Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 23rd, 2006, 09:02 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Ok I fixed Roc and added ground marker.

Here's Cragnak for further review.

And a new Egyptian, Criosphinx.

Old November 24th, 2006, 08:35 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
This is a serious question. Why, when I post a custom that is obviously broken and would never work in a game, are there 4 posts telling me that, but no one has anything to say on a custom that is not broken?

I appreciate the responsiveness and quickness to point out that the card was messed up, but no one has anything to say about anything else.

Old November 24th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
For many customs there's simply nothing to say other than 'Okay, that looks fine. Not really interesting, but playable.' It's often considered a waste of time to post that, though. If you find that your well-balanced cards aren't getting as much feedback as you'd like, consider innovating more and using abilities that are particularly new or unusual. For instance, the d20 roll on Riddler is unremarkable... and, I know this may sound a bit crazy, but why not have the card's owner ask the other player a REAL riddle instead? ;D
The other thing is, of course, the simple fact that none of us ever get as much feedback as we'd like, and there's often some dry spells regardless of what kind of cards we put out. Sometimes you just have to shrug your shoulders and move on.

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old November 24th, 2006, 08:58 PM

Your right, its stupid to just say "looks fine," and I know no one gets as much comments as they like. Whatever I'll just come up with some more trying to use something different.

Old November 24th, 2006, 10:14 PM

Zeeno has disabled reputation
I like criosphinx. All he needs is a figure and he's good to go.
Old November 24th, 2006, 11:26 PM

Ok, I think Agent Ace has a pretty unusual power in the cloning thing. And I kinda skipped over him trying get some of the Egyptians things up. I know what you mean that some of the cards are a little bland and not to inspiring for anything. I'm thinking about re-working some of the boring egyptian cards and then releasing them all again as a completed set, I don't know we'll see. But for now I think Agent Ace has a unique ability, so if anyone has any suggestions, here he is:

Old November 25th, 2006, 04:15 PM

Zeeno has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
Ok, I think Agent Ace has a pretty unusual power in the cloning thing. And I kinda skipped over him trying get some of the Egyptians things up. I know what you mean that some of the cards are a little bland and not to inspiring for anything. I'm thinking about re-working some of the boring egyptian cards and then releasing them all again as a completed set, I don't know we'll see. But for now I think Agent Ace has a unique ability, so if anyone has any suggestions, here he is:
AGent Ace is pretty interesting, maybe when he becomes the squad, he could have the wounds turned to markers so you don't accidentally forget a wound or add a wound too many.
Old November 25th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I like the cloning ability, but I think it should be almost completely redone with another squad card. Like Repli-Clone reads like this:

"Instead of attacking.... If you roll 12 or better, you may replace Agent Ace with a squad of Repli-clones. All Repli-clones must be placed within 3 spaces of Agent Ace; Agent Ace is then removed from play. All wound markers stay on Agent Ace when he is removed, and remain on his card when he re-enters play."

And then you have Repli-clones with their own card, with two abilities:

"Clone: Repliclones do not begin play on the map. Repliclones may only be placed when Agent Ace successfully used Repli-clone."

and

"Revert: When two Repli-clones are destroyed, immediately replace the third clone with Agent Ace."

They would cost 0, because they're really just the extension to Agent Ace.

If you get this high-toned SOB to work, I think it's Halls material.
Old November 25th, 2006, 08:56 PM

Yea I should probably make it into a second card to make the wording a lot easier. I'll get the second card up sometime tomorrow. Thanks a lot InfinityMax.

Old November 26th, 2006, 01:43 PM

Here we go, a card for Agent Ace and one for his Repli-clones. The wording could use a little work, but I think its better than just one card.

Old November 26th, 2006, 09:06 PM

Any comments?

Old November 26th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Perfect! Great card, and really original. I think I'll nominate it in the Halls.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards