Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Old March 7th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: BoSS - Brainstorming Thread

I like the idea behind the the Glyph of Ysalamir, but we'll have to be careful with the wording. "Force abilities and powers" are not defined.

Some options:
- Negating powers that have the word "force" in their name.

- Negating all powers on the army cards of figures with at least 1 force symbol on their army card
Old March 7th, 2015, 06:21 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
I like the idea behind the the Glyph of Ysalamir, but we'll have to be careful with the wording. "Force abilities and powers" are not defined.

Some options:

- Negating all powers on the army cards of figures with at least 1 force symbol on their army card
I had run into that problem too which is why my wording is kind of vague. At first I thought anything with the word Force in it would work but that leaves out powers like Intuition, Jedi Mind Trick, Lightsabe Throw, etc.
Any ideas on how to include those or work around the problem?

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs
Old March 7th, 2015, 07:04 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolster25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post

Some options:

I had run into that problem too which is why my wording is kind of vague. At first I thought anything with the word Force in it would work but that leaves out powers like Intuition, Jedi Mind Trick, Lightsabe Throw, etc.
Any ideas on how to include those or work around the problem?
When I came up with it, I was mainly thinking about figures not getting thrown or pushed. But, as far as the other abilities. Jedi mind trick/saber throw etc, I think those would not be done as well in the very small range of the glyph. As the creature negates force abilities in its range. This allows there to be a very small force free zone. The figures with the force would not want to carry the creature, or be near the creature, allowing the non force wielding figures to have a go at it. Also, where this treasure glyph is initially placed would be key. People would have to fight for it. The people using it would still have to strategize to keep their figures together to not get pushed/thrown/mind tricked/etc. The force using figures may have to rely a little on their crazier base stat attacks, or draft some figures that can give them support. I really like this glyph idea. I don't really want to support a permanent glyph that negates all force on a map at once. That would be like Harry Potter, but no magic. Thematically I like it, Playability wise I like it. You could use it as far as force in their name abilities for a sense of clarification. (as it would be most useful to not get your heroes thrown or pushed in lava or a void space). Thematically, characters within range should not be effected by force abilities. Here is what I ultimately think it should be, very similar to @White Knight your second suggestion. Figures with the force sensitive symbol,force leap,or force push symbols on their card will have their abilities negated in the small area temporarily, but not affecting their special attacks. @Tai-Pan , I had thought up a scenario for the freezing chamber, I will post the map I created soon. Each team fights for control over the freezing chamber. In the middle of the chamber, there is a space or glyph. At the end of each round, the player on the glyph receives a small bonus.(I'm thinking maybe an initiative bonus for the next round.) By the end of round 6 or whatever round you guys think would be good, whoever is on the glyph is the winner. Here is the catch, off to the side of the middle of the map their will be a little control console glyph space that allows that figure to activate the freezing mechanism by activating a turn for the figure that is on the glyph.(much like the HOSS destructible object rules.) This will create a reason for wanting to take control of the Freezing chamber, but also take control of the console that it operates on. The other winning conditions might just be, wiping out all your opponents figures. I will spell all of this out when I post my map. I have thought about this alot today at work.(A very slow day). At the end of the day, we gotta let these force users throw people into voids of oblivion, it just feels right.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; March 7th, 2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old March 7th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

We have a Thrawn design in the hopper (from about 2 and a half years ago). Here is the power we came up with.
Quote:
YSALAMIR PET
All figures within 3 spaces of Thrawn with at least one Force Symbol on their card subtract one die from their attack and defense and cannot use any special powers on their Army Card.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 7th, 2015, 07:18 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
We have a Thrawn design in the hopper (from about 2 and a half years ago). Here is the power we came up with.
Quote:
YSALAMIR PET
All figures within 3 spaces of Thrawn with at least one Force Symbol on their card subtract one die from their attack and defense and cannot use any special powers on their Army Card.
Not sure if you guys were willing to change that at all, but, If you made the little guy into a treasure glyph, thrawn could start the game with it. Or, It could be a separate thing altogether. I was wanting it to only have a range of the figure holding the creature and any spaces adjacent. That would make people have to run their little soldier pack into a battle together. I love the idea, all you guys gotta help me shape it to perfection.
EDIT: now that I look at it again, three spaces from the user of the glyph sounds pretty reasonable. I think we should take that ability you guys have for thrawn and make up my Glyph of Ysalamir. I think that would somewhat level the playing field on maps that have voids, and add a little more strategy. I'm really digging this. You could also leave that pet ability on thrawn, so you wouldn't have to release him with a glyph.

Old March 8th, 2015, 05:55 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the global appearance of the freezing chamber map, but IMO, the dungeon parts (i.e. start zone + the climb to the chamber) are quite off topic and strikes the realism of the center of the map. Thus when I see the map, I think "wow it could be the freezing chamber, but it can't be it, because there's these dungeon parts on the sides descending to the level-1 of the map...".

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old March 8th, 2015, 12:30 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
I like the global appearance of the freezing chamber map, but IMO, the dungeon parts (i.e. start zone + the climb to the chamber) are quite off topic and strikes the realism of the center of the map. Thus when I see the map, I think "wow it could be the freezing chamber, but it can't be it, because there's these dungeon parts on the sides descending to the level-1 of the map...".
Well, it beats grass, there aren't enough tiles to do it with road, the height difference with the walls in the middle looks awesome, and I just don't know how a guy would do it otherwise.

But feel free to better the design!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 8th, 2015, 02:11 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX

But, as far as the other abilities. Jedi mind trick/saber throw etc, I think those would not be done as well in the very small range of the glyph.
Yeah. That's what I was trying to say. I don't think other force reliant powers abilities should work either. But I don't know how to do that other than making a list of powers without force in their name that can't be used (Mind Trick, Intuition etc.)

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs
Old March 8th, 2015, 03:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
HOTH GENERATOR RUINS 2.0

Here is the map slightly modified to use a set amount of sets.
Sets used for this map.
1-Fortress of the Archkyrie
1-Thalek Tundra
1-Dungeon Master Set
1-Rise of the Valkarie Set
Here is the download, there are only minor tweaks to the snowy edges of the map, where I put more ice in where snow was. the rest has the same effect.
Destroyed Hoth Generator 2.0 Download
Looking at this now. I would really try to eliminate the RotV set form the requirements list, you are only using the two 24 hex rock tiles and the grass 1 & 2 hex tiles while leaving ~85% of the largest set unused. When possible we need to make maps that require the fewest number of sets we can to make the more accessible by a wider range of players. If you can't make it work without the RotV, then you will need to switch out a bunch of the grass two hex pieces for grass 1 hex pieces. Their are enough to do it so no change in the map is needed, but a change in which tiles are used as you currently have five too many 2 hex grass pieces.

I'd really like to see some shadow tiles on the map too since you have them at your disposal already from the dungeon set. Their are units like the Probe Droid that are more useful when shadow tiles are available. With the two start zones already pretty close together, I'm not sure how much road tiles running through the middle are needed either. I'll play around with the file and see what I can come up with.
Old March 8th, 2015, 04:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I tinkered with the VS file and this is what I have come up with. The RotV set has been eliminated, I added in a few more pillars, some shadow, mirrored the two ice rock formations, and was forced to drop the middle high ground so now the only high ground is on either side of the map by the ice rocks. With the shadow tiles on level 0 though, their is still some relative high ground in the middle area too. It still looks about the same though as I really didn't move much around. I did trim one row of ice off each edge though.

Old March 8th, 2015, 04:22 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

That looks pretty good, YK. I think TREX should make a map thread and move this discussion over to there.
Old March 8th, 2015, 05:20 PM
"like" happy

the Changes look good @Yodaking , do you want me to make a thread title for this map? Now its cut down to one FOTA, one underdark , and one Thaelek Tundra right? The general layout is the same and the shadow tile does nothing but improve on the design.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape