Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old May 16th, 2020, 01:15 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands

The Book of Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands

Wave CV9 ("Wave 22") – Scourge of Apollyon
DEFENDERS OF ATAL TEMPLE

PDF Download

• The first 2 figures used for this unit are Star Wars Miniatures figures from Revenge of the Sith set. Their names are Utapaun Soldier - 52 and Utapaun Soldier - 53.
  • The third figure used for this unit is a Star Wars Miniatures figure from the Clone Wars set. The name of the figure used is Utapaun - 40.

Character Bio: The savage world of Arctorus.

A world of brutal, tooth and claw jungles, massive blighted tundras, and (among other biomes) one enormous, continent-spanning desert. This desert has been known by many names over the ages - Tyrran, Sector Six, The Great Silence - but to most cultures, the desert is known as the Blasted Lands.

The Tyrran are the only surviving culture in the Blasted Lands. The unforgiving nature of the wasteland has forged in them a regimented, disciplined culture out of necessity. The people do not survive if they look out for themselves, individually, first. Selfishness and greed are dangerous and forbidden concepts to the Tyrran.

Harvesting the power of electricity in massive, underground dynamos, the Tyrran use the Honor Guard to protect ritual caravans that transfer crude chemical batteries, food, and important members of their society from settlement to settlement. If any settlement misses even a single caravan, their survival is in jeopardy. Each and every Honor Guard knows he safeguards the lives of his fellow Tyrran with his service, and each is willing to give up his own life in exchange for theirs.

And now, the ground rumbles. The Guards know what this means. They spread out, at first, each one watching the ground....until the sands part, and a maw opens underneath one. He dies, shredded by the gnashing teeth of the worm, in silence. Knowing that his comrades will react quickly, closing in on the beast, arc lances sparking one to the other, forming a chain that makes quick work of the beast. The power of the Tyrran Honor Guard working as one unit.

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Arc Lances
All Honor Guards you control adjacent to at least one other Honor Guard you control receive 1 automatic skull when attacking.

Protective Repositioning
At the end of each round, you may move up to 6 Honor Guard figures you control up to 2 spaces each. Honor Guards must be able to move adjacent to a friendly figure to use Protective Repositioning.

-Q: How does Protective Repositioning interact with other effects that happen at the end of a round like lava field damage and glyphs like Wannok?
A: It is a 20-sided die roll-off between the effects to see which happens first.
If lava field damage is first, Honor Guards could safely move onto lava fields using Protective Repositioning, but any currently standing on lava fields would have to roll for lava field damage. If Protective Repositioning is first, Honor Guards could move off of lava fields to avoid taking damage, but any that move onto lava fields would then have to roll for lava field damage. Similarly, if Protective Repositioning is before Wannok, an Honor Guard could move onto Wannok and then roll for Wannok damage. Note that this requires a roll-off between Protective Repositioning and Wannok, even if no figure is currently standing on the glyph.

Q: What if both players have Honor Guards?
A: Each player rolls a d20 for their end-of-round powers.
Note that this means that one player might reposition before lava damage while another repositions after lava damage.

Synergy Benefits Received
  • WARDEN 816 : Guard Leadership
    As Guards, the Honor Guard may benefit from Warden 816’s GUARD LEADERSHIP ENHANCEMENT movement bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • SACRED BAND : Disciplined Army Defense Bonus
    Having a Disciplined personality, Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands may aid the Sacred Band with their DISCIPLINED ARMY DEFENSE BONUS.
Synergy Imposed

Power Ranking and Master Index
- TBD

Unit Strategy Review
- TBD

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Last edited by Muskie; June 16th, 2021 at 09:19 AM. Reason: added a new bio
Old May 16th, 2020, 01:17 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Book of Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands

This is my first book of and I am sure I missed a bunch! Please let me know what I need to change, add or delete!!

Old May 17th, 2020, 06:08 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
This is my first book of and I am sure I missed a bunch! Please let me know what I need to change, add or delete!!
They help the Sacred Band with their Disciplined Army Defense Bonus.
Old May 17th, 2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
They help the Sacred Band with their Disciplined Army Defense Bonus.

thanks!! Added!

Old May 18th, 2020, 02:29 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

This is one of my favorite C3V designs. Definitely the one I am most excited to play next.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 20th, 2020, 09:40 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The C3V Rules Team would like to add the following R&C:
Quote:
Q: How does Protective Repositioning interact with other effects that happen at the end of a round like lava field damage and glyphs like Wannok?
A: It is a 20-sided die roll-off between the effects to see which happens first. If lava field damage is first, Honor Guards could safely move onto lava fields using Protective Repositioning, but any currently standing on lava fields would have to roll for lava field damage. If Protective Repositioning is first, Honor Guards could move off of lava fields to avoid taking damage, but any that move onto lava fields would then have to roll for lava field damage. Similarly, if Protective Repositioning is before Wannok, an Honor Guard could move onto Wannok and then roll for Wannok damage. Note that this requires a roll-off between Protective Repositioning and Wannok, even if no figure is currently standing on the glyph.
Old May 20th, 2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
The C3V Rules Team would like to add the following R&C:
Quote:
Q: How does Protective Repositioning interact with other effects that happen at the end of a round like lava field damage and glyphs like Wannok?
A: It is a 20-sided die roll-off between the effects to see which happens first. If lava field damage is first, Honor Guards could safely move onto lava fields using Protective Repositioning, but any currently standing on lava fields would have to roll for lava field damage. If Protective Repositioning is first, Honor Guards could move off of lava fields to avoid taking damage, but any that move onto lava fields would then have to roll for lava field damage. Similarly, if Protective Repositioning is before Wannok, an Honor Guard could move onto Wannok and then roll for Wannok damage. Note that this requires a roll-off between Protective Repositioning and Wannok, even if no figure is currently standing on the glyph.
Done!

Old May 20th, 2020, 05:56 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

We have an additional R&C to add:
Quote:
Q: What if both players have Honor Guards?
A: Each player rolls a d20 for their end-of-round powers.
Note that this means that one player might reposition before lava damage while another repositions after lava damage.
Old September 17th, 2020, 03:51 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands

OP or a mod, can we update with the official bio?

Quote:
The savage world of Arctorus.

A world of brutal, tooth and claw jungles, massive blighted tundras, and (among other biomes) one enormous, continent-spanning desert. This desert has been known by many names over the ages - Tyrran, Sector Six, The Great Silence - but to most cultures, the desert is known as the Blasted Lands.

The Tyrran are the only surviving culture in the Blasted Lands. The unforgiving nature of the wasteland has forged in them a regimented, disciplined culture out of necessity. The people do not survive if they look out for themselves, individually, first. Selfishness and greed are dangerous and forbidden concepts to the Tyrran.

Harvesting the power of electricity in massive, underground dynamos, the Tyrran use the Honor Guard to protect ritual caravans that transfer crude chemical batteries, food, and important members of their society from settlement to settlement. If any settlement misses even a single caravan, their survival is in jeopardy. Each and every Honor Guard knows he safeguards the lives of his fellow Tyrran with his service, and each is willing to give up his own life in exchange for theirs.

And now, the ground rumbles. The Guards know what this means. They spread out, at first, each one watching the ground....until the sands part, and a maw opens underneath one. He dies, shredded by the gnashing teeth of the worm, in silence. Knowing that his comrades will react quickly, closing in on the beast, arc lances sparking one to the other, forming a chain that makes quick work of the beast. The power of the Tyrran Honor Guard working as one unit.
Old April 25th, 2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
OP or a mod, can we update with the official bio?

Quote:
The savage world of Arctorus.

Done.

Old April 26th, 2021, 05:09 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Copying over discussion from The Book of Warden 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
Just suggesting an add of the Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands to C3V synergy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Second that, Warden is in all my Honor Guard builds. +1 move is too good, especially when he can clean house after everything is over.

