Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 1st, 2007, 05:44 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
TV Show: Dollhouse (New Joss Whedon)

Check it out: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?id=45154

Good news: More Joss on TV.
Bad news: It's on Fox.
Worse news: Joah will probably watch it. No Joah, no!
Old November 1st, 2007, 05:52 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yup, Joah my friend, we need you to take one for the team and not watch this one

~Aldin, getting ready to watch the show out of order, see it canceled before the end of the first season and rediscover it on DVD as it was initially meant to be

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 1st, 2007, 05:58 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
As long as it has cowboys, spaceships and a guy named Jayne we will be fine!!

Newb.~who misses Firefly as much as Joah (well almost).
Old November 1st, 2007, 06:08 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Awesome! It sounds interesting, though I don't remember ever watching anything with Eliza Dushku in it. (not having ever watched Buffy or Angel)
Old November 1st, 2007, 06:43 PM

royaldoy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja
Awesome! It sounds interesting, though I don't remember ever watching anything with Eliza Dushku in it. (not having ever watched Buffy or Angel)
You didn't miss much, Eliza's character (Faith) bored me to tears.

I choose you...Isamu!
Old November 1st, 2007, 08:08 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Eliza is awesome! I've had the pleasure of meeting her twice and is real sweetheart. It doesn't hurt that she's from Boston and a huge Red Sox fan.

I always liked Faith's character. In the final season, I was more drawn to that character than Buffy.

Old November 2nd, 2007, 02:01 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Good to hear and thanks for the heads up as a show titled Dollhouse would not get on my list of things to watch. Joss Whedon puts it on a must see list. Joss Whedon together with Eliza Dushku puts it directly in the number one must see spot!

It is quite possible not to like Eliza Dushku's character Faith, if you only saw Season 3 of Buffy. Being a fan of both Buffy and Angel, Faith's ride though growing up with the power she had was a great arc. Her character more than any other, in either cast, actually grew from Wild Child, to Pure Evil, to Slayer Incarnate (so much so the if Eliza did not already have a commitment to Tru Calling we might have had Faith the Vampire Slayer, the TV Series!).

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 07:29 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Good to hear and thanks for the heads up as a show titled Dollhouse would not get on my list of things to watch.
That's why I added Joss' name after I made the post.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 04:28 PM

royaldoy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Good to hear and thanks for the heads up as a show titled Dollhouse would not get on my list of things to watch. Joss Whedon puts it on a must see list. Joss Whedon together with Eliza Dushku puts it directly in the number one must see spot!

It is quite possible not to like Eliza Dushku's character Faith, if you only saw Season 3 of Buffy. Being a fan of both Buffy and Angel, Faith's ride though growing up with the power she had was a great arc. Her character more than any other, in either cast, actually grew from Wild Child, to Pure Evil, to Slayer Incarnate (so much so the if Eliza did not already have a commitment to Tru Calling we might have had Faith the Vampire Slayer, the TV Series!).
I've watched all seasons of Buffy and just finished the last season of Angel, having watched them all, I can say with extreme confidence that she was one of my least favorite characters period. That's not to say she is a bad actress, I just couldn't stand her character. Not enjoying her character doesn't mean I would hate this new show. Joss's name on it is intriguing enough for me to warrant checking this out. I am equally excited about this. Joss Whedon and Michael Strazynski shows seem be great television. I hope this one turns out great!!

I choose you...Isamu!
Old November 2nd, 2007, 05:26 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm more than willing to forgive Joss Whedon for... well, you know... since he's bringing Eliza Dushku back to television. I don't care if you liked Faith or not, that girl is smokin' hot. I confess to having watched Bring It On because she was in it.

Unlike Malechi, I would at least slow down as I channel-surfed past a show called 'Dollhouse.' Because who knows, it might be about strippers or hookers, and if we're lucky, it'll be on HBO.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 09:50 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
~Aldin, getting ready to watch the show out of order, see it canceled before the end of the first season and rediscover it on DVD as it was initially meant to be
You beat me to it, Aldin.

I wish they'd just give Firefly another chance. Sigh.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 12:27 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
Thanks Mr. Bistro. I've enjoyed most of what Joss has done. This makes me happy!

As to what I didn't like that Joss has done- bringing Colossus back to life in marvel comics. That undermined his whole noble self-sacrifice and added to the long list of dead Marvel characters that were resurrected. They shoulod all have "rejected by death", technically.

The other thing I didn't like, and I'm sure this will make me appear prudish or uptight, is the occasional inclusion of too much sexual content in his programs. Especially on Buffy. That show went from being a great morality play to an immorality play as soon as the Scooby gang went to college. (Or reached college age in Zander's case.) I am a bit annoyed with the whole notion that it is a foregone conclusion that college is all about "experimentation", so "anything goes". How many people regret the stupid things they did in the name of "experimentation" and "self-exploration/liberation" when they finally grow-up? Selfish exploration is more like it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV