Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old August 31st, 2006, 06:19 PM

Barfodor has disabled reputation
I have a DS, i have Metroid Prime Hunters, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, and Tetris. If you wanna play any of those games with me, pm me your code and time and i might be able to play.
Old August 31st, 2006, 07:19 PM

Avenger has disabled reputation
is metroid worth buying? ill post my codes once i get home.
Old August 31st, 2006, 08:19 PM

Barfodor has disabled reputation
Metroid is an awsome game! Its a bit hard to get started, but once you get the controls down and mess with the controls options abit, you can get really good! Id recommend playing dual-handed instead of with the stylus. Yes, the stylus is great for pin-pointing at the enemy, but in close range situations where you need to act really fast, you get all mxed up and things get confusing and basically you die. So play dual handed.
Old August 31st, 2006, 11:20 PM

All right! If I ever need another game, I'll buy metroid.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 04:25 AM

777Omega has disabled reputation
I got a DS and the following games

1 Tetris DS
2 Super Mario 64 DS
3 The New Super Mario Bros.
4 Animal Crossing: Wild World
5 Metriod Prime: Hunters
6 Ninja Turles 3
7 Brain Age

My Wife Says, 'Hi'.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 12:19 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
I got my DS a couple months ago, and I have absolutely fallen in love with it. Using the touch screen really rocked my world more then I ever thought it could. I have:

*New Super Mario Brothers - Gaming Nirvana right here.
*Metroid Prime Hunters - I'm amazed things can look this good on this system. Heckuva single-player game. Heckuva multi-player.
*Advanced Wars DS - Fantastic strategy with crazy replay value.
*Age of Empires: Age of Kings - Another fun strategy game. A nice change of style compared to Advanced Wars.
*Star Fox Command - Awesome action game. The use of the touch pad on this one really gets you deep into the game.

I got Nintendogs for my wife, but neither of us was really into it. It's more for kids, but I was blown away by the creativity of the game.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 02:00 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I've got a DS but i haven't played it in a while! I've got mario kart - i love, tetris - but i don't like this version...Can't remember what else! Anyways, there are some games that i wouldnt mind buying for it like metroid prime hunters but i'm definitely going to get a Wii and there seem to be loads of games on that which i'd prefer to get!
Super Mario Brothers Brawl!!! WooHoo!!!
Old September 3rd, 2006, 07:05 AM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart
I own a DS but usually play sp games.
recently I've gone crazy for Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan.

if you have the chance, get it. it's mad fun!
Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:49 PM

that game looks fun, but it's not out in America yet...
Old September 3rd, 2006, 01:52 PM

not even in Europe, but it's fully enjoyable in Japanese...
Old September 3rd, 2006, 04:23 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I have a few questions about the DS, and it's been hard to find official answers....if you can help me out, please do so, and back up your replies with links if you have them.

I'm thinking of buying a DS lite (the black one that comes out this fall) but need to know some things....

1. From what I've gathered, the DS lite plays Game Boy Advance games and Nintendo DS games. Does it also play regular Game Boy games (ie, the classic ones dating from the Gameboy's original green-screen days) and Game Boy Color games?

2. Does the e-Reader attachment work with a DS lite?

3. Some games feature a connectivity feature between a Game Boy Advance and the Gamecube....is that feature still available with a DS lite?

4. Can a DS lite link to a Game Boy Advance for link play? What about a Game Boy Player (the Gamecube attachment that plays Gameboy games)?

5. Does the screen scratch easily from all the stylus action?

6. How long does the battery last, and is it quick to recharge?

7. Do a lot of games feature the option to use traditional controls instead of stylus? I speak mainly of classic platformers, racing games, first person, etc. I understand some games are specifically created for the stylus and wouldn't make sense otherwise. Ditto for the microphone....I play a lot of games in places where I can't be shouting things into a mic...is there an option to ignore that feature when I want to?

8. Does the DS lite come with headphones? If not, does it have a regular headphone jack?

9. The DS lite is the second version of the DS....is a third on the way?

10. Will the DS feature connectivity with the Nintendo Wii? If so, will this extend to the confrimed backwards compatible Gamecube games connecting with Gameboy Advance games?

11. Will the Nintendo Wii feature a Gameboy Player type attachment, like the Gamecube did?

Thanks for your time....as you can tell, issues of backwards compatibility are VERY important to me, and it's not something Nintendo or other game companies are always entirely forthright about. Heck, Microsoft flat out said it wasn't important to their customers.....sigh.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 04:48 PM

1. No, NDS don't plays orginal b/w GB games or GBColor games. only GBA and DS games.

2. No. you must have a first model GBA to use the eReader. (it won't fit nether the GBA SP or the GB Micro).

3. No. Compatibility with GC is unsupported on DS (both models).

4. No. You cannot play multyplayer games with GBA carts using a DS (nether DS-GBA or DS-DS).

5. No, if you use it gently. anyway there are protectors, to save it from scratches. I suggest the ones by Hori.

6. About 10-12 hours. The battery recharge fairy quick, and keep charge for long times if unused (instead of discharging simply by sitting on shelf like PSP battery).

7. This varies strongly from game to game. some games have many options, other force you to use the touchscreen in very uncomfortable (and useless) ways (Nanostray, anyone?).

8. No. Yes.

9. Who knows...

10. Probably. Time will tell...

11. see point nine ^^

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games