Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 31st, 2007, 02:33 PM

TheDavisChanger has disabled reputation
Thanks Ares and Rev. I didn't know that Special Attacks did not benefit from height advantage. That changes things!
Old July 31st, 2007, 08:02 PM
has been BANNED

Ullar rocks 4553 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
If u think about it q9 is under priced,
height advantage over most people
3rd best range in the game
4 lives, and an awesome defense of 7
I don't think he should be worth 180
maybe 210
Old July 31st, 2007, 08:36 PM
has been BANNED

GoBigorGoHome is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
How can you assume height advantage. With 4 movement if anything your opponent will likely have the height
Old August 1st, 2007, 12:41 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigorGoHome
How can you assume height advantage. With 4 movement if anything your opponent will likely have the height
He has five move . And also Quiglex is not affected by hieght, so it's not as important to Q9.

Old August 1st, 2007, 01:12 AM

Mystyc has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
And also Quiglex is not affected by hieght, so it's not as important to Q9.
Well, it matters to the defender. Q9 may not get anything out of being higher, but he should still try to stay level.

Some scattered customs: Corona, Deathwalker 10000
Old August 6th, 2007, 12:22 AM

thedanielshow has disabled reputation
Here's something I'm wondering about Q9 that, in the long run, probably doesn't matter, but my inquisitive nature forces me to ask anyway. On Q9s left shoulder he has 11 symbols next to where his Vydar symbol is (Utgar, Utgar, Jandar, Utgar, Ullar, Ullar, Jandar, Jandar, Ullar, Jandar, Utgar). This might be a dumb question, but are these symbols for high ranking characters from these armies that Q9 has killed? And if that is the case, it would be awesome to know which ones. Also, why no Einar symbols?
Old August 6th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedanielshow
Here's something I'm wondering about Q9 that, in the long run, probably doesn't matter, but my inquisitive nature forces me to ask anyway. On Q9s left shoulder he has 11 symbols next to where his Vydar symbol is (Utgar, Utgar, Jandar, Utgar, Ullar, Ullar, Jandar, Jandar, Ullar, Jandar, Utgar). This might be a dumb question, but are these symbols for high ranking characters from these armies that Q9 has killed? And if that is the case, it would be awesome to know which ones. Also, why no Einar symbols?
Yes, those are some very cool kill-count markings.

Maybe Einar's oriental face emblem is unrecognizable when you shrink it down that small?
Old August 6th, 2007, 02:39 AM

thedanielshow has disabled reputation
Just got done with a game with my little brother and my friend. My little brother is becoming an avid Hulk fan. Hulk, so far, is probably the best figure against Q9 that I've seen in action. Hulk has the same power as Krug, only higher. I'm not sure if this was posted in this thread earlier. If so, I recieve head smack of shame :[

Oh well, Hulk is the best figure to use for Q9 haters.

EDIT: I read up on the rest of the thread, not much was said about Hulk XD
Anyway, a good Q9 killer stat would be some sort of an Agency Hacker that only affects Vydar soulborgs (like Isamu's dishonorable attack). It would either give the attacker an extra attack die against Vydarborgs, or more ideally, give them (the borgs) less defense.
Old August 21st, 2007, 04:34 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
Major Q9's Queglix Gun is the most flexible special attack in Heroscape. This post is to explain how to get the most bang for your buck out of it.

Against defense 0 squads, roll 1 attack die 9 times.
Against defense 1 squads, roll 1 attack die 9 times.
Against defense 2 squads, roll 2 attack dice 4 times and then 1 attack die 1 time.
Against defense 3+ squads, roll 3 attack dice 3 times.

Against heroes with more than one life roll 3 attack dice 3 times. If the hero has 1 life remaining use the same firing rules as for against squad figures.

Exceptions:
Against Stealth Dodge (Krav Maga at range), roll 1 attack die 9 times (regardless of defense bonuses).
Against Shields of Valor (Sentinels of Jandar), roll 1 attack die 9 times (regardless of defense bonuses).
Against One Shield Defense (Crixus), roll 2 attack dice 4 times and then 1 attack die 1 time (regardless of defense bonuses).
Old August 21st, 2007, 04:44 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sisyphus, are you sure that 2-2-2-2-1 is really mathematically strongest against defense 2 squads? I'm sure I remember reading somewhere on here that jumping from 1 die against defense 1 to 3 dice against defense 2 was preferable.
Old August 21st, 2007, 06:15 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
Quite sure.

Against defense 2 squads, an attack of 1 has 2/9 chance of a kill, an attack of 2 has a 4/9 chance of a kill and an attack of 3 has a 5/8 chance of a kill.

Code:
2-2-2-2-1 is (4/9) * 4 + 2/9 = average 2 kills per turn
3-3-3 is (5/8) * 3 = average 1.875 kills per turn

I don't know if anyone else on this site has done a probability analysis for Q9(not in this thread anyway) but most likely you heard that it is best to roll 9 1s against defense 2 figures and then roll 3 3s against defense 3 figures. This is because it is equally good to go 1-1-1... as it is to go 2-2-2-2-1 because (4/9)*4 + 2.9 = (2/9) * 9 = 2. However, it is not as time consuming to roll 2-2-2-2-1.
Old August 28th, 2007, 03:20 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The new movement rules for double-spaced figures indicate that it is now free to rotate a 2-space figure - no movement cost.

Is it me, or did Q9 just get a lot more manageable in picky terrain? Like this guy needs any more help...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units