Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 26th, 2019, 02:26 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Reasonable. 2A/7R at 45 points maybe.
Old September 28th, 2019, 11:24 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Okay, so I've got a few power names changes for the Dwarven faction I'm working on, but I want some feedback before I go and add these onto to cards, and resubmit.

Spoiler Alert!

See spoiler for original cards.

Tenacity changed to:
Seasoned Warriors
Seasoned Veterans

Strategic Charge changed to:
Adrenaline Rush
Adrenaline Burst

Imposing Threat changed to:
Protector of Ironstone
Sentinel of Ironstone

And should Dalmar's Class be changed to Sentinel, or Protector to reflect this name change? Also Imposing Threat will no longer mention the size of the figure being attacked, but will instead affect the figure that is attacking, as long as they are Small Medium and Large figures, because while a dwarf could probably inhibit a Zombie Hulk a little bit, he is not going to be able to suppress Jotun no matter how hard he tries.

@capsocrates
@superfrog
@Soundwarp SG-1
@wriggz
@BiggaBullfrog
@All Your Pie
@Astroking112
Old September 29th, 2019, 03:00 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I like Seasoned Warriors, Adrenaline Burst, and Protector of Ironstone. I like changing the class name to Protector.

I would still remove Adrenaline burst from the hero and just give him 5 move.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 29th, 2019, 04:10 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I’m fairly happy with any of those, except perhaps that Seasoned Warriors/Veterans feels like it could describe almost any squad in the game. I liked the initial similarity you drew between Fearless Advantage, Indomitable, and Tenacity among dwarf squads, and it would be cool to still have that in some way. Tenacity itself was never the name that bothered me specifically, though, so other judges may see it differently.
Old September 29th, 2019, 04:48 AM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I like Seasoned Warriors, Adrenaline Burst, and Protector of Ironstone. I like changing the class name to Protector.

I would still remove Adrenaline burst from the hero and just give him 5 move.
Oh right, I meant to say that I was going to make that change as well. 5 move for Dalmar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I’m fairly happy with any of those, except perhaps that Seasoned Warriors/Veterans feels like it could describe almost any squad in the game. I liked the initial similarity you drew between Fearless Advantage, Indomitable, and Tenacity among dwarf squads, and it would be cool to still have that in some way. Tenacity itself was never the name that bothered me specifically, though, so other judges may see it differently.
That's fair. Although I think that a unique squad is likely to be more seasoned than a common. I would like to have a power name that is similar to "Fearless" and "Indomitable", but nothing came to me that also described the mechanic of the power without basically just being a synonym of Tenacity. Seasoned Warriors is also generic enough that it could be reused in future designs, so I think that's neat.
Old September 29th, 2019, 08:07 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I’m fairly happy with any of those, except perhaps that Seasoned Warriors/Veterans feels like it could describe almost any squad in the game.
I have a feeling the Blade Gruts, Arrow Gruts and Ashigaru would disagree with you sir.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 29th, 2019, 09:43 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Seasoned Veterans sounds redundant to me. I much prefer Seasoned Warrior, although like AYP I don't really feel like it fits the Fearless Advantage/Indomitable mold. My impression earlier was that the name Adrenaline would be used for this power, which I personally like, but that's not something that personally bothers me enough for a down vote.

I have a slight preference for Adrenaline Rush over Adrenaline Burst. It flows a little better in my opinion, though both are pretty much equal.

I think that Protector for the class and Protector of Ironstone work better for justifying the "Imposing Threat" power. Sentinel could be an interesting choice, but it's not as immediately thematic as Protector is for quite literally protecting his allies.
Old September 29th, 2019, 04:15 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Seasoned Veterans sounds redundant to me. I much prefer Seasoned Warrior, although like AYP I don't really feel like it fits the Fearless Advantage/Indomitable mold.
Technically redundant, to a degree at least, but also a regualarly used and accepted phrase. I actually prefer it to Seasoned Warrior.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 29th, 2019, 04:30 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Seasoned Veterans sounds redundant to me. I much prefer Seasoned Warrior, although like AYP I don't really feel like it fits the Fearless Advantage/Indomitable mold.
Technically redundant, to a degree at least, but also a regualarly used and accepted phrase. I actually prefer it to Seasoned Warrior.
That's fair enough. I don't use the term very frequently myself, so it feels stranger. Either way, it's not something that I would vote down over.
Old September 29th, 2019, 10:59 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
I agree with LO here. "Seasoned Veteran" is a well-established term. "Seasoned Warrior" doesn't add anything. "Veteran" tells you that the seasoning came from battle; "warrior" is somewhat more generic. Fighting in an arena? Training exercises? "Veteran" says to me, this guy has fought in battles against foes.

I prefer it here. My .

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 30th, 2019, 12:25 AM

Alright.
Great Axes of Ironstone:
Tenacity changed to: Seasoned Veterans

Strategic Charge changed to: Adrenaline Burst

Dalmar Stonewall:
Imposing Threat changed to: Protector of Ironstone
• Dalmar's class changed to Protector to reflect the change.
• Imposing Threat (now Ironstone Protector) no longer mentions the size of the figure being attacked, but instead restricts the size of the figure that it can lower the attack of to Small, Medium and Large.
• Charge ability dropped from Dalmar, and the base move raised to 5.

Are there any other issues that anyone has with the design before I submit?
Old September 30th, 2019, 10:49 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I like the changes all around. Protector is fine, though you could consider Leader too, given the Migol precedent.

How tied are you to Steadfast? Seems like the existing Resolute would work fine.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards