcoats performed up to snuff and finished off his 10th, Marcu, and Isamu with relative ease. At the end of the game, Kevin realized he forgot to put his Harqs on the board. They probably wouldn't have done much, but it sucks to see a game not played how it should have been.

3-0

Round 4 vs. Clarissmus (Pool: Gorrillanators x2, Gladiatrons x1, Grok Riders x1, Gurei Oni, Guilty McGreech, etc.)
Clarissmus had gone 2-1 with his G6 (I think he had six G figures. I may be forgetting one of his squads, and if so excuse the stupid joke and move on), but I was seeded down, being the only undefeated. I can't remember exactly how this draft went down, but I know he went with the Gorrillas midway through, hoping I wouldn't take a special attacker, but I took Johnny as soon as that happened. I ended up playing Redcoats x4, Johnny, Marcu, and Isamu, while he had two squads of Gorillas, Gurei Oni, Guilty, and Heirloom.

He lead with the Gorillas, so I used Johnny to blast through them and ignore Tough. They went after sleeping Redcoats, and killed around five of them. Heirloom was the next wave of attack, and he killed Johnny before succumbing to Redcoat fire. Gurei actually hit a Redcoat with Evil Eye Defense after I completely forgot about that power, but she died to the Bayonet.

4-0

Round 5 vs. Jexik (Heavy Gruts x2, Nerak, Grimnak, Warriors of Ashra x2, Airborne Elite, Tagawa Samurai, Kozuke Samurai)

Jexik realized that the best way to beat my army was to fight fire with fire so when the Redcoat grab ended, we each had three squads. I took Johnny with the first real pick, hoping for Johnny and the AE to perfectly fill out my points. Alas, it wasn't to be, and Jexik took the AE for himself. I decided on Marcus instead, which turned out to be a mistake, because then he took Isamu and forced me to play 10 points short. He took the Warriors of Ashra with his last pick.

The Airborne dropped on the first try, but the Redcoats won the initiative and were able to catch the AE, and killed three before they got a shot off. They weren't able to gain much from that though; they whiffed a turn of attack rolls down in the start zone of the Redcoats, and Jexik had his three well placed on Redcoats and was able to turn the tide back to himself and kill some Redcoats. From there on out, it was just dice. There wasn't ever a deciding die roll, and we both rolled OK, but even a few dice rolls different in a mirror match mean a lot. Jexik got me down to three Redcoats before I got him down to three, and he did a great job of keeping his figures from being adjacent to deny me Shotgun Blast opportunities, so he eked out the win.

4-1

Round 6 vs. jetjake (Pool: Mohicans x2, Theracus, Iskra, Retchets, Krug, Brave Arrow, Tarn Viking Warriors)

I didn't get to play in the Championship game, because I lost in the Semis, though I had the highest point total of anyone in the tournament. I got to play against the other semifinal loser, jetjake. He saw that Jexik was able to beat me using my own figures against me, so he took a similar strategy. He won the draft, so after the three squad of Redcoats picks, he took Brave Arrow. Seeing that Krug would perfectly fill out his points, I decided to steal Krug just to mess with his possible plan. It may have worked, because he ended up taking Iskra, Theracus, Marcu. I took the Tarn to fill out my points.

The game was kind of a boring one, just some back and forth Redcoat fire that I eventually came out on top of due to him putting Order Markers on Brave Arrow in the middle of the game, which cut down on his activations. That let me really push down his Redcoats faster than he was killing mine. I killed Brave Arrow in the midgame with potshots, and Marcu came out next. He fell in a couple turns of attacks, and jetjake resigned, because people were waiting for us to finish so they could take their prizes. I had 2 Redcoats, a full-life Krug, and the Tarn remaining.

Final Record: 5-1, 3rd Place.

Kevindola ended up winning after he beat Jexik in the finals. I beat the champ and ruined his undefeated streak that spanned three years!

Old October 22nd, 2012, 09:20 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Peoria NHSD#4 Battle Reports

Bluh... Like I said, I can't believe they let you win AGAIN!

If I'da been there....

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old October 22nd, 2012, 12:38 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Peoria NHSD#4 Battle Reports

kevindola’s battle report

My Draft Pool: (Q10, Krav Maga, Iron Golem, Syvarris, Finn, Knights of Weston, Ashigaru Harquebus, Arkmer, Ashigaru Yari)

This was my first draft pool tournament, but was really excited for it because I feel like it adds an additional level of skill in the drafting portion that you don’t get with prebuilt armies where you usually see the same basic armies time and time again. Based on that you also get quite a wide variety of armies and options and typically you won’t be playing with the same army twice. That being said, I had a two championship to defend …so let’s see how it played out for me

Round 1: vs. legoboy (#6, 2-2)
Legoboy’s pool: Q9, Minions x 2, Finn, some other stuff
Legoboy’s Army: Minions x 2, Krav Maga, Finn
Kevindola’s army: Q9, Knights, Finn, Harquebus
Map: Blackroot

I won the draft roll and couldn’t help myself to take Q9. Lego countered with his 2 squads of minions. With 2 Finn’s in the draft pool, I had no problem taking the Knights of Weston with my 2nd pick to set up a screen against the Minions. He took the Kravs to add range, and I took the Harquebus as filler. Then we split the remaining Finns.
Round 1 saw Lego take 2 moves with minions and one move of Finn towards the unique attack glyph. I had all 3 orders on the Knights and an engagement took place in the center of the map on my side of the hive in the road. 2 Minions went down and so did 2 Knights.
Round 2 had Lego’s Finn take another step towards the attack glyph and his minions took out my last two knights of Weston. My knights/Finn failed 6 attacks in my first two OMs, and I lost my 3rd OM on the Knights when Minions finished them off. After 2 rounds, squad of Knights gone and 2 Minions gone.
Round 3 had me switch all my OMs to Q9. Lego used his first OM to take the unique attack glyph with Finn and then switch to Kravs. Q9 got to a level 2 height and the Queglix took out a 3rd minion. Kravs moved out, Q9 takes out a 4th minion with Queglix. Kravs with the unique attack get 3 attacks of 4 against the heightened Q9 but can’t get a wound. Final OM on Q9 allowed him to engage a Krav and first Queglix of 3 killed him, and another Krav whiffed against the attacks of 1.
Round 4 and Lego put the orders on the Minions. He took a chance to disengage with Finn to get to Q9, but I rolled a skull and the 5th minion went down. The final minion went down before he reached Q9. That left Finn and 1 Krav against Harquebus/Finn/Q9. I think 2 of my Harquebus went down before my army hunted down the last Krav and Finn.
A good game, and I had been wanting to play legoboy as we just missed getting matched up at the tournament last year, and I wasn’t able to make it out to his tournament this year. The minions 6 defense just did not hold up against the Queg and being able to engage a Krav and kill two in one turn just as they were getting position with the Unique attack glyph was key

Casualties: Knights of Weston, 2 Harquebus
Record: 1-0

Round 2: vs. Jexik (#2, 4-2)
Jexik pool: Grimnak, Nerak, Heavies x 2, Warriors of Ashra x 2, Airborne, Kozuke, Tagawa
Jexik Army: Airborne Elite, Iron Golem, Heavy Gruts, Tagawa Samurai
Kevindola army: Krav Maga, Grimnak, Heavy Gruts, Warriors x 2
Map: Broken Skyline

Jexik won the d20 roll and couldn’t help himself to pick the Airborne on the Airborne friendly Broken Skylines. I picked the Kravs to counter and also Grimnak who I hoped would make it to the turrets to do some Airborne chomping. Jexik then took the unchompable Iron Golem. I took a squad of heavies. Then Jexik, in order to prevent me from taking both, took the other squad of heavies. I took both squads of Warriors while he finished with Tagawa Samurai.
The drop failed and I moved out heavies and Grimnak x 3. Jex moved the Tagawa Samurai, Heavies, and Golem. I uncovered the wound glyph during Round 1. Chomp claimed a heavy grut and grut on grut crime claimed another one. The wound glyph finished a 3rd of Jex’s Heavies.
The drop failed a second time (big die roll), and I won initiative for round 2 (another big time die roll). With initiative I chomped an expensive samurai and the gruts engaged the Golem (maybe doing a wound). The Tagawa samurai both teamed up on a heavy grut but failed both attacks. The rest of the round saw 2 of my heavies go down, but put 2 wounds on the Golem and his last heavy finished off. The wound glyph activated again and Jexik had to kill a Samurai with it since he had only 2 samurai and 1 life Golem left.
The drop finally hit (3 on top of the side towers, one close to my base), but I won initiative (a third big d20 win) and the Kravs took out 2 AE before they got started. The AE failed their Krav attacks and I failed my 2nd turn with the Kravs. I made a placement error on my 2nd turn though, climbing one Krav up a ladder and placing another by him. This allowed Jexik to lob a grenade at both and wouldn’t you know it…0/3 and 0/3, and 2 dead Kravs. The lone Krav killed the 3rd AE, and the AE failed an attack on their final turn. The wound glyph activated once again and he put the wound on the last AE.
Jexik finally won initiative in the 4th round. (cruel I know). The golem took down my third heavy grut, but the Golem didn’t stand up to a heightened attack from the Heavy in my first turn. Jexik lost turn two, and Grimnak chomped the final Tagawa to finish the game.
A completely different complexion of game if the AE had dropped in either of the first two rounds, OR if Jex had won initiative in Rounds 2 or 3, but those d20 rolls were with me, and Grimnak really made a great charge in chompery and boosting the gruts. The wound glyph on this map for me really shouldn’t be overlooked, because Jexik did not have a lot of wounds to go around…

Casualties: 3 Heavy Gruts, 2 Krav Maga
Record: 2-0

Round 3: vs. vegietarian18 (#3, 5-1)
Vegie pool: Carrots, Broccoli, Cucumber……..oops wrong veggie pool
Vegie pool: a buttload of 10th Regiment, Marcu, Isamu, Johnny Shotgun, Marcus
Vegie Army: 10th Regiment x 4; Krav Maga
Kevindola army: Q10, 10th Regiment x 2, Marcu, Isamu, Harquebus
Map: Stygian Rift

Vegietarian brought some figures near and dear to my heart. As he mentioned, the 10th Regiment (along with Zelrig) had won me the last two Peoria NHSD tournaments during General Wars. However I tried to be cute when I won first pick and decided to take Marcu. Vegietarian probably mentally shrugged and took 2 10th regiment. Holy Redcoats! I too late decided I couldn’t let him take ALL the redcoats, so the next 3 picks were 10th. He finished off with Kravs, and I took Q10 and then Harq and Isamu as filler.
This was short and not so sweet (for me.) I racked up the Round 1 orders on Q10, who picked off 10th Reg with his pistol, however heightened Kravs obliterated Q10 on their first turn, and I was ordermarkerless for the rest of the round, and Vegie took the chance to start cleaning the redcoats out of my base.
I tried to put up somewhat of a fight from there on, my 10th did manage to take down 2 Kravs, and the third got dropped at the end of the round stuck on hot rocks. But after the 2nd round, I was down to Isamu, Marcu, and 1 10th.
Marcu killed a few, and Isamu vanished a few times, but really it was clean up work with rifles and bayonets to give vegietarian a better drafted, better played victory. As he noted, I boneheadedly forgot to put the Harquebus on the boards, but this had zero impact on the results, so no worries. I knew if I matchup with him again in the playoffs, there would be no messing around during the draft and I would have to just split the 10th reg with him, and see how it went from there. Definitely a learning experience and great dominant win by veggie.

Casualties: my whole Freaking Army!! I killed his Kravs and 3 of his 16 10th Regiment
Record: 2-1
Round 4: vs. Brian (#5, 2-2)
Brian pool: Werewolf Lord x 3, Hydra, Isamu, Mindflayer
Brian Army: Hydra, Q10, Knights, Arkmer
Kevindola army: Kravs, Isamu, Harquebus, Iron Golem, Syvarris
Map: Sidewinder

I won the roll of and selected the Kravs. Brian took the big boys (Q10 and Hydra). I decided to slow play the draft and took Isamu. Brian took the Knights, and I decided to take the Harquebus to force Brian to take either Yari or Ark. He took Arkmer and I took the Iron Golem to try and be a counter for Q10, and then kind of outsmarted myself again as I had done against vegietarian, and I had 130 points left, and my only options were Syvarris or Mind Flayer or Finn/Yari. I decided to go with Syvarris and burn 30 points.
I won initiative and Syvarris took a few pot shots at the Major, both arrows flew wide. Brian put all his OMs on the Knights spreading them out around the edges to take both glyphs (Move +2 and Unique Attack) Unfortunately for him, this left my full round Syvarris to claim height in the center of the map and his 6 attacks against Q10 (4 with height) put 3 wounds on the Major.
Round 2 saw the knights catch Syvarris and hit him down to 1 life; however I switched orders to the Kravs and was able both to finish off Q10, and put 2 critical wounds on the hydra with heighted Krav attacks. Syvarris also was finished off.
Round 3 had the high speed Hydra engage and take down a Krav; however the Kravs finished him off, and 2 of the knights. I sent out the iron golem on the last turn and he took down a 3rd Knight.
Round 4 has a heighted knight attack do 1 wound to the golem before the golem’s blade took him down. The Arkmer hit 4/4 on the Golem who crumbled under that attack. Disappointing….however, the 5th round had the Kravs able to put Arkmer away to finish the game.
Casualties: Iron Golem, Syvarris, 1 Krav
Record: 3-1

My 3-1 record was good enough to qualify into the single elimination final four as the #2 seed. The higher seeds pick the map, so while Jexik would play Vegietarian on Fulcrum, I selected Sidewinder to play jetjake since I liked how the map played in the game I had just finished…..

Playoffs-Semifinals: vs. jetjake (#4, 3-3)
jetjake pool: Mohicans x 2, Krug, Zombies x 2, Brave Arrow, Iskra, Rechets, Theracus,Concan, Vikings
jetjake Army: Brave Arrow, Mohicans x 2, Syvarris, Iskra, Rechets
Kevindola army: Kravs, Theracus, Q10, Harquebus, Vikings
Map: Sidewinder

I picked first and took the Kravs. Jake took Mohicans and Brave Arrow, I then took Theracus, and he took Iskra. I took Q10 and to took Syvarris. I finished with the Harquebus again (3rd time I took them in this tournament) and he took the Rechets and a 2nd squad of Indians. I finished with Vikings
I won initiative and Theracus flew to a glyph (Attack +1) and carried a Krav with him. (I will make a note that the next day, jetjake realized I should not have been able to fly Theracus to the location I did due to it being ice) Jake sent out Iskra but she failed a summon. My next two OMs were on the Kravs, and they put 3 wounds on Syvarris and killed a Mohican. The Mohicans came out in turn and put 2 wounds on Theracus.
2nd Round and Jake won initiative. Iskra fails summon again and fails to kill a Krav up close. The rest of the round has the Kravs finish off Syvarris, and a handful of Mohicans, and put 2 wounds on Iskra. Theracus is killed.
3rd Round. Iskra gets one last chance to summon and fails. The Kravs finish off Iskra and leaves the Rechets unsummoned. 1 Krav goes down, and so does a Harquebus.
The endgame was Brave Arrow and 2 Mohicans against Q10, Harq, Isamu, 2 Kravs. Q10 took down the Mohicans and the Harquebus actually did 2/4 wounds on Brave, but Q10 finished off, after I lost 2/4 Harq.

Casualties: 1 Krav Maga Agent, 2 Harquebus, Theracus
Record: 4-1
Playoffs-Championship: vs. Jexik (#2, 4-2)
Jexik pool: Grimnak, Nerak, Heavies x 2, Warriors of Ashra x 2, Airborne, Kozuke, Tagawa
Jexik Army: Krav Maga, Q10, Knights of Weston, Finn
Kevindola army: Grimnak, Heavies x 2, Iron Golem, Yari
Map: Embattled Fen

Jexik had won the other semi-final, so we set up for a rematch in the Championship. As the higher seed, I decided to select Embattled Fen for the Championship match. I won the 20 roll for selection, but decided to defer to Jexik. He selected the Kravs and I took Grimnak/Heavies. He took Q10 and I took a second squad of Heavies. He went with the Knights and I took the Yari (their first game of the tournament and in the championship no less) in order to leave myself 100 points for either Golem or 2 squads of Ashra. Jex took Finn so I took the Golem.
I won initiative and sent Grim and Heavies to the road. Jexik sent out the knights/Finn towards the swamp and the Wound glyph. I moved Grimnak a little farther along with more heavy gruts. Finn took the wound glyph and the knights stayed on the level 1 ground by the swamp, except for one who blocked the road. That knight was chomped for his trouble as I sent the heavies further down the road and one to engage Q10. Q10 was the final order marker and sent the engaged heavy to his grave and put a wound on Grimnak. Wound glyph killed one of the Yari.
I win Round 2 initiative (a huge one) Grimnak moves off the road to ground level and chomps a Knight. Another heavy moves in to engage Q10, the other Heavies surround Grimnak and finish off the knights of Weston with their boosted attacks and did a wound to Q10. Had Jexik won initiative there it would have been big as Q10 could have take height against Grimnak instead of being pinned down against heightened heavies on the road… Q10 did disengage (miss) and hit Grimnak for 3 wounds (1 life left). My second turn sent a heavy to dispatch a Krav and Grimnak not able to disengage from Q10 (I would have liked to chomp a Krav). So Grimnak stayed there and boosted Heavies who did another couple of wounds to Q10 (1 life left) Q10 finished off Grimnak and a couple of Gruts, but not before a 2nd Krav went down. And then the wound glyph bit back on Jexik when he rolled a 1. (The d20 gods were laughing at him at this point) 1 wound to Finn.
I think I won Round 3 initiative on a tiebreaker, but the Heavy Gruts finished off Q10 and the last Krav, causing all order marker for Jexik to be lost. The heavies then surrounded Finn and finished him off in the 4th round (another Yari went down to wound glyph)

I think the game came down to the 2nd round initiative. Unsure what would have happened if Q10 would have gotten first turn there and had better position, not giving up height to the heavies and making Grimnak positioning very difficult. Two fun games against Jexik though, the d20 was really not with him in either of our game though.

Casualties: Grimnak, 3-4 Heavy Gruts
Final Record: 5-1 Champion

Had a great time at the tournament again this year. Can never say no to a day filled with scape. I loved the format and I would definitely be in favor of doing it again. Some interesting notes: None of the 12 participants brought Raelin nor the rats in their pool, and there was only 1 Cyprien. In all 6 of my games, the Kravs were drafted. I played with them 3 times and against them 3 times.

Last edited by kevindola; December 3rd, 2012 at 01:39 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports