Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 24th, 2010, 01:11 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Anti-DnDScape?

I was just wondering to myself the other day how the group of people opposed to DnDScape were doing. I haven't seen much lately and was wondering if that was because DnDScape is doing better than many of us thought it would (awesome job, designers) or because they just gave up.

But, kind of in a temperature checking manner, I thought I'd ask and see how everyone feels about the transition now.

For myself, I was very against it in the beginning, but the change has brought some very impressive and fun things to my Scape table, and now I'm glad for it.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 24th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Anti-DnDScape?

It didn't matter at all to me once I saw the previews for MS3 Before that I was unsure about how WotC would handle 'Scape.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 24th, 2010, 01:48 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've always been "meh" about D&D. I've just never been a fan of "fantasy/swords-n-sorcery" stuff. Give me robots and ray guns!

Although many of the new D&D characters fit quit well into the Heroscape premise so it's not really been a big deal for me.

But I would still like to see more of the "conventional" HS character types.And more robots!

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old August 24th, 2010, 01:50 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

When I first heard about DnD 'scape I was like, "Hmmm...".

In seeing the first DnD set I was like, "Wow!"

And now, all I really want to say to the designers is "You guys rock!".

It hasn't really been a change in my ideas per say, more an evolution of my opinion.

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old August 24th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Eh, I'm just finishing up all the Classic Scape (hopefully) and then I'm going to retire from buying Scape for now, partly because I'm getting to the point where I have to save my money for other things such as college, and partly because I have never, and will never, be interested in DnD. I'm not extremely against it, but I'm definately not for it.
Old August 24th, 2010, 01:59 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I still wish they were making Classicscape instead of DnDscape, but I need to go with the flow. I'm getting the Goblin Cutters from D2. That'll be the only single-based figures from that wave. I figure the small bases will look great with the small figures. Other than that, I'm getting some Uncommons. I can't wait for more Classicscape though.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 24th, 2010, 05:42 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I was just wondering to myself the other day how the group of people opposed to DnDScape were doing. I haven't seen much lately and was wondering if that was because DnDScape is doing better than many of us thought it would (awesome job, designers) or because they just gave up.

But, kind of in a temperature checking manner, I thought I'd ask and see how everyone feels about the transition now.

For myself, I was very against it in the beginning, but the change has brought some very impressive and fun things to my Scape table, and now I'm glad for it.
I still don't like it but got tired of repeating myself. I can whine more though, if you like.
Old August 24th, 2010, 05:43 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Tai-Pan....

Was this really necessary? I mean we had just squelched the last Pro-D&DScaper vs. Anti-D&DScaper shouting match. Do you need to just fuel it up again?
Old August 24th, 2010, 05:48 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

OMGBLT! They changed our bases! Scape is finished.
Old August 24th, 2010, 05:50 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This thread is kinda like someone having a very sore open wound... and then 6 months later, the wound has actually started to heal a bit, is starting to feel better... And then someone comes and jams their finger into the wound and asks... "Does that still hurt?"

I am liking DnDScape. Of course, I have been a D&D player for many, many years... so it is a place I am very comfortable in. Obviously, I hope classic is not thrown in a sphere of annihilation... But I am very happy with with the "detour" Scape has taken through the D&D Realms. A say detour because I really do hope it is only that.

wow... Ninja'd by two!

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.

Last edited by winonavampire; August 24th, 2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Ninja'd
Old August 24th, 2010, 06:11 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't like all the DnD. I don't like all the Classic. I LOVE HEROSCAPE!

Nothings really changed.

Except the bases.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old August 24th, 2010, 11:24 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Onacara, I was really just seeing if anyone's concerns had been put to rest at all by two waves of amazingness. I know almost everything I worried about when I first heard of the switch has been put to ease.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion