Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Old April 11th, 2021, 04:17 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
ScapeCon Events

Here's the ScapeCon Schedule!

Note that open play for both HeroScape and other games will always be allowed, assuming maps and tables are open.

For the VC-inclusive events, only VC units released on or before June 1st are legal.

Wednesday Evening 7PM

VCheese with Delta Pricing
See Chris' post in the above link- post there to sign up!

Thursday Morning 9AM

Good Ol’ Days
430 points, 16 figure limit. 4 rounds.
Official Classic Scape only.
Everyone must bring a $15-20 prize. At the end of the tourney, everyone will receive a prize (picking among those brought, plus the two top prizes). Please make the prize you bring something that people will want.

Reverse Draft
500 points, 18 figure limit. 4 rounds.
The Bidding Process:
Before the game, the two players roll the D20; high roll is Player A.
Player A chooses one of the two armies to play.
Player B then chooses to either let Player A play that army, OR removes at least one figure from that army and says they want to play with it.
The players go back and forth, removing additional figure(s) from the chosen army each time, until one player passes and lets the other player use it.
The player who passes plays the army that was not initially chosen (and plays it at full strength).

Thursday Afternoon 2PM

Anything Goes
600 points, 12 figure limit. 4 rounds.
Official Classic Scape allowed. OFFICIAL MARVEL SCAPE ALLOWED.

Betrayal
530 points, 20 figure limit. 4 rounds.
At the beginning of the game, each player simultaneously and secretly selects any one army card to steal ALL COPIES OF THAT CARD from their opponent (making it part of their army for that game). The figure limit only applies before figures are stolen, so bring a few extra hexes of grass/rock/sand terrain with you if your army is at or close to the 20 figure limit.

Thursday Evening 7PM

Multiplayer Mayhem
290 points, 14 figure limit. 4 rounds.
Games are free-for-all featuring three or four players. We will use maps specifically designed for three and four players.
Multiplayer scoring as follows:
Track the partial card scoring damage you do to opponents' units throughout the game. At the end of the game, or when time is called, the players are ranked in order of damage done. At a 4 player table, points for placing are 4, 2, 1, 0; at a 3 player table, they're 4, 2, 0. At the end of the 4-round event, add up all your placing scores to get your tournament score. In the event of a tie, the player with the greater total damage done wins (so keep a record of how much you did each game).

Friday Morning 9AM

VC 4x4 400
Bring four (4) armies. EACH ARMY: 400 points, 18 figure limit. No figures may be used in more than one army. 4 rounds.
Official Classic Scape allowed. VC (C3V AND SOV) CUSTOMS ALLOWED.
No army will be played more than once.

Sideboards
750 points. 4 rounds.
Before each game, both players reveal their army pools. Each player then secretly and simultaneously builds an army from their own pool following the parameters set out below:
420 points, 16 figure limit.

Friday Afternoon 2PM

ScapeCon Championship Day 1
510 points, 18 figure limit. 6 rounds.
Rounds 2, 4, and 6 are Reverse the Whip (switch armies with your opponent for that game). All players who go 4-2 or better advance to Day 2.

Friday Evening 8PM

ScapeCon Championship Day 2 Brackets
We'll have a March Madness-style competition where people can fill out a bracket with the Day 2 participants. Top bracket wins a prize.

Saturday Morning 9AM

ScapeCon Championship Day 2
Same armies as in the ScapeCon Championship Day 1.
Rounds 1 and 3 are Reverse the Whip. If fewer than 16 players make Day 2, first-round byes will be randomly awarded to the players who had the best Day 1 records (first 6-0s, then 5-1s, etc.).
Note: Day 2 is single-elimination with 90-minute rounds.

Saturday Morning 10:30AM

4x4 390
Bring four (4) armies. EACH ARMY: 390 points, 14 figure limit. No figures may be used in more than one army. 4 rounds.
No army will be played more than once.

Saturday Afternoon 3:30PM

General Wars
490 points, 24 figure limit. Only up to 195 points of the same common (not uncommon) may be brought. All figures must belong to the same general. Valkrill may be brought with any general. 4 rounds.

VC Bring 2 (Strike 1 Variant)
Bring two (2) armies. EACH ARMY: 440 points, 18 figure limit. No figures may be used in more than one army. 4 rounds.
Official Classic Scape allowed. VC (C3V AND SOV) CUSTOMS ALLOWED.
Before the game, the two players roll the D20; high roll chooses to be Player A or Player B.
Player A strikes one army (removing it from the pool of available armies for that game).
Player B selects one of the remaining three armies to play.
Player A selects one of the remaining two armies to play.

Saturday Evening 8PM

HeroScape Team Trivia Contest (details to come)

Sunday Morning 9AM

B+ and Under Three-Headed Hydra (Team Event)
EACH PLAYER: 445 points, 18 figure limit. No figures may be used in more than one army.
Only figures rated B+ and under in OEAO’s Power Rankings are allowed. 4 rounds.
Players compete in teams of three. Each round, your team will be paired against another team. The two teams will play three 1v1 games simultaneously; the team that wins 2 out of the 3 games gets the win for the round.
The Pairing Process:
The two teams will be assigned three maps to play on.
One player from each team rolls the D20; high roll chooses to be Team A or Team B.
Team A chooses one player from Team B that cannot play one person from Team A.
Following that one constraint, Team B then chooses all three matchups.
Finally, Team A chooses which map each matchup will be played on.

List of B+ and Under Units:
Note: if there is a discrepancy between this list and my ratings linked above, my ratings are correct. Please let me know if you find any such discrepancy.
Spoiler Alert!

See you all in Indy this summer!

Last edited by OEAO; July 23rd, 2021 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Multiplayer Event Added
Old April 11th, 2021, 04:33 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: ScapeCon Events

I see that for Sunday, you're using a variant of the Krayt Cup format, eh?
Old April 11th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

PLEASE NOTE: I goofed up. General Wars max of any common is 195, not 190.
Old April 11th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Much simplified from the "bring 7 lists" that I spent months prepping for for the Krayt Cup 5 Friday event last year...
Old April 11th, 2021, 04:36 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Much simplified from the "bring 7 lists" that I spent months prepping for for the Krayt Cup 5 Friday event last year...
Hopefully they do it again for 2022.
Old April 11th, 2021, 05:08 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Is the hero you steal supposed to be more than or less than 165 points?

Betrayal
530 points, 18 HEX limit. 4 rounds.
At the beginning of the game, each player simultaneously and secretly selects up to 165 points OR any one hero that costs more than 165 points to steal (making it part of their army for that game). You can only steal full cards of squads. If you bring two or more cards’ worth of commons, make sure to bring at least two army cards for them.
Old April 11th, 2021, 05:11 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post

Betrayal
At the beginning of the game, each player simultaneously and secretly selects up to 165 points OR any one hero that costs more than 165 points to steal (making it part of their army for that game). You can only steal full cards of squads. If you bring two or more cards’ worth of commons, make sure to bring at least two army cards for them.
You steal any combination of army cards that doesn't exceed 165 points OR you may steal one hero that is over 165 points.

IE, against 4x Rats, Raelin, Q9, you could steal:
4x Rats (160 points);
2x Rats and Raelin (160 points); or
Q9 (one hero exceeding 165 points).

I realize now that that was worded poorly, so I updated it.
Old April 11th, 2021, 05:16 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:

Betrayal
You steal any combination of army cards that doesn't exceed 165 points OR you may steal one hero that is over 165 points.

4x Rats (160 points);

That makes sense. Looks like a cool format.
When do the old men play?
Old April 11th, 2021, 05:17 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Betrayal

4x Rats (160 points);

That makes sense. Looks like a cool format.
When do the old men play?
Presumably all weekend long, barring bathroom and coffee breaks.

If you can get the players, you can run your Wise men tourney.
Old April 11th, 2021, 05:24 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Hooray! Good variety, well chosen. Now to figure out what I'd like to play in...

Good Ol' Days vs Reverse Draft: Never done reverse draft and I would like to try it, but I was hoping for prize-bringing like Good Ol' Days anyway. Leaning Good Ol' Days.

Anything Goes vs Betrayal: Betrayal sounds interesting and I'll have to come up with some army ideas and see if anything sounds good. I do like the occasional mixed Marvel game, though. Toss-up at the moment.

VC 4x4 400 vs Sideboards: Very happy to see VC events, and I do like 4x4, but Sideboards sounds really interesting. Tough choice, but leaning VC 4x4.

ScapeCon Championship: Hopefully everyone is playing in this!

General Wars vs VC Bring 2: Generally not a huge fan of General Wars, but like Betrayal I'll have to throw some ideas around and see if I like anything. Otherwise, again, there's a VC event and I do like Bring 2.

Three-Headed Hydra: I kinda feel bad for whoever is third head with @Deroche and I having to pick sides in our bickering (unless they'd rather be knocked out and let the two of us play their board Weekend at Bernie's style, then we can do that). Hope to see the maximum number of possible teams play this, too.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 11th, 2021, 06:13 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
There are six bugs with very strong skeletons that are big fans of this change.
Old April 11th, 2021, 06:15 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Quote:
There are six bugs with very strong skeletons that are big fans of this change.
Yes, yes there are.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon