Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:22 AM

KCWorth45 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The Book of Mohican River Tribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Common sqauds are not tracked separately.

If at the end of the MRT turn there are two or more engaged, then War Cry triggers.
Thanks, that is what I was thinking.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 06:52 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

The Mohicans were always hard for me to use. I only have one Squad of them but it became painfully apparent that they needed to be employed en masse for them to be useful, even with Brave Arrow's support.

Battle Fury does help them in CQC (Close Quarters Combat) but the obvious solution to that is to pick them off from range. Concealment 19 is helpful but you need quite a high rool, even if Syvarris or Dan is attacking you from the full extent of their range (well, maybe that's a bit of a stretch ).

Clearly, the Units the Mohicans are best against are either the Long Ranged snipers or the Close Ranged brawlers. Those who fit the Mid-Ranged category can keep their distance but be close enough to require a high roll for Concealment.

The Mohicans are good. I can't deny that. I'll clearly have to spend a bit more time learning how to use them. I'm sure I'll be rewarded in the end.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old February 22nd, 2011, 07:23 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death!

The trick with close range is to hang outside of range, until you close the gap. You need to have first strike with the mohicans in order to maximize their attack. For example if you are fighting the 4th you should be able to avoid attacks as you move into engagement.

The speed boost from Venoc warlord, maybe better than the bonding fron Brave arrow in this regard. Avoiding attacks while moving is so important for the Mohicans, that concealment should rarely come up, except when fighting long range.

Except for 10th. The Mohicans should not fight the 10th.

wriggz's custom Figures and Terrain

Have a Question? Take it to the Dump.

Want to Learn More? Go to the Library.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 07:36 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
The trick with close range is to hang outside of range, until you close the gap. You need to have first strike with the mohicans in order to maximize their attack. For example if you are fighting the 4th you should be able to avoid attacks as you move into engagement.

The speed boost from Venoc warlord, maybe better than the bonding fron Brave arrow in this regard. Avoiding attacks while moving is so important for the Mohicans, that concealment should rarely come up, except when fighting long range.

I wholeheartedly agree. They kick butt in the Mid-Rang ecaegory where the Mohicans need to watch themselves most, and if they Mohicans can close the distance and try to engage, they'll meet a hail of Bayonets and Melee Defense 1's to throw them back... giving us one more reason why the 10th Regiment of Foot are better than the 4th Massachusetts Line.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old February 22nd, 2011, 11:35 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post

I wholeheartedly agree. They kick butt in the Mid-Rang ecaegory where the Mohicans need to watch themselves most, and if they Mohicans can close the distance and try to engage, they'll meet a hail of Bayonets and Melee Defense 1's to throw them back... giving us one more reason why the 10th Regiment of Foot are better than the 4th Massachusetts Line.
The 10th do provide a bit of a conundrum for the MRT. However, they are indeed beatable (although not the best match up for our war painted friends).

I want to reference some of Obsidian's useful tables showing the chances of engaged vs unengaged Mohicans taking wounds:

Engaged:
Spoiler Alert!

Not Engaged:
Spoiler Alert!

From these charts, it appears that the Mohicans have the greatest odds of surviving when engaged to the 10th. Furthermore, the Mohicans have the best odds of killing 10th from engagement, as an attack of 3 has a 51% chance of sending a 10th to a dirt nap, while battling it out from range only gives them a 44% chance (attack of 2 VS a defense of 2).

Theoryscape-wise, if you want to beat the 10th, you need to either:
  • Engage the 10th, taking advantage of any movement enhancements to quickly move in to engagement. Once again, Mittens' Scout Leadership enhancement will assist them in charging into the fray. You will also want to use Brave Arrow's Scout Melee attack enhancement, as well as War Cry to get him into position (or just send him out early to draw fire, as he is practically immune to ranged attacks).
  • Attack the 10th from height and max range (an attack of 3 against a defense of 2 will cause a wound 63% of the time), and include Raelin to weather more of those dangerous volleys.
In either scenario, a Deathreaver screen can be used to clog up the enemy lines and keep them from firing at approaching Tribesmen (remember, both the 10th and Tribesmen have the same range of 6).

I recommend reading Mccombju's MRT DEPLOYMENT STRATEGIES (located towards the bottom of the post) , as much of it seems as relevant with the 10th as it is with the 4th.

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; February 24th, 2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Slight text edit
Old October 17th, 2011, 01:44 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Nobody gets concealment from Tetsubo.
I don't understand. I'm targeting the second figure just as clearly as I'm targeting the first. (Recognizing of course that the reason the first cannot conceal is that he's adjacent to the attacker.)

I completely agree that Fire Line Special Attack does not target figures (only spaces), and Grenade Special Attack does not target the secondary/tertiary/etc. casualties, because the player does not choose any of those figures. But certainly the player does choose Gurei-Oni's secondary target. What am I missing?
His target is the adjacent figure he is attacking. The other guy is "also affected". Also affected figures are not targeted. In the case of Tetsubo, since there may be more figures available, but only one gets affected, the player has to "choose" which one is "also affected".
I was having a discussion elsewhere that made me realize that the Blue Wyrmling, Eltahale, and Othkurik also benefit from this ruling. They all have to target one figure, but can affect one or more other figures with their special attack. Mohicans would not get to roll for concealment if they were those other affected figures. The initial targeted figure would get to roll if a BlueW or Othkurik hit them at range, though.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 10:30 PM
This is genius...

The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker

This sort of thing with the Blue Wyrmling and Zelrig also applies to DeathWalker 9000 and the Airborne Elite. Anything with any sort of area effect attacks actually. This means area effect would probably be the Mohicans biggest enemy. Other than WaitThenFire units maybe since most of them are mid-range units.

Einar is the best general... End of argument...

Last edited by The Disciplined Soldier; May 2nd, 2014 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Abbreviation just didn't look right...
Old August 26th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

I only have one Squad of these guys, so the smart thing to do would be to not put them in a 500pt army, but I was thinking, who could a put them with in a 300-360pt army, and how would I use them? Any advice is welcome.(Except stuff like "You want my adivce? Get another squad.")
Old August 26th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I honestly don't know what you could use a single squad for. Even in low point armies, the Marro Warriors, for one, are going to trump them every time. They're cheaper by 20 points, provide better ranged support (4 figs vs. 3) and can regenerate dead squad members....

I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the coolest, online CCG of all time!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old August 26th, 2014, 06:42 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
I only have one Squad of these guys, so the smart thing to do would be to not put them in a 500pt army, but I was thinking, who could a put them with in a 300-360pt army, and how would I use them? Any advice is welcome.(Except stuff like "You want my adivce? Get another squad.")
I'm in your boat. I only have one squad. So they never get play. It's the sad fact. They were designed to be in multiple squads, so for now, they can't do anything other than let you say you have one. Got no better news than that.

Oof...I got nothing to sign with now
Old August 27th, 2014, 12:57 AM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Yeah, that's how they've been for me too, I could substitute another squad so I have "two", but I only ever do that when the subbing figures resemble the real thing(like using a Heavy Grut squad to represent a Blade Grut squad, WoB for AW, etc. etc.)
Old August 30th, 2014, 01:02 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Shaolin monks perhaps or other rifleman squads? They're human at the very least.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units