Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Official Rules and FAQs Compilation and discussion of AotP Rules and Frequently Asked Questions.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #133  
Old October 24th, 2015, 05:37 PM
wriggz's Avatar
wriggz wriggz is offline
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian
 
Join Date: January 15, 2009
Location: Canada - Ontario - Toronto
Posts: 3,551
Images: 25
wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: AotP Question Dump

Can Liliana attack after using Snuff out?


wriggz's custom Figures and Terrain

Have a Question? Take it to the Dump.

Want to Learn More? Go to the Library.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old October 24th, 2015, 06:05 PM
GaryLASQ's Avatar
GaryLASQ GaryLASQ is offline
Spin Master
 
Join Date: May 9, 2006
Location: IL - Bartlett
Posts: 2,933
Images: 5
GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: AotP Question Dump

Snuff Out does not say "instead of attacking", so that must mean, yes she can also attack.

The one thing that is not clear to me is timing. Since there are no timing restrictions with this ability, I would say she can use it at anytime after her army card has been chosen; before moving, after moving and before attacking or after attacking. However, could you do something like choose her army card, do Snuff Out first, then play a spell card(s) and/or summon, then move (action 3)?? Or finish attacking (action 4), then play a spell card(s), then do a Snuff out, then end turn?? Looking closely at the rules makes it seem like all of the above timings are acceptable.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old October 31st, 2015, 01:27 PM
TREX's Avatar
TREX TREX is offline
"like" happy
 
Join Date: February 24, 2010
Location: USA-ID-Preston
Posts: 8,115
TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: AotP Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Snuff Out does not say "instead of attacking", so that must mean, yes she can also attack.

The one thing that is not clear to me is timing. Since there are no timing restrictions with this ability, I would say she can use it at anytime after her army card has been chosen; before moving, after moving and before attacking or after attacking. However, could you do something like choose her army card, do Snuff Out first, then play a spell card(s) and/or summon, then move (action 3)?? Or finish attacking (action 4), then play a spell card(s), then do a Snuff out, then end turn?? Looking closely at the rules makes it seem like all of the above timings are acceptable.
As long as you are using her for your turn I would think you can snuff a figure out sometime during her turn. Generally before attacking we play any cards and or abilities before we attack and end with the attack, but you are right about it not really specifying. Hence attacking a figure and then snuffing them out from the damage done to them.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old November 2nd, 2015, 03:47 PM
Kajoq Kajoq is offline
 
Join Date: August 31, 2015
Location: USA - GA - Atlanta
Posts: 209
Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!
Re: AotP Question Dump

How are you guys handling playing with more than one planeswalker per player?

Did a game last night with 2 Planeswalkers each, shuffled both decks entirely together and used that as my library (24 cards instead of 12), and a player could activate ANY army card on each of their turns.

Have also played once or twice where it was more like each individual was playing as 2 players and had to alternate back and forth. One Red Army Card and only Red army cards available followed by a turn of One Green Army card and only green army cards available for example.

I think the 1st example worked better all around. The larger library meant you actually had to make some choices in your timing with cards and you were less likely to have a squad just die before it did anything if you had to leave it stationary for 2 full turns before it came back to that color.

Hopefully the Eldrazi exapnsion gives us more cohesive rules for deckbuilding
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old November 2nd, 2015, 06:00 PM
HeroTempest HeroTempest is offline
 
Join Date: November 2, 2015
Location: Brazil - Paraná - Curitiba
Posts: 43
HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker
Re: AotP Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post
How are you guys handling playing with more than one planeswalker per player?

Did a game last night with 2 Planeswalkers each, shuffled both decks entirely together and used that as my library (24 cards instead of 12), and a player could activate ANY army card on each of their turns.

Have also played once or twice where it was more like each individual was playing as 2 players and had to alternate back and forth. One Red Army Card and only Red army cards available followed by a turn of One Green Army card and only green army cards available for example.

I think the 1st example worked better all around. The larger library meant you actually had to make some choices in your timing with cards and you were less likely to have a squad just die before it did anything if you had to leave it stationary for 2 full turns before it came back to that color.

Hopefully the Eldrazi exapnsion gives us more cohesive rules for deckbuilding
I'd stick with the 2nd option: control 2 planeswalkers individually as a 2 vs 2 battle. Each one with its own deck of 12 cards taking its own turn as usual.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old November 2nd, 2015, 09:13 PM
Confred's Avatar
Confred Confred is offline
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect
 
Join Date: April 26, 2008
Location: USA - VA
Posts: 2,541
Images: 439
Blog Entries: 3
Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AotP Question Dump

I've thought about this also, first thinking each figure gets its own deck, but that method takes up more board space. The way the cards are worded, instead of saying this Planeswalker they say a Planeswalker you control, i think the decks should be shuffled. If so, are the decks still limited to 12 cards?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old November 2nd, 2015, 11:34 PM
TREX's Avatar
TREX TREX is offline
"like" happy
 
Join Date: February 24, 2010
Location: USA-ID-Preston
Posts: 8,115
TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: AotP Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
I've thought about this also, first thinking each figure gets its own deck, but that method takes up more board space. The way the cards are worded, instead of saying this Planeswalker they say a Planeswalker you control, i think the decks should be shuffled. If so, are the decks still limited to 12 cards?
I've thought about this as well. This is the way I'm thinking of doing it. Shuffle both colors together, if only 12 cards, shuffle them together and pick 12 randomly. Then on your turn you choose a red PW or a Blue PW or either squads to use, draw a card and use it to the best of your ability. If you pull a blue card, you may strategize towards using blue, if red, go that way. That seems like it would be fun. With this game you don't use turn markers anyway, you just pick a character to take a turn with. @Kajog, may be right about a new manual that teaches how to deck build with the expansion. Expansion...
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old November 3rd, 2015, 09:18 AM
Kajoq Kajoq is offline
 
Join Date: August 31, 2015
Location: USA - GA - Atlanta
Posts: 209
Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!
Re: AotP Question Dump

I believe they intend the deck to be only 12 cards no matter what, when we did it we shuffled all 24 together and started with 4 in hand and it felt a lot better as there was still a chunk of your deck you wouldn't see instead of knowing you were going to go through every card eventually and get exactly what you needed
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old November 3rd, 2015, 09:46 PM
Confred's Avatar
Confred Confred is offline
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect
 
Join Date: April 26, 2008
Location: USA - VA
Posts: 2,541
Images: 439
Blog Entries: 3
Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AotP Question Dump

I think if the decks have both colors, the activations remain the same. You can still cast red spells but activate your blue Planeswalker. But if Chandra were to die, those red cards would be dead cards. Likewise I think the 3 spell and 2 summon limit remains in place. You could summon a Firecat within 5 spaces of Chandra and a phantom within 5 spaces of Jace

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old December 7th, 2015, 08:49 AM
HeroTempest HeroTempest is offline
 
Join Date: November 2, 2015
Location: Brazil - Paraná - Curitiba
Posts: 43
HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker
Re: AotP Question Dump

Now that expansion is out, how do you guys think of managing people that want to play with same colours pw? A draft for deckbuiding?
I'm getting 2 core sets and a expansion, so 2 players of same color identity can play at same time, but the cards are limited. I'm thinking in drafting cards among players. What do you think?

And..
Does the deck must contain 12 cards capped at 200 points? Or I could build one with less cards, but more powerfull spells?
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old December 7th, 2015, 09:04 AM
bradtato bradtato is offline
 
Join Date: February 24, 2012
Location: USA - Virginia - Glen Allen
Posts: 60
bradtato knows what's in an order marker bradtato knows what's in an order marker
Re: AotP Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTempest View Post
Now that expansion is out, how do you guys think of managing people that want to play with same colours pw? A draft for deckbuiding?
I'm getting 2 core sets and a expansion, so 2 players of same color identity can play at same time, but the cards are limited. I'm thinking in drafting cards among players. What do you think?

And..
Does the deck must contain 12 cards capped at 200 points? Or I could build one with less cards, but more powerfull spells?


Drafting seems like a good plan, especially down the road when there's more expansions available. The rulebook specifies your spell deck MUST contain EXACTLY 12 cards, and that those 12 cards CANNOT exceed 200 points.


I've actually played a game with a friend where we each used two Planeswalkers, with one single 24 card, 400 point spell deck. We could activate either of our colors on our turn, but whichever color we chose to activate was the color spell we could play that turn. The depth of strategy in that came was mind blowing, because something as simple a a card drawn at the beginning of your turn can (and did) completely alter your plan of action. I'm so ready to be able to house-rule spell deck sizes.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old December 7th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Confred's Avatar
Confred Confred is offline
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect
 
Join Date: April 26, 2008
Location: USA - VA
Posts: 2,541
Images: 439
Blog Entries: 3
Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AotP Question Dump

After making tons of customs, the 12 cards / 200 points limit is an important part of the balancing act. However, it can be easily house ruled.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here. wriggz Official Rules & FAQ's 11485 January 3rd, 2022 02:24 PM
Official Site Question Dump Joseph Sweeney Scapers Online 660 September 5th, 2021 02:21 PM
The HoSS Question Dump Balantai Heroes of Star Wars Scape 265 February 27th, 2021 03:17 PM
C3V/SoV Question Dump Ninja Status C3V and SoV Customs 19 January 24th, 2021 11:18 AM
The Official GENERAL Question Dump Alex Karasavidis General 0 August 5th, 2013 10:03 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:33 PM.

Heroscape background footer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.