Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old September 9th, 2022, 02:40 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

As far as Friday's reveal goes, I'm super interested in seeing how the Major Q10 accident and Raelin's repossession come into play after Swarm of the Marro's concluding incident

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old September 9th, 2022, 03:08 PM

bradtato knows what's in an order marker bradtato knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation View Post
As far as Friday's reveal goes, I'm super interested in seeing how the Major Q10 accident and Raelin's repossession come into play after Swarm of the Marro's concluding incident
Is there a place where one can view the lore that follows this game? I know back in the OG days, there was Thormun’s Journal and character bios on the official Heroscape website, but my teenaged brain didn’t care about the backstory back then, while my now nearly 34 year old brain wants to know everything about everything 😬
Old September 9th, 2022, 03:13 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtato View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation View Post
Is there a place where one can view the lore that follows this game? I know back in the OG days, there was Thormun’s Journal and character bios on the official Heroscape website, but my teenaged brain didn’t care about the backstory back then, while my now nearly 34 year old brain wants to know everything about everything 😬
Check the downloads section, there was a compendium written with the references we got and updated regularly

I have plans for a personal project to help cover what I know as well, so hopefully I can share that soon

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old September 9th, 2022, 03:18 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

She’s riding the never released manticore! That is doubly awesome!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 9th, 2022, 03:25 PM

Exclamation Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Now that's an interesting tidbit I didn't expect

Old September 9th, 2022, 03:40 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
It didn’t even register in my brain that it’s a manticore, but on second glance, yep! Very cool take on the beast. I wonder what other never-released concepts will get spun out into AoA!
Old September 9th, 2022, 04:28 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Quote:
It didn’t even register in my brain that it’s a manticore, but on second glance, yep! Very cool take on the beast. I wonder what other never-released concepts will get spun out into AoA!
I never expected the manticore to be Evil Raelin’s steed.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 9th, 2022, 05:06 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

In the News Thread it says something about Terrain Previews next week.

YES PLEASE!!!

And as I just read about the playtesters (lucky chaps!), I wondered how much playtesting will consider the OldScape. I can imagine if something worked well with all the NewScape and there was some kind of problem with maybe a single or a couple of old units that they might just wave it through - probably most of the customers won't have those units anyways. That does make it difficult to do tournaments etc.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old September 9th, 2022, 05:16 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
In the News Thread it says something about Terrain Previews next week.

YES PLEASE!!!
I'm excited about it
Old September 9th, 2022, 05:31 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
And as I just read about the playtesters (lucky chaps!), I wondered how much playtesting will consider the OldScape. I can imagine if something worked well with all the NewScape and there was some kind of problem with maybe a single or a couple of old units that they might just wave it through - probably most of the customers won't have those units anyways. That does make it difficult to do tournaments etc.
As it happens, I have a quote about that (don't I always?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth26
Good to hear! Is it just playtesting AoA against AoA, or is there some classic thrown in as well? Have you tried only AoA against only C3V?
AoA and classic are one game
Old September 9th, 2022, 05:49 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Dok is correct there - it is one game - but we have not tested anything against C3V units and have no plans to do so.

That said, for those thirsting for some 'Scape (and who do not already know), check out the C3V. Links in my sig. It is some A+ material added to the Heroscape universe.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 9th, 2022, 06:42 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Raelin 3.0 looks interesting. I'm guessing she'll lack her iconic defensive aura, as that was a property of her old spear, which she no longer wields. Maybe she'll be more similar to Grimnak, with a small morale-based aura and a mount-related offensive power.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion