Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old June 7th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Alpha Flight Workshop

Good points TB.

Does he have a range attack in the comics?

Perhaps drop his Range to 1 or maybe 3ish or lower attack to 3.

I think the focus should be support and not offense.

EDIT: Drat Bats. You are right. I was thinking anti-PM when I should have been thinking PM pod. Nasty little puppeteer. That may motivate me to submit some playtests for PM.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:19 AM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Entanglng vines in combination with White Out is pretty rough. The heal is important thematically. He does have solid energy projections in the comics. His attack could be dropped though.

There are stronger PM pods than Shaman will provide in C3G currently imo.

I dont think new powers should all be PM proof. It would be more valuable for me to adjust PM accordingly so more versatile powers are not inhibited by a potentially powerful combo with PM.
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I would limit his healing more, drop entangling vines and/or drop the 'rest of the round' bit on White Out to balance him out some.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:30 AM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

I have a d20 roll for his healing in my personal Shaman. Something like 1-7 nothing happens, 8-18 heals 1 wound, 19 or higher heals 2 wounds.

I like entangling vines.

I like your idea to drop the rest of the round bit TB.
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebaer View Post
I dont think new powers should all be PM proof. It would be more valuable for me to adjust PM accordingly so more versatile powers are not inhibited by a potentially powerful combo with PM.
I'd love to see PM adjusted, personally, but we need folks to be willing to do the heavy lifting to make it happen.

In the meantime he is relevant to any new designs we work on.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 7th, 2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
I'd love to see PM adjusted, personally, but we need folks to be willing to do the heavy lifting to make it happen.

No problem Bats, I am glad to see you are interested in seeing PM adjusted. I will continue to look for time for more PM play-tests. Currently I think my playtest I posted has been the only one so far.
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Ravenous Raptor

darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby!

Good suggestions as always, anyone have an opinion on if I keep the healing the way it is, keep entangling vines, and just take White Out and get rid of the part about the rest of the round and change it from a X Order Marker reveal to a 20-sided die roll of say 14 or higher.
Old June 7th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:

No problem Bats, I am glad to see you are interested in seeing PM adjusted. I will continue to look for time for more PM play-tests. Currently I think my playtest I posted has been the only one so far.
As a general aside to folks interested in seeing change on these things we need you to fill out actual official playtest forms as well, because it makes the results much easier to compile and analyze. Please and thank you.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 16th, 2015, 06:33 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Perhaps "Operative" could be used for these figures, but there's some class-changing powers?

Maybe Guardian has a fairly generic leader power like this (slightly modified version of weebaer's version):
LEAD OPERATIVE
After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Operative Hero you control and after taking a turn with that Operative, if there is at least one revealed Order Marker on this card, you may take a turn with one other Unique Operative Hero you control within clear sight of Guardian.
And then Vindicator could have the power:
MUTANT OPERATIVE RECRUITMENT
At the start of the game, you may choose two Unique Mutant Hero Army Cards in your army. For this game the class of the chosen cards class is Operative instead of what is listed on the card.
This allows Vindicator to recruit the twins in, or you could use it for Wolverine (also thematic), or whoever you like I guess.

No reason that Vindicator, Shaman, Sasquach, and Snowbird (and Box) can't all be Operatives. If that feels too weird for Shaman/Snowbird, then let Guardian bond with Operatives and Mystics, and let Snowbird and Shaman be Mystics.

(I think giving Guardian or Vindicator an Adventurer bonding power is a nonstarter, because it immediately becomes Fantastic Four redux. Invisible Woman becomes an auto-add, Silver Surfer is available, blah blah.)

Last edited by dok; July 16th, 2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old July 16th, 2015, 07:43 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Perhaps "Operative" could be used for these figures, but there's some class-changing powers?

Maybe Guardian has a fairly generic leader power like this (slightly modified version of weebaer's version):
LEAD OPERATIVE
After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Operative Hero you control and after taking a turn with that Operative, if there is at least one revealed Order Marker on this card, you may take a turn with one other Unique Operative Hero you control within clear sight of Guardian.
And then Vindicator could have the power:
MUTANT OPERATIVE RECRUITMENT
At the start of the game, you may choose two Unique Mutant Hero Army Cards in your army. For this game the class of the chosen cards class is Outcast Operative instead of what is listed on the card.
This allows Vindicator to recruit the twins in, or you could use it for Wolverine (also thematic), or whoever you like I guess.

No reason that Vindicator, Shaman, Sasquach, and Snowbird (and Box) can't all be Operatives. If that feels too weird for Shaman/Snowbird, then let Guardian bond with Operatives and Mystics, and let Snowbird and Shaman be Mystics.

(I think giving Guardian or Vindicator an Adventurer bonding power is a nonstarter, because it immediately becomes Fantastic Four redux. Invisible Woman becomes an auto-add, Silver Surfer is available, blah blah.)
I think you meant the above and I agree with the adventurer. It's the reason I have such an issue with DC character I work on because you practically have to eliminate adventurer and scientist or some form of the F4 gets dragged in.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 16th, 2015, 07:47 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the correction. Obviously I was cribbing off of Magneto.
Old July 17th, 2015, 06:44 PM

I'm gonna just run some edits on my favorite versions of heroes that have been posted in this thread.

For Puck, I took Balantai's version, but made him faster, gave him more defense and less life, and added Whirlwind Assault. i also made it so Bouncing Puck can only autowound one figure, so that it's not crazy with 6 move.
Spoiler Alert!

NAME = PUCK

SECRET IDENTITY = EUGENE MILTON JUDD

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OPERATIVE
PERSONALITY = STALWART
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 3

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS= 190

BOUNCING PUCK

When counting spaces for Puck's movement, elevation changes of up to 3 levels count as one space. You may ignore Puck's height of 3 when climbing. Puck may move through all figures, does not take leaving engagement attacks, and does not take regular falling damage. After moving with Puck, you may choose one figure Puck moved though and roll one unblockable attack die against that figure.

CARTWHEEL DEFENSE
After defending with Puck, you may move Puck a number of spaces equal to the number of shields rolled.

WHIRLWIND ASSAULT
Puck may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately.
For Sasquatch, I mostly stuck with what weebaer had, but condensed and slightly weakened the fallen figure effects and added a negative element to that power to represent when he was actually trading places with the great beast.

As an aside, you could easily add a second Walter Lagkowski figure that works like Bruce Banner.
Spoiler Alert!

NAME = SASQUATCH
SECRET IDENTITY = WALTER LANGKOWSKI

SPECIES = DEMON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OPERATIVE
PERSONALITY = LOYAL
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 7

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS= 310

FALLEN FRIENDS

When a Unique Hero you control is destroyed by an opponent, you may place the destroyed figure on this card. If there is at least 1 Unique Operative figure on this card, you may add 1 to Sasquatch’s move and attack numbers.

TANARAQ UNLEASHED
After revealing an order marker and taking a turn with Sasquatch, you may remove a figure from this army card and take one additional turn with Sasquatch. After that turn, roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 1 for each Wound Marker on this card. If you roll a 1 or lower, remove all order markers from this card and choose an opponent to take control of Sasquatch.

GREAT SWIPE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4. Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose one figure adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by the Great Swipe Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for both figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

SUPER STRENGTH
Moving on to Shaman... here I'm pretty much just sticking a price on weebaer's last design. My only change of note is reducing the range on the healing from 4 to 2, and getting rid of the 20+ result just to save space.
Spoiler Alert!

NAME = SHAMAN

SECRET IDENTITY = MICHAEL TWOYOUNGMEN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MYSTIC
PERSONALITY = STOIC
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS= 190

TELEPORT

Instead of moving normally with Shaman, you may choose to use Teleport. Before teleporting, you may choose an adjacent small or medium figure. Place Shaman on any empty space within 4 clear sight spaces of his previous position. After placing Shaman, you may place the chosen figure on any empty space adjacent to Shaman. Figures moved with this special power will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

MEDICINE POUCH
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a wounded friendly figure within 2 clear sight spaces and roll the 20 sided die.
If you roll 1-9, nothing happens.
If you roll 10-15, remove one wound marker from the chosen figure's Army Card.
If you roll 16 or higher, remove two wound markers from the chosen figure's Army Card.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Shaman is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Shaman can take for this attack is one.
And Guardian, I started with weebaer's version but simplified both non-leader powers a bit.
Spoiler Alert!

NAME = GUARDIAN

SECRET IDENTITY = JAMES MACDONALD HUDSON

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEADER
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS= 240

LEAD OPERATIVE

After revealing an Order Marker on a Mystic or Operative Unique Hero you control and taking a turn with that Hero, if there is at least one revealed Order Marker on this card, you may take a turn with one other Unique Mystic or Operative Hero you control within clear sight of Guardian.

CONCUSSIVE PULSE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 3. All figures within 2 spaces of Guardian are affected by this special attack. Roll 3 attack die once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice seperately. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each figure that received one or more wounds from this attack. If you roll 16 or higher, remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from that figure's Army Card.

PROTECTIVE FORCE FIELD
When defending with Guardian, if Guardian has not attacked this round, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
I'll probably post a Vindicator soon. Does someone want to take a swing at Snowbird?

Last edited by dok; July 23rd, 2015 at 05:21 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy