Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:25 PM

Zeeno has disabled reputation
Heroscape ---> D&D

I don't know how people are going to react to this but I need help with an idea. I along with heroscape am an avid D&D player now I have a few ideas but this basically asks those who have played v3.5. Now I wanted to convert figures from heroscape into D&D. For Example Thorgrim goes to a 5th level Fighter. Krug goes to a 7th level Barbarian. Stuff like that but I would need to figure out levels and convert abilities to D&D. Its a challenge that I'm willing to face. I am also posting this in a D&D site and will share the outcomes. Thanks prehand!
Old March 23rd, 2007, 03:27 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
I haven't played 3.x D&D (I played version 1.0 back in the day), so I don't think I could be of much help. But I look forward to the discussion and will provide feedback if I have any. Do you have any initial conversions that you could post for feedback?
Old March 23rd, 2007, 03:28 PM

Torredo has disabled reputation
i thought of the same thing but went against it, decided to
keep it as is....
Old March 23rd, 2007, 11:50 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
If I was interested in making the conversion I would first look at D&D Miniatures and see how the stats there compare to the same characters in the NPC book (I can't remember the title but I own one) that has the stats of all the core characters.

As an alternative you can simply short-cut it. Comparing apples to oranges I would think that every point in attack and life and life in Heroscape would compare to a d8. (as an alternative you might figure every point of attack could simply be +Att) Every point of defense would equate to a +1 to AC above 10. Multiply move by 8. For the rest...wing it.

Putting it together remember that some characters are going to have hit points attributed to high or low constitution in addition to level. Some of the damage will have to be attributed to Str as well as level. Some of the AC will have to be attributed to Dex and some armor. This is just too much for me to want to deal with personally.

Another thing you might want to consider would be the comparison of points cost to EL. I would use the simple ratio of 20 points equates to 1 EL. (I just pulled that figure out of the air...but you have to start somewhere)

Old March 24th, 2007, 03:57 PM

HS ~ KNT is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I use the figures in my D&D games as PC's, so they are whatever you are. It's easier that way.

Other wise, I use the Heroscape tiles for the D&D games too, but that's about it.

I'm not sure how one would convert them to D&D rules, but I've never needed to...

~Neko: Leaving, sadly. I hope to see you all around. =^-^=

Making Custom Fixes for Heroscape Once more, I will say my camera hates me.
Old March 25th, 2007, 06:57 PM

Torredo has disabled reputation
the thing is...

when i first got HS i thought of D&D first thing, but when you
think of it....the way its done is that like D&D but in simple form
and with the figures speical abilies makes it almost dead on.

think about it?

if you take one of your battle cards, change the Hitpoints to match
D&D you completely throw it off balance making the character
either unfair to fight or simply weaker pending.

ill be keeping the HS rules, battle cards, etc just to keep it all on track
eitherwise youll be re-doing the entire rules for this game from scratch.

i dont see the point?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions