Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old June 20th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Resident Classifieds Guru

Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby!
Omaha sighting!

SotM for $30

http://omaha.craigslist.org/ele/4529398996.html
Old June 23rd, 2014, 11:59 AM

Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby!
Finally scored the Sun Prairie deal

Well it was a long time coming (negotiations, scheduling time to come by, etc.) but I finally acquired the Sun Prairie massive collection.
I grabbed:
waves 1-7 complete
RotV 1st ed
SotM
Rttff
VW
TT
TJ
FotA
Orm's
Raknar's
AA
Ornak, Sir Gilbert, Laglor

Sun Prairie must be the place to be right now because Garret came by on Sunday to pick up a BftU and a Jotun and told be that he had just scored RotV, TT and a bunch more at a yard sale for $10!!
Old June 25th, 2014, 01:59 PM

Re: Craigslist Deals

Another local seller and this is what I got:
D&D master set
RotV x4
SotM x1
FotA x1
Wave 1 & part of wave 2

Last edited by Ztimster; June 26th, 2014 at 02:19 PM. Reason: update
Old June 25th, 2014, 02:00 PM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm gonna unsubscribe to this thread soon.

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!
Old July 3rd, 2014, 11:45 AM

aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker

That moment when you find this awesome craigslist deal and you agree to a price of 40 bucks. Then the person calls you back saying that they looked up the stuff on amazon and now want 1,500 for everything. If you have ever seen Jerry Maguire, I feel like that when he got played by the 1st round draft pick. So frustrating!! This is everything that was in it:

Master set rise of Valkyrie
Swarm of the marro

road to the forgotten forest
Volcarren wasteland
thaelenk tundra

raknars vision
orms return

Mallidoons prophecy:
grut orcs

utgars rage:
drones and minions
knights and swog rider
minute men and wolves
heroes of barrenspur

Jandars oath:
gorillas and hounds
kilts and commandos
heroes of nostralund

Thoras vengeance:
soulborgs
gladiators and agents
ninjas and samurais

Dawn of darkness:
shades and orcs
archers and kyries
zombie horde
Old July 3rd, 2014, 01:29 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm assuming he wasn't a player or anything? Sorry for the bad luck...

Oof...I got nothing to sign with now
Old July 3rd, 2014, 01:38 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

$1500!?! Sounds like he went and looked up each individual item on Amazon and found the sellers that are asking $250 for an ROTV and then added them all up.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 02:41 PM

aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
$1500!?! Sounds like he went and looked up each individual item on Amazon and found the sellers that are asking $250 for an ROTV and then added them all up.
Yeah it was a mother who posted it for 20 bucks just trying to get rid of it. I told her I would give her more since I really wanted it and it was worth more than 20 bucks. I thought I was doing a good deed, but apparently that's not good enough..

Yeah I asked them where they got those prices from and they said they looked them up on amazon and then the "buy it now" ebay listings. I tried to let them know how crazy those prices are but I guess we will see what they do with all the stuff. Might send a link to Ztimster's sell page so they see some reasonable prices for the stuff they have..Just so frustrating to see all this stuff just sit in a person's hands who doesn't want to use it, and instead wants to charge people the max for everything :'(
Old July 3rd, 2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksisu11 View Post
That moment when you find this awesome craigslist deal and you agree to a price of 40 bucks. Then the person calls you back saying that they looked up the stuff on amazon and now want 1,500 for everything. If you have ever seen Jerry Maguire, I feel like that when he got played by the 1st round draft pick. So frustrating!!
Yeah, I talked to her too. She wrote me:
"I just recently found out that this is worth a little bit of money by almost getting scammed and then looking into it."

Then:

"To be honest I am not sure about prices. I have been looking at what they are selling for new and it is pretty costly. So obviously they are not new in the package. What is the going rate for them not new? What do you think is fair?"

So I sent her my price list and her collection came out to like $483.75 which was not quite $1500, but much more than $40. I told her that ebay and Amazon sellers were crooks most of the time and to take those prices with a grain of salt. I also told her that I had picked up a similar collection recently for $40 and it was more about getting Heroscape out to people who want to play it than making quick cash and that she had to decide what her motives were.

Unfortunately it often falls to an ethical situation when I come across a collection like that. Do I grab it for $20 and sing and skip all the way home or do I tell them that they are giving me a huge deal and pay them a more realistic price. I will always ask why they are selling it and what price would make them happy. I have found single moms who are selling their son's collection to fix the car so that they can get to work and other people who were just going to pitch it and thought someone MIGHT want it before they sent it to the curb. The single moms I have actually helped set their collections up on eBay and made much more $$ than they thought they would and there was even this dad who was trying to help his son make some money to buy new toys who we turned a $20 sale into $140 on ebay. So sometimes it is our responsibility to be good stewards of the Heroscape community and not just go for that killer deal.

But, with that said, the killer deals do come our way and the sellers are happy that they sold it (some are mystified that I will pay more to ship it out to me than they sold it for.) The trick is to stay honest and give a little. Quite frankly, I feel that the "Karma" comes back in spades as every time I help out someone, I seem to get more awesome deals that come my way.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztimster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aksisu11 View Post
That moment when you find this awesome craigslist deal and you agree to a price of 40 bucks. Then the person calls you back saying that they looked up the stuff on amazon and now want 1,500 for everything. If you have ever seen Jerry Maguire, I feel like that when he got played by the 1st round draft pick. So frustrating!!
Yeah, I talked to her too. She wrote me:
"I just recently found out that this is worth a little bit of money by almost getting scammed and then looking into it."

Then:

"To be honest I am not sure about prices. I have been looking at what they are selling for new and it is pretty costly. So obviously they are not new in the package. What is the going rate for them not new? What do you think is fair?"

So I sent her my price list and her collection came out to like $483.75 which was not quite $1500, but much more than $40. I told her that ebay and Amazon sellers were crooks most of the time and to take those prices with a grain of salt. I also told her that I had picked up a similar collection recently for $40 and it was more about getting Heroscape out to people who want to play it than making quick cash and that she had to decide what her motives were.

Unfortunately it often falls to an ethical situation when I come across a collection like that. Do I grab it for $20 and sing and skip all the way home or do I tell them that they are giving me a huge deal and pay them a more realistic price. I will always ask why they are selling it and what price would make them happy. I have found single moms who are selling their son's collection to fix the car so that they can get to work and other people who were just going to pitch it and thought someone MIGHT want it before they sent it to the curb. The single moms I have actually helped set their collections up on eBay and made much more $$ than they thought they would and there was even this dad who was trying to help his son make some money to buy new toys who we turned a $20 sale into $140 on ebay. So sometimes it is our responsibility to be good stewards of the Heroscape community and not just go for that killer deal.

But, with that said, the killer deals do come our way and the sellers are happy that they sold it (some are mystified that I will pay more to ship it out to me than they sold it for.) The trick is to stay honest and give a little. Quite frankly, I feel that the "Karma" comes back in spades as every time I help out someone, I seem to get more awesome deals that come my way.
Yeah I completely agree! I told her that heroscape is a little expensive right now so that's why it was nice to see a price that wasn't so much. She sent me this picture:

That's why I only offered her 40 cause I really didn't know what was all in there and what was complete..
Old July 3rd, 2014, 10:36 PM

Btw ztimster she texted me today was pretty pissed off with both of us letting her know about it I guess. She said," I think it is ridiculous it is a freaking game. I don't have time to deal with it, and I'm sorry for not knowing there is a "heroscape community".

Yeah might want to let this one go...
Old July 3rd, 2014, 10:54 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Sounds like you should have taken it for $20

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales