Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old August 29th, 2011, 10:53 AM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Hurricane Irene

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
I think we get quite a few hurricanes. We have our buildings up to hurricane proof regulations, however, most of the hurricanes become tropical storms or weaker when they get to here.
Well, first, they aren't hurricanes if they have decreased to a tropical storm or weaker. Almost all of those mentioned are remnants, not hurricanes.

Seriously, look at the deaths from them....

Hurricane Belle - 1976 - 1
Hurricane Gloria - 1985 - 1
Hurricane Isabel - 2003 - 1
Hurricane Frances 2004 - 1
Tropical Storm Tammy
Hurricane Irene-2011-21

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:13 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

21 people died? Dang.

We got no damage or power outages here, but very close nearby towns got some serious damage. Flooding, bridges out. I don't know if they'll open school tomorrow.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I think we get quite a few hurricanes. We have our buildings up to hurricane proof regulations, however, most of the hurricanes become tropical storms or weaker when they get to here.
Well, first, they aren't hurricanes if they have decreased to a tropical storm or weaker. Almost all of those mentioned are remnants, not hurricanes.

Seriously, look at the deaths from them....

Hurricane Belle - 1976 - 1
Hurricane Gloria - 1985 - 1
Hurricane Isabel - 2003 - 1
Hurricane Frances 2004 - 1
Tropical Storm Tammy
Hurricane Irene-2011-21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
21 people died? Dang.
Disclaimer: I am not trying to downplay the effects of Irene. It has wrought devastation on many areas of the Eastern Seaboard.

21 total for the storm. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the 1 death per storm listed by jschild does not reflect the complete toll of the storm but only those deaths in the New England area. Each of those storms killed many more than 1 person directly or indirectly.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
21 total for the storm. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the 1 death per storm listed by jschild does not reflect the complete toll of the storm but only those deaths in the New England area. Each of those storms killed many more than 1 person directly or indirectly.
Well, the same could probably be said of Irene though - I'm sure that number will rise, and I'm also sure that it's impossible to actually put a definitive number on it.
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That list was for New York specifically. I don't know the breakdown of the 21 deaths, but most were probably in Vermont and further south.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 29th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Well, the same could probably be said of Irene though - I'm sure that number will rise, and I'm also sure that it's impossible to actually put a definitive number on it.
Quote:
That list was for New York specifically. I don't know the breakdown of the 21 deaths, but most were probably in Vermont and further south.
I agree with both of your points. I just think it's important to know what the numbers represent. Comparing 1 death from each of the other storms to 21 from Irene is an apples to oranges comparison. Irene has been devastating, but to make it appear to have killed 21x the people would make it seem even worse than it is.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 29th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Irene has passed here and it's a beautiful day.
Old August 29th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Ohhhh, that makes sense then. This article says 6 in NY thus far.

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; August 29th, 2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: article got updated, now it's up to 6 :(
Old August 29th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Ohhhh, that makes sense then. This article says 5 in NY thus far.
Yeah, it was from the wiki page that was posted to say that NY deals with Hurricanes reguarly, but most of the ones listed were not hurricanes or even tropical storms when they actually hit NY, further on down it had the fatality for each storm in NY which was that list I printed.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 29th, 2011, 02:20 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
According to CNN, only one was in Vermont.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old August 29th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Quote:
According to CNN, only one was in Vermont.
That's surprising with all the flooding there.

Old August 29th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Power's still out since dawn yesterday morning. Tacos for lunch today, made by mashing up the meatballs thawing slowly in the freezer. *sigh*

Supposedly it will be up again around midnight tonight, if true, that would be a ~42 hour blackout at my house. Where we *rarely* get blackouts.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General