Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #13  
Old August 31st, 2020, 11:50 PM
TheAverageFan's Avatar
TheAverageFan TheAverageFan is offline
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor
 
Join Date: December 17, 2009
Location: USA - OH - West Chester
Posts: 3,030
Images: 313
TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: SPOILER TALK: Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010
Something I've been thinking about the last week or so is that the whole premise of the 30+ years after Return of the Jedi is that the Empire/First Order can survive without Palpatine yet Rise of Skywalker brings him back just to destroy him again and now the Empire/First Order is done for.

So did the Empire and First Order only exist because of Palpatine/Vader/Ren's existence or was there actually a power struggle to fill the vacuum of Palpatine/Vader's absence? It's not like the First Order all arrived at Exegol and died there. So the same issue that kept the Empire around for the Battle of Jakku is the same issue that could keep the First Order around for another battle post-Exegol.
The First Order was led by Snoke who was created and used as a puppet by Palpatine. After Palpatine's army is defeated because his fleet doesn't know which way is up the rest of the galaxy finally rose up and destroyed the First Order overnight (apparently that was an option this whole time).

The real problem is that you're putting more thought into this than JJ Abrams and Chris Terrio did. The Disney SW movies do not give one solitary **** about world-building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010
The whole thing feels like a waste of 3 movies for me at this point. I stand by my assumption that Disney would've handled the Prequels better than Lucas (based on their casting abilities and work with Rogue One/Solo) and Lucas would've handled the Sequels better than Disney.
Prequels or sequels, there is no Star Wars without George Lucas. His only issue with the Prequels was that he shouldered the whole thing himself writing and directing all three movies with nobody to tell him No. The original Star Wars was saved in editing, and both Empire and Jedi weren't directed or solely written by Lucas. What we needed was what we had with the Indiana Jones trilogy, where Steven Spielberg was there to handle directing and shoot down George's more baffling ideas. Whether or not Disney would be the right corporation to make those calls is up to debate.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old September 1st, 2020, 12:58 AM
Heroscaper Guy's Avatar
Heroscaper Guy Heroscaper Guy is online now
 
Join Date: October 27, 2010
Location: USA - FL - Pensacola
Posts: 2,780
Images: 10
Blog Entries: 6
Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: SPOILER TALK: Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010
Something I've been thinking about the last week or so is that the whole premise of the 30+ years after Return of the Jedi is that the Empire/First Order can survive without Palpatine yet Rise of Skywalker brings him back just to destroy him again and now the Empire/First Order is done for.

So did the Empire and First Order only exist because of Palpatine/Vader/Ren's existence or was there actually a power struggle to fill the vacuum of Palpatine/Vader's absence? It's not like the First Order all arrived at Exegol and died there. So the same issue that kept the Empire around for the Battle of Jakku is the same issue that could keep the First Order around for another battle post-Exegol.
The First Order was led by Snoke who was created and used as a puppet by Palpatine. After Palpatine's army is defeated because his fleet doesn't know which way is up the rest of the galaxy finally rose up and destroyed the First Order overnight (apparently that was an option this whole time).

The real problem is that you're putting more thought into this than JJ Abrams and Chris Terrio did. The Disney SW movies do not give one solitary **** about world-building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010
The whole thing feels like a waste of 3 movies for me at this point. I stand by my assumption that Disney would've handled the Prequels better than Lucas (based on their casting abilities and work with Rogue One/Solo) and Lucas would've handled the Sequels better than Disney.
Prequels or sequels, there is no Star Wars without George Lucas. His only issue with the Prequels was that he shouldered the whole thing himself writing and directing all three movies with nobody to tell him No. The original Star Wars was saved in editing, and both Empire and Jedi weren't directed or solely written by Lucas. What we needed was what we had with the Indiana Jones trilogy, where Steven Spielberg was there to handle directing and shoot down George's more baffling ideas. Whether or not Disney would be the right corporation to make those calls is up to debate.

~TAF
Yeah there wasnt a plan, still think they should have written an overarching thing like Marvel with Kevin Feige for the movies and tv that way the directors could work with each other and build off of each other and cough cough the Yuzhon Vong War or Thrawn trilogy cough. Instead we only got Rogue One being excellent I think partially cause it was limited by working with episode 4 and leading to it.

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old September 2nd, 2020, 06:07 PM
Figure's Avatar
Figure Figure is offline
 
Join Date: May 10, 2008
Location: USA-Moscow-Idaho
Posts: 174
Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker
Re: SPOILER TALK: Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker

I know there at least have been talks of scrapping the sequels and calling them a sort of "Elseworlds tale" since it pretty much invalidates the entire story of the first six movies and Disney has had a lot of fan backlash. Also read Kathleen Kennedy may be stepping down but I don't know how much is true and how much is just rumor at this point.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old September 2nd, 2020, 06:17 PM
TREX's Avatar
TREX TREX is offline
"like" happy
 
Join Date: February 24, 2010
Location: USA- ID- PRESTON
Posts: 7,865
TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: SPOILER TALK: Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunaks View Post
I know there at least have been talks of scrapping the sequels and calling them a sort of "Elseworlds tale" since it pretty much invalidates the entire story of the first six movies and Disney has had a lot of fan backlash. Also read Kathleen Kennedy may be stepping down but I don't know how much is true and how much is just rumor at this point.
Movie Errata will not let me unsee these. I dont really care much nowadays. Just look forward to the mandalorian season 2.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old September 2nd, 2020, 06:25 PM
mac122's Avatar
mac122 mac122 is offline
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time
 
Join Date: October 13, 2009
Location: USA - IL - Edwardsville
Posts: 11,184
Images: 43
mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: SPOILER TALK: Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
... Just look forward to the mandalorian season 2.
October 30!


My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old September 2nd, 2020, 06:40 PM
heroscaper2010's Avatar
heroscaper2010 heroscaper2010 is offline
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)
 
Join Date: September 19, 2010
Location: USA - OH - Sugarcreek
Posts: 8,414
heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: SPOILER TALK: Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
... Just look forward to the mandalorian season 2.
October 30!
So excited!

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old September 2nd, 2020, 08:51 PM
TREX's Avatar
TREX TREX is offline
"like" happy
 
Join Date: February 24, 2010
Location: USA- ID- PRESTON
Posts: 7,865
TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: SPOILER TALK: Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
... Just look forward to the mandalorian season 2.
October 30!
So excited!
Awesome. Hope they will continue with the format and try to keep excessive amounts of politics out of it. After watching season 1 all the way through on my brothers account last year, I just picked up disney plus this year for mandalorian season 2 and have watched it two more times through. Ive been watching rebels also while I paint my giant pile of shame that is unpainted miniatures. Im not usually into cartoons but dont mind it too bad. The characters grow on you a little. Im going to trek through the clone wars series next. I dont mind watching these shows until walking dead and mandalorian come out again.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old September 2nd, 2020, 09:45 PM
heroscaper2010's Avatar
heroscaper2010 heroscaper2010 is offline
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)
 
Join Date: September 19, 2010
Location: USA - OH - Sugarcreek
Posts: 8,414
heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: SPOILER TALK: Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
... Just look forward to the mandalorian season 2.
October 30!
So excited!
Awesome. Hope they will continue with the format and try to keep excessive amounts of politics out of it. After watching season 1 all the way through on my brothers account last year, I just picked up disney plus this year for mandalorian season 2 and have watched it two more times through. Ive been watching rebels also while I paint my giant pile of shame that is unpainted miniatures. Im not usually into cartoons but dont mind it too bad. The characters grow on you a little. Im going to trek through the clone wars series next. I dont mind watching these shows until walking dead and mandalorian come out again.
I actually surprised you haven't watched Clone Wars with all your love for Clones.

Seriously guys, Dave Filoni knows what he's doing and it's why the three shows he's been a part of have been successful. If you haven't already, watch the Behind the Scenes series on The Mandalorian (also on Disney+).

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old September 2nd, 2020, 09:47 PM
Figure's Avatar
Figure Figure is offline
 
Join Date: May 10, 2008
Location: USA-Moscow-Idaho
Posts: 174
Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker
Re: SPOILER TALK: Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunaks View Post
I know there at least have been talks of scrapping the sequels and calling them a sort of "Elseworlds tale" since it pretty much invalidates the entire story of the first six movies and Disney has had a lot of fan backlash. Also read Kathleen Kennedy may be stepping down but I don't know how much is true and how much is just rumor at this point.
Movie Errata will not let me unsee these. I dont really care much nowadays. Just look forward to the mandalorian season 2.
Exactly everyone can have their own head-cannon anyway and a lot of people enjoyed the new ones even though I didn't. Haven't actually watched the Mandalorian yet, seems like I should though.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old September 3rd, 2020, 01:11 AM
TREX's Avatar
TREX TREX is offline
"like" happy
 
Join Date: February 24, 2010
Location: USA- ID- PRESTON
Posts: 7,865
TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: SPOILER TALK: Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
... Just look forward to the mandalorian season 2.
October 30!
So excited!
Awesome. Hope they will continue with the format and try to keep excessive amounts of politics out of it. After watching season 1 all the way through on my brothers account last year, I just picked up disney plus this year for mandalorian season 2 and have watched it two more times through. Ive been watching rebels also while I paint my giant pile of shame that is unpainted miniatures. Im not usually into cartoons but dont mind it too bad. The characters grow on you a little. Im going to trek through the clone wars series next. I dont mind watching these shows until walking dead and mandalorian come out again.
I actually surprised you haven't watched Clone Wars with all your love for Clones.

Seriously guys, Dave Filoni knows what he's doing and it's why the three shows he's been a part of have been successful. If you haven't already, watch the Behind the Scenes series on The Mandalorian (also on Disney+).
Its a funny story. Kind of. Back when the clone wars came out I bought the dvd disc sets. I wasnt aware they were any good until about the third season was out. I then picked up the sets and started watching from the beginning. The front of clone wars is kind of a slog to get through. During this time I had an aquaintance from work ask to borrow them. I let him borrow them and shortly thereafter he didnt work there any more due to getting a better job at another company. After a bit of time I ended up getting one season back from a mutual friend. Season 3. That turned me off a bit. I eventually found clone wars later on netflix and started watching again. Then it got removed from netflix to go to disney plus. Again. Only watched part of season 1. Got out my season 3 a month or so ago and popped it in. It got me spurred on to watch again so I picked up disney +. Only to be sucked in by rebels. I swear Im going to eventually get to see them all.
Brunaks, you should definitely watch the mandalorian. It has a lot of potential for some interesting characters and some fun plot lines.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPOILER TALK: Star Wars: The Force Awakens TheAverageFan Movies 129 January 19th, 2016 07:14 PM
TV Show: Star Wars, The Clone Wars (not the movie) kboleen TV 19 August 22nd, 2009 06:14 PM
Who's a Star Wars fan? Jedi Master Corazz Other Media 88 December 31st, 2008 11:54 AM
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Movie Release - August 15th! Dartheyegouger Other Media 1 February 13th, 2008 08:29 PM
Star Wars - More to come killercactus Custom Units & Army Cards 2 February 19th, 2007 11:36 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:49 PM.

Heroscape background footer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.