Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old December 12th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Major Q9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megapower999 View Post
My brother asked me how cheap Q9 would be if he somehow had stealth flying. (Jetpack?)
Opinions?
The INSANITY two step.
1) Choose one of the most powerful units in the game.
2) Give him an additional power to make him even more dangerous.

Heck, I think Q9 would be more balanced if he was moved up to 200 points without any changes. With a stealth jetpack? I'd say 280-300, and then he should be playtested and adjusted.

And why stealth? Come on, admit it, your brother is in love with Q9 and wants to run him single handed against your whole army.
Old December 12th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

I gotta say, when it comes to Q9, I'm not all that impressed. I've taken him down fast in most games I've played against him, and if I draft him, he isn't good (probably my fault). I find Cyprien a lot scarier, heck, even Moltenclaw is better than Q9 most of the time. High life and lower defense can beat out the guys with high defense and low life because luck isn't as big an issue, because you come to rely on keeping the figure out of danger, not hoping you'll block all attacks.
Old June 16th, 2012, 04:15 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

I realized in a game a couple of weeks ago that Q9 has a good chance of killing Kravs at range. With his Special Attack, you can get nine shots off each turn. Since the only way to kill a Krav at range is for that Krav to roll blanks, you only need one skull to do the job. I say roll the dice one at a tie against the KMAs, they will strike out sooner than later.
Old June 16th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
I realized in a game a couple of weeks ago that Q9 has a good chance of killing Kravs at range. With his Special Attack, you can get nine shots off each turn. Since the only way to kill a Krav at range is for that Krav to roll blanks, you only need one skull to do the job. I say roll the dice one at a tie against the KMAs, they will strike out sooner than later.
It also works well against figures like the Sentinels of Jandar, where you just keep attacking them until they whiff. Doubled shields don't matter if you can't roll them in the first place.
Old December 14th, 2012, 06:40 PM

Zahza1234 Woo who?

This is my favourite hero by far
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:39 PM

Fabien Esenwein is surprisingly tart
Q9 kills everyone over time and is only trumped by other superpowers (ie: 4th mass, krug, AE...). He is definitely one of the best all-round units in the game.

Last edited by IAmBatman; July 28th, 2019 at 10:40 PM.
Old November 26th, 2021, 02:54 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

On Q9's card it says " . . . choose any figure in range and attack." Which led someone I was playing against to insist vehemently that it meant Q9 could attack non adjacent figures even while he was engaged. Could someone give me a proper explanation or hopefully a link to where the designers posted about the truth or lack thereof to this interpretation? This made an already broken design even more over powered and ruined a friendly, casual match.
Old November 26th, 2021, 05:01 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Baseline Rules

From the Underdark Rulebook. (the most up to date version of the rules)

Engaged figures: If one of your figures is engaged with one or more other
figures, your figure may attack only those figures. Note: A figure does not
need Line of Sight to attack a figure that it is engaged with or adjacent to

Special Attacks: Special attacks can never be modified by Glyphs, height
advantage, or other special powers. A special attack is used instead of a
normal attack.

In general, special powers don't break any base rules unless they explicitly say so. Admittedly, Scape wording is not the most precise but it's the base rules where it says it and special attacks and powers don't let you get around the rules unless it says so. (with an exception for things like Taelord's Stealth Flying which has been officially errataed to have the wording on Einar Imperium)

~Dysole, hoping that helps
Old November 26th, 2021, 05:58 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'll add to that that the legal principle that "[i]f there is a conflict between a general provision and a specific provision, the specific provision prevails." Dysole has given two general rules that indicate that an engaged figure's special attack cannot target a non-adjacent enemy. There is nothing *more specific* on the card that could be read to be creating an exception to those general rules.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; November 26th, 2021 at 05:58 PM. Reason: "Generalia specialibus non derogant," nerds. :)
Old January 14th, 2024, 08:52 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So I want to do a 16 card draft format with Q9 included and a ridiculous number of Q9 counters to make new players think Q9 is the worst figure in the game. What figures should I include? (Raelin and rats will not be present, so there actually could be a decent number of counters. It would be a 500 point, 16 figure format.) So far I'm thinking:

Axegrinders
Iron Golem
Nhah Scrih Cultists
Jotun
Omnicron Repulsors

Any other good ones? I'm thinking of including the Venoc Vipers as an Axegrinder counter and to make Q9 a feasible draft pick.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old January 14th, 2024, 09:08 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
So I want to do a 16 card draft format with Q9 included and a ridiculous number of Q9 counters to make new players think Q9 is the worst figure in the game. What figures should I include? (Raelin and rats will not be present, so there actually could be a decent number of counters. It would be a 500 point, 16 figure format.) So far I'm thinking:

Axegrinders
Iron Golem
Nhah Scrih Cultists
Jotun
Omnicron Repulsors

Any other good ones? I'm thinking of including the Venoc Vipers as an Axegrinder counter and to make Q9 a feasible draft pick.
Atlaga
Sonlen
Krug
Charos
Sudema

Old January 14th, 2024, 09:19 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post

Axegrinders
Iron Golem
Nhah Scrih Cultists
Jotun
Omnicron Repulsors

Atlaga
Sonlen
Krug
Charos
Sudema

Thank you for the suggestions, and thank you for inspiring the 16 card draft format! Sonlen and Sudema would get mowed down by Q9, though. Not sure about Charos, either. Atlaga with Minions of Utgar would be an awesome pick. Krug is a definite counter to Q9, he's in.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units