Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 21st, 2020, 10:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Cosmic Terrain Brainstorming Thread

How about this as a tag team? You make the map and I'll test it and the rules?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 22nd, 2020, 06:30 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
How about this as a tag team? You make the map and I'll test it and the rules?

And like that there is an extra step in his plan. And he has drawn me in with a masterful play.
Old January 22nd, 2020, 06:31 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Not my first rodeo

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 18th, 2020, 02:48 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I guess I should start paying attention to this now that I'll need to be voting on it. Excited to see you roped A3N in here.
Old February 18th, 2020, 09:02 PM

I think the map department technically votes independently? But it's been so long since anyone's run a map that I might be wrong!

Either way, your voice and input are welcome and valued! And if anyone wants to beat A3n or I to building a map with this, I'm happy to use said map to test and to test cosmic rules on it.

Currently I'm digging the idea that any concrete/asphalt pieces on the cosmic map are stationary, but any rock or lava field tiles represent things like asteroids or comets and at the end of each round they and any figures on cosmic spaces are "pulled" a space or two towards the largest stationary land mass due to gravity.

I think that coupled with the full movement in a straight line for non-fliers and end of the round damage that's worse for figures without SS would make for a pretty interesting, dynamic rule set.

Old February 18th, 2020, 09:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That moving comet idea is pretty cool, sounds fun. You have HG in range of your opponents, then suddenly you are not in range any more even though neither one of you moved.
Old February 19th, 2020, 12:47 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

The Book of Cosmic Space Mat
Old February 19th, 2020, 06:16 PM
C3G Landlord

How often are you thinking the Gravity move would occur? Either once per OM reveal or once per round depending on how much movement you want to incorporate. You could have the asteroids move one space per OM reveal, or numbered OM reveal if you think the X powers would mess things up. That would be 6 spaces per round in total. Or you could do one move of 3 at the end/start of each round for 1/2 the speed.
Old February 19th, 2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
How often are you thinking the Gravity move would occur? Either once per OM reveal or once per round depending on how much movement you want to incorporate. You could have the asteroids move one space per OM reveal, or numbered OM reveal if you think the X powers would mess things up. That would be 6 spaces per round in total. Or you could do one move of 3 at the end/start of each round for 1/2 the speed.
My feelings are that it should be at the end of round.
Old February 19th, 2020, 07:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Wink Re: Cosmic Terrain Brainstorming Thread

*Here is a general sketch of an idea of how to handle it. I've got to go make come chili (that won't harm those who eat it), so I'll check in later to see what you all think of it.*

Looking at the space mat, I see there are 20 hexes running along the south edge. Start zones would appear to me to be on the East and West ends. So I would have the asteroids and comets appear on the south edge and move to the north edge in a straight line, and vice versa.

General rules sketch.

1. Before rolling for initiative, one player rolls 2 (or 3) combat die, players should alternate turns rolling dice and placing the space objects each round.
  • For each skull rolled, nothing happens.
  • For each shield rolled, place one Asteroid (single rock hex) on the right edge of the board.
  • For each blank rolled, place one Comet (double snow hex) on the right edge of the board.
To determine the exact placement, roll a 20-sided die once for each new object. Place the object on the hex space indicated by the number rolled, starting with 1 being the closest hex to the player who rolled the die and 20 being the furthest. Only place one hex into play when placing a double hex, with the back half of the hex hanging off the mat. If you roll the same number more than once when placing space objects, ignore that roll and roll again until all objects are placed.

2. After each player reveals a numbered Order Marker, before taking their turn or using any other powers, each player that placed a space object on the map moves any space objects they placed on the board 1 space along a straight line to the opposite side of the mat. Comets move from right to left towards the other players start zone, while Asteroids move from right to left towards their own start zone.

3. When an Asteroid or Comet enters into a hex occupied by a players figure, roll an unblockable combat die vs. that figure, if it survives and is a single based figure, place it on top of the space object. If that hex is already occupied by a figure, instead place the hit figure in the space previously occupied by the space object. When double based figures are hit by a space object, using the base half that was not hit as a pivot, rotate the base around until the base half that was hit can be legally placed into an open spot, starting with the space directly in front of the space object.

4. When an Asteroid or Comet enters into the same hex, roll a 20-sided die for each space object, the object that rolls the lower number is destroyed and removed from the board. If both objects roll the same number, re-roll both die.

5. When an Asteroid or Comet Hex moves off the mat, your opponent places any figure on that space object on the mat adjacent to the spot it previously occupied.

6. Space objects have a base defense of 10, a life of 1, and may be attacked and destroyed. When a space object is destroyed, place any figures on that space object on the board in the same space previously occupied by the space object.
Old February 19th, 2020, 08:16 PM

I think these are more like scenario or specific map type rules. The mat is just that a mat intended for maps to be created using it as a base to build upon. Don't discard these rules but I don't think they should be part of the overall cosmic terrain rules. Maybe we can have a suggested optional rules section at the end?

Love the idea of a comet as a double space snow piece.

I think this should be our direction here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

The three rules I'm liking so far (I need to refine the wording) are:

1. At the end of each round, any figure on a Cosmic Space rolls one unblockable attack die for damage. If the figure has Super Strength it takes a wound on a blank instead of a skull.

2. When a non-flying figure enters a Cosmic Space they can only move in a straight line and must continue moving in this manner until they either use all of their available movement or until they move onto a space of a different terrain type.

3. Pull of Gravity: Figures (including DOs) and non-fixed terrain (such as asteroids and comets) that occupy or are on top of Cosmic Spaces at the end of the round must move two spaces towards the closest fixed terrain, ending that movement as close to that fixed terrain as possible, or move one space towards the closest fixed terrain if the figure or terrain being moved is larger than two hexes.
Old February 19th, 2020, 08:31 PM

I'm in favor of space objects being designated by specific map builds. I think that direction makes the most sense rather than having players assemble all the parts of the map strategically like that. Like why would the Justice League get to choose where comets go?

I do agree that there need to be rules for what happens when things hit into other things with all the moving terrain. That's something I've toyed with but not clearly laid out yet.

And, yeah, double snow pieces are a good call for comets. I was using lava field singles, but double snow is probably a better idea.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library