Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old August 1st, 2007, 03:08 PM

morgonis has disabled reputation
when building my armies I dont mix "good" and "evil" guys and generally stick to one color for the army. on that note, when building a blue army my range troops i base upon the map and how many points for the army...if there is a decent amount of easily accessible riased areas and i have the points to spare, Omnicrons are my first choice, hard to mess with the 50% of 2-4 hits with minimal height advantage.
Old August 1st, 2007, 03:16 PM
has been BANNED

GoBigorGoHome is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I agree, the Snipers are very overlooked. 7 range and 3 defense for a ranged squad is good and a 50% chance at 2 skulls is awesome.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:37 AM

darkmask has disabled reputation
Does any one else question the size of these guys. I have been playing with the snipers only a few weeks, and i love them. My only complaint is why they are a medium 5. They should be a medium 6. They are taller then any medium 5 and they compare very well to all the medium 6's that are already out. can some one explain this to me.

I personally am tempted to make them 6 as a house rule.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:55 AM

UtgarsWorstFear is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmask
Does any one else question the size of these guys. I have been playing with the snipers only a few weeks, and i love them. My only complaint is why they are a medium 5. They should be a medium 6. They are taller then any medium 5 and they compare very well to all the medium 6's that are already out. can some one explain this to me.

I think they wanted to make them easier to see by the opponent and make them able to have LoS on more opponents because they are snipers. But if they were to give them a height of 6 they could have gotten height advantage easier and been a little too mobile. Just my

C3G is why I play heroscape.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:57 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtgarsWorstFear
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmask

I think they wanted to make them easier to see by the opponent and make them able to have LoS on more opponents because they are snipers. But if they were to give them a height of 6 they could have gotten height advantage easier and been a little too mobile. Just my
Having a height of 6 doesn't really do you any good without a Move of 6 unless you're a melee figure.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:13 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse

Having a height of 6 doesn't really do you any good without a Move of 6 unless you're a melee figure.
It doesn't help with going up, but it might, conceivably, in the rare instance, help with going down without falling.
Old September 6th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
These guys are one of the only reason I draft Taelord and one of my favorites. Give them height and Taelord and they can easily kill Kee-Mo-Shi .

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old September 7th, 2007, 04:59 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
I hope Zetacron has any ability that can boost the Omnicron Snipers range if adjacent to him/her/it!? Or better still, if he could boost the range of all figures with the 'Precise' personality.
I doubt that he'll add range to 'Precise' figures. There's just too many Vydar units that are precise; team them up with Laglor and you've got range galore. I just don't see that happening. I would like to see the Omnicrons get some sort of attack bonus, although it seems pretty unlikely that will happen either. I'm thnking that whatever bonus is given,will be given to the Omnicrons exclusively. So for that reason I can see a him boosting their range. Maybe even their move so that they can get height advantage a bit easier?! Whatever it is, I hope it's good. I think the O. Snipers are some of the most underated ranged units in my house. I love to use them, but my wife always laughs and asks me why I wasted 100+ points drafting them. But then they get height and with good range she often finds out why.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old September 7th, 2007, 05:10 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99
Quote:
I hope Zetacron has any ability that can boost the Omnicron Snipers range if adjacent to him/her/it!? Or better still, if he could boost the range of all figures with the 'Precise' personality.
I doubt that he'll add range to 'Precise' figures. There's just too many Vydar units that are precise; team them up with Laglor and you've got range galore. I just don't see that happening. I would like to see the Omnicrons get some sort of attack bonus, although it seems pretty unlikely that will happen either. I'm thnking that whatever bonus is given,will be given to the Omnicrons exclusively. So for that reason I can see a him boosting their range. Maybe even their move so that they can get height advantage a bit easier?! Whatever it is, I hope it's good. I think the O. Snipers are some of the most underated ranged units in my house. I love to use them, but my wife always laughs and asks me why I wasted 100+ points drafting them. But then they get height and with good range she often finds out why.

I like using the Snipers too, the possible 4 attack (from height advantage) is too good to pass up, but it is still a chancey thing to do - but hey, you gt to try it three times in one turn right.
Old September 7th, 2007, 05:18 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99
Quote:

I like using the Snipers too, the possible 4 attack (from height advantage) is too good to pass up, but it is still a chancey thing to do - but hey, you gt to try it three times in one turn right.
The Snipers are some of my favorite units in the game, but it's no surprise to me they're underrated. Without Taelord, Extreme Height, or Glyphs, they're simply completely outclassed by the Microcorp Agents. Given any of those three conditions though, and they really start to shine. I'm hoping Zetacron will make them a little less situational personally.
Old September 7th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Maybe Zetacron will have Sniper Leadership. That wouldn't stack onto any of the same units as Laglor's range aura or the other good movement boosts, I believe. It would be neat to have Scouts, Soldiers, and Snipers all getting movement-increasing powers from the heroes who lead them.

I think the Omnicrons and Microcorps are both situational, but in different ways. Because the Microcorps only get their boosts from terrain, they're situational based on where they fight. Because the Snipers respond equally to height, glyphs, Tactician, and so on, they're situational based primarily on who they have fighting with them.
Old September 8th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I used these guy with height and Taelord and my opponent was being destroyed so he hid behind a kind of bunker I build and when he would come running out I would pick him off. It kind of reminded me of The Battle of Normandy.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units