EDIT: Tomb Skeleton Archers also belong on here, they are guards and not archers
Quote:
Yes! Totally agree. He's almost a must have when running Honor Guard I think. Really good for clean-up too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Updated using my MOD powers. I still need to do a clean sweep update of all the books.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Waves View Post
I haven't played the Honour Guard before so admittedly I'm just theoryscaping here, but is the Warden really that essential a figure for an Honour Guard army? +1 move is nice but the jump from 5-6 move isn't nearly as big of a deal as the jump from 4-5 move, and 90 points is a lot to sink into a figure that only provides a modest benefit to your forces. I agree that the Warden is 100% worth running with 4-move units like the Crypt Guardians, Tomb Skeletons/Tomb Skeleton Archers and Granite Guardians (technically not base 4 move but whatever), but to me it doesn't seem like he's nearly as useful when used with the Honour Guard? Again, I've never actually played the Honour Guard though so I'm happy for someone to correct me on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
It really depends on the map.

There's a fair amount of tournament maps where 5 move can function similarly to 4 move if the height jumps are in the wrong places (i.e. where you can't take the 5th movement because it would require 6 to advance the next space). There's also maps where 5 move instead of 6 doesn't cost you a space forward. Don't have good examples off the top of my head unfortunately though.

So I'd say the level of essential-ness is dependent on the map pool for the given tournament. If close to half of the maps fall into the former category (i.e. bad for 5 move mele figures) then it's often worth it for the Warden, and not if most of the maps fall into the 2nd category.

Also I should note that point total & figure limits obviously have an effect on the Warden's utility in that army as well, but mainly just discussing the map impact here.
Quote:
Agree with everything Chris Perkins said. I would also add that I think Honor Guard are a strong squad, but only if you are consistently using Arc Lances. That probably goes without saying, but that's where I think the +1 move is so critical. If you happen to lose a couple of Honor Guard on the front line, that +1 move can make a huge differene in getting reinforcements up to replace them in time to activate Arc Lances.
Old June 16th, 2021, 01:51 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

There are a couple of differences between the transcript and card:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
Arc Lances
All Honor Guards you control adjacent to at least one other Honor Guard you control receive 1 automatic skull when attacking.

Protective Repositioning
At the end of each round, you may move up to 6 Honor gGuard figures you control up to 2 spaces each. Honor Guards must be able to move adjacent to a friendly figure to use Protective Repositioning.
Switching gears, I love these figures and this unit, but the wordings seem to break a couple of Heroscape rules about figure/unit naming.

First, the card can't seem to decide whether "an honor guard" is an individual or the whole squad.
  • If it's each individual figure (as the special abilities suggest), then the card title should be HONOR GUARDS OF THE BLASTED LANDS.

• On the other hand, if it's the entire squad (as the unit title suggests), then the special abilities should either follow The Einar Imperium precedent and refer to each figure as "a member of the Honor Guard," or follow the Mohican River Tribe precedent and refer to each figure as "an Honor Guardsman."
Second, special abilities should abbreviate a unit name only after first referring to the unit's full and proper name earlier in the sentence or paragraph. Since both of these special abilities always reference simply "Honor Guard" without ever including "of the Blasted Lands," then as written these abilities refer to all existing and future Honor Guard figures. This seems to prevent future designers from ever creating an Imperial Honor Guard, Orc Honor Guard, etc. without having these special abilities automatically (and probably unintentionally) synergize with those new Honor Guards. This of course would be very unthematic unless all future Honor Guards have Arc Lances, for example.

An easy remedy is simply using the full unit name wherever such an ambiguity would arise (the final abbreviated reference seems fine as long as it is preceded by a full reference):

ARC LANCES
All Honor Guards of the Blasted Lands you control adjacent to at least one other Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands you control receive 1 automatic skull when attacking.

PROTECTIVE REPOSITIONING
At the end of each round, you may move up to 6 Honor Guards of the Blasted Lands figures you control up to 2 spaces each. Honor Guards must be able to move adjacent to a friendly figure to use Protective Repositioning.

Note that addressing this issue tends to suggest that, for simplicity and ease of reference, an "honor guard" is the individual figure rather than the squad, and thus the squad name should use the plural form of GUARDS.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs