Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 24th, 2020, 04:12 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker
Funkoverse!

Funkoverse is a strategy games published by Funko Games and designed by Prospero Hall. If you are familiar with the POP Funko vinyl figures it is a board game with smaller Funko vinyls as the game pieces.

Each player starts with 3 figures and can equip them with items (such as a batterang or Rick's portal gun) or companions. The goal is to be the first to reach 10 points and you can gain points in myriad ways. When you knock out opposing figures, grabbing point tokens or other objectives based on what mode you are playing.

The game has been out over a year now and is getting quite the collection of figures. There are 6 Harry Potter
8 DC Comics
4 Golden Girls
2 Rick and Morty
Kool-Aid man and Aggretsuko
2 Back to the Future
6 Jurassic Park
2 Jaws
4 Game of Thrones
4 Nightmare Before Christmas (I think that's everything)
It is a lot of fun mixing and matching. For instance, you could have an all villain team of Voldemort, Joker, and Oogey Boogey. It is an easy to learn (I'd even say gateway game) with a decently high skill cap and you also get some great vinyl figures out of the deal!
Has anyone else played it? What are your thoughts and who else would you like to see added? Personally, I would love some Bleach or Naruto characters.
Old September 25th, 2020, 10:48 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Funkoverse!

I actually own everything from the initial wave right up to Aggresuko. I think I picked up each set for about 50% of MSRP as they went on sale (paid full price for Kool Aid Man).

I've only played a few times but the Helm boys thought it was enjoyable. I don't think I would invest much more in it but if I see sets on sale for cheap I'll add a few more options.

For skirmishes, we much prefer Unmatched (the reimagining of Epic Duels) even though it utilizes cards instead of dice. Heroscape has our dice niche filled anyway so cards for Unmatched is a nice variation. It's smaller and quicker to set up than Funkoverse and we found that it moves at a steadier pace. Funkoverse is fun but seems like more of a commitment to play.
Old September 26th, 2020, 04:25 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker
Re: Funkoverse!

I've heard a lot of good thing about Unmatched, especially when I was looking into getting Funkoverse as they seem to be fairly similar. I really like the look of it but between the games I'm backing, getting more Funkoverse and Jaws of the Lion this weekend I don't think I'm allowed to buy any more games right now. One draw for us too is we really like the POP figures so it's an extra incentive for us to invest into the game. There is also something about Voldemort holding a portal gun that makes me very happy.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games