Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: What is better to have?
Big Attack 8 10.39%
Big Defence 11 14.29%
Long Range 9 11.69%
Far Move 3 3.90%
All Around 46 59.74%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 28th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What is better to have?

None of it matters if you are using zombies.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old March 28th, 2009, 09:50 PM

Follower of Vydar Woo who?

Hi,

I'm new to the site and the game. My son got the family started. He is quite experienced and used to trounce us all. By going with range, I can hold my own. It probably has to do with the idea of multiple attacks. I like the idea of attacking the enemy before he can get to me. For me, being new, this works.
Old March 28th, 2009, 10:44 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower of Vydar View Post
Hi,

I'm new to the site and the game. My son got the family started. He is quite experienced and used to trounce us all. By going with range, I can hold my own. It probably has to do with the idea of multiple attacks. I like the idea of attacking the enemy before he can get to me. For me, being new, this works.
Welcome to the site! I extend to you a welcome laurel, a cookie and a hearty hand shake. I hope you'll grow to love this communtiy as I have. It seems that you already have come to know the site's grammatical rules, so abide them and you will assmilate quickly.

And, is your son a site member. We have some members as young as middle school. Some of us even joined before middle school, so no one is too young. This site will be a good influence on him, but I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old March 28th, 2009, 10:55 PM

Follower of Vydar Woo who?

Thank you for the welcome. Actually the son who got me into this is 28 years old. Which makes me - more than I want to think about. Both of my sons are indeed members of the site. Heroscape seems to be the game I have been looking for over a long time. It combines the strategy of chess with the variety of wargames. And the figures are way cool.
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:10 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

Ah well, there goes my Hangout invitation to them.

in the GARNET CAVE...
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:45 PM

SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker

All Around for me. I think it is better to be prepared for any situation, and to be able to adjust, and not have a glaring strength and weakness.

My collection: 4 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 BftU 1 Marvel, 1 TT, 1 VW, 2 TJ, 2 RttFF, 2 FotA, all expansions excluding exclusives, and every wave with almost x2 of all commons.
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:58 PM

It's really map dependant. If you don't know the map, all around is the best. If you know anything about your combative topography you could make your army by adapting accordingly.

in the GARNET CAVE...
Old March 29th, 2009, 12:38 AM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

Big defense. As long as you units stay around you're free to take as many small pot shots as you'd like. Ideally though they'd be a bit more rounded.
Old March 29th, 2009, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenEnvy View Post
Big defense. As long as you units stay around you're free to take as many small pot shots as you'd like. Ideally though they'd be a bit more rounded.
Hmm, Zettians, anyone?

in the GARNET CAVE...
Old April 17th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I decided that all-around is really best, but I danced between that and long range for quite a while because long range can make up for fair-to-middlin' attack, defense and/or move. With a good range you can keep away from range 1 enemies longer and you can use terrain more to your advantage. It's easier to get a height advantage if you don't have to be adjacent. Also, when you're fighting at a range you don't have to worry about passing swipes. And Steath Dodge makes ranged defense awesome. Hmm, is it too late to change my answer to long range?

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old April 17th, 2009, 08:13 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Attack. 3 squads of 7 attack MacDirks are a beast.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old April 17th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf_Archer View Post
It's really map dependant. If you don't know the map, all around is the best. If you know anything about your combative topography you could make your army by adapting accordingly.
Now I know what it feels like to have your brain hurt...

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion