Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old June 6th, 2006, 05:03 PM

Runehardt has disabled reputation
Runehardt's custom terrain, scenerios and crazy ideas

This is where I will post pictures of my custom terrain tiles, Goofy scenerio concepts and Insane ideas.

Custom snow and ice tiles (way before Tundra)

My first "Fire and Ice" map. After making my custom snow tiles.
Old June 6th, 2006, 05:09 PM

Here I just transferred over something from the contest thread. So as to keep all my custom terrain in one place.

I started with sand tiles (2 seven hex and two singles)

Add some green stuff.

Sculpt the green stuff to look like stones and mortar.

Paint the stones grey with some slightly lighter and some slightly darker. Then put a black wash on it.

Paint the lines in between the stone hexes a medium green. Darken the mortar areas, Put some highlights on the stones.

Add some grass.

Paint another 7 hex.

Ruins of Doran Downs at Muirwood Court!

I'm currently working on some walls to go around this. I need more green stuff though.

Old June 6th, 2006, 05:25 PM

Magnetic Fields

This is a strange idea I came up with a while back. "Magnetic fields"
This is how we have played it.

Add one defense die when attacked by any adjacent robot or soulborg while either or both of you are standing on a magnetic field tile.
Add one die to your defense when attacked by any metallic projectile weapon from a non adjacent tile that takes a path that crosses any magnetic field tile.

The magnetic fields in affect slow down the soulborgs and make the projectiles waver off course a little.
The blue is the Magnetic field tiles and the black tiles are Tar tiles

Comments or suggestions are welcome.

Old June 8th, 2006, 01:30 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker
Beautiful! Great ideas bro.

My Recent Plays:
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikkRikk
Beautiful! Great ideas bro.
Thanks!

Here's another idea...

It's a muddy trail or possibly a hard pack trail. You can make it so it slows movement or speeds up movement like the road.
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:55 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker
I was just thinking about mud the other day. Good work bro. Are we going to be playing on any of this stuff anytime soon, say, this weekend?

My Recent Plays:
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I was just thinking about mud the other day. Good work bro. Are we going to be playing on any of this stuff anytime soon, say, this weekend?
We'll have to see what everybody wants to do. I'm planning on putting the stone floor on the high ground in the middle of a 2 vs 2 map. Maybe it'll be a glyph area...
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
All very creative ideas, and very well executed visually. The magnetic field is an idea I have never seen on the boards, so kudos to you for originality.

The splatter marks on the snow remind me of the terrain images from the Heroscape Master set rulebook. Instead of a solid brown plasitc, the images show the terrain to be speckled, giving it a better terrain texture. Unfortunately, the actual sets come with solid plastic without the cool speckles... but such details are minor.

Again, nice work with these.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runehardt
Quote:
We'll have to see what everybody wants to do. I'm planning on putting the stone floor on the high ground in the middle of a 2 vs 2 map. Maybe it'll be a glyph area...
Man, I wish I could be there...your stuff looks great. If you are going to make next month's tourney (wherever that may be...no one has taken it yet...hint, hint ) you gotta build at least one of the maps.
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
The splatter marks on the snow remind me of the terrain images from the Heroscape Master set rulebook. Instead of a solid brown plasitc, the images show the terrain to be speckled, giving it a better terrain texture.
Thanks! The magnetic fields are play tested and we haven't found any problems with them yet.
I put some black specks on the sides of some of my tiles. I'll have to get an image up for people to see. You just stack the tiles and flip them over then use the spray paint "splatter technique". In case people don't know what that is, it's when you only push the nozzle down a little and the spray paint spits. I turned it upside down so it didn't spray on the top of the one tile that would have been exposed in the stack.
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:30 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
They say imitating is a form of flattery. So feel flattered I am going to borrow your magnetic custom there if you do not mind. I am going to do a master set into swamp first and then I will tackle these puppies next. Thanks for the ideas and I will give you credit when I post.
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Runehardt's custom terrain, scenerios and crazy ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runehardt

Custom snow and ice tiles (way before Tundra)
Great stuff! I have a few questions for you. From your photo it looks like you painted the sides of the hex tiles to make them grey/white. How does this effect the tiles ability to fit with other tiles? Does the paint start to scrape off after awhile? And what kind of paint did you use and how thick is it on the tile?

Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles