Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Old March 8th, 2021, 04:57 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Music: What are you listening to right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I love it! Sort of retro-prog-rock. I'm trying to think of other bands in that genre that are bass-forward but not emo, and I can't think of any. It's different. Thanks for sharing!
Glad you like it.

Yeah, its nice to hear something different and I appreciate talented musicians for sure too.

Check out her bass solo with Jeff Beck back in 2007, when she was around 20.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 8th, 2021, 08:26 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Pantera.

Old March 8th, 2021, 08:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Primus ?
Old March 9th, 2021, 09:59 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Primus ?
I thought about Primus, actually. Primus is harder rock, and it's not just "bass-forward," the bass serves a whole other role in the music. And the song itself - the vocals - are unstructured and weird, as in Zappa, more as an accompaniment to the music than anything else. Tal's band is more like a traditional rock band.

For the uninitiated, here is Les Claypool on bass, and Primus:

Pantera is heavy metal; that's a whole other thing. Definitely not Tal Winkenfeld's band.

I offer, for comparison, Beach House, led by Victoria Legrand:

Similarly dreamy rock feel, with a smoky-voiced lead singer. Less bass, but neither has the soaring guitars that are so prominent in most rock music.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; March 9th, 2021 at 10:14 AM.
Old March 9th, 2021, 10:50 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

That Beach House song reminded me of Eyes Without a Face by Billy Idol.

Old March 9th, 2021, 11:44 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Huh. I think of Eyes Without a Face as more of a power pop ballad, with all the weaknesses of that genre. I don’t see them as close.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 9th, 2021, 12:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Have you ever heard the VH1 Storytellers version?
Starts out as acoustic and then rocks out later.
Old March 9th, 2021, 01:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Huh. I think of Eyes Without a Face as more of a power pop ballad, with all the weaknesses of that genre. I don’t see them as close.
The pacing of it, similar sound in general but of course not the exact same. But when I listened to the Beach House song, it reminded me of Eyes Without a Face. Not to take anything away from their song. But sometimes there are similarities in songs, like seeing somebody that reminds you of someone else. They don't have to be exact to seem similar.

That said, music really hasn't changed drastically in the last 30 years, so there are plenty of songs that sound similar.

Old May 14th, 2021, 08:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

I learned about this Norwegian singer Aurora, from seeing her in a reaction video on YouTube. I really dig her voice and her artistic expression. This performance is from 2015 and I think she was around 19.
@Dadscaper

Last edited by Hahma; May 14th, 2021 at 09:44 PM.
Old May 14th, 2021, 09:00 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Twisted Sister. Also playing some Judas Priest (Breaking the Law) and Van Halen (Ain't Talkin' Bout Love) on my guitar.

Old May 15th, 2021, 12:30 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Not what you meant by bass forward, but Royal Blood is primarily bass and drums. I enjoy their music, and their videos are in an intersection of funny, weird, and entertaining that really resonates with me.
Old May 17th, 2021, 01:33 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoDNFsQGDjE
Not what you meant by bass forward, but Royal Blood is primarily bass and drums. I enjoy their music, and their videos are in an intersection of funny, weird, and entertaining that really resonates with me.
Ooooooo very fun song and video. Reminds me a bit of the newest Colony House single that I've also been really enjoying.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music