Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 5th, 2021, 06:22 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Casters of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Since OEAO decided to delete my amazingly convincing argument against TKN, what are people's thoughts on he being in the B+?
I was a little sad this got deleted. Maybe it could be released as a special short episode at some point if the recording is still around?

TKN always ended up being underwhelming when it came time to perform. He was awesome and intimidating at the beginning, but that usually just turned him into target number 1, and would get taken out before getting a chance to shine.

I can definitely see a lot of my impression of him getting chalked up to inexperience however.
I think B+ is the right place for TKN (or at least very close to that).

For me, the ranking system is a way of denoting how many matchups go well / badly / neutrally for a given figure and/or the best army build they are a meaningful component of.

TKN/Nagrubs/Raelin has the ability to just absolutely smash a lot of the non-top tier armies. 7 defense + healing is a combo that a lot of low attack squads just can't crack. Nagrubs with TKN kinda play similar to Blades w/ Grimnak in that manner; you've got cheap squaddies to keep your hero alive and kicking.

It's definitely an army that's harder to run well (most that aren't based around massed squads are though, because when you have a central figure that important any time you risk that figure you can just instant lose), but when run well it can really just eat through most of the worse commons. I.e. mistakes with TKN (or any hero-central build) are more costly than when you have 20 4th mass. But I don't think that should have much (if any) effect on power rankings, since power rankings are more about the potential of the figure/build.

On the flip side, squads that hit harder can eat through the nagrubs fast enough to make TKN run out of lives quicker, and so most of the armies above B+ have favorable matchups going into TKN.

Those are my thoughts at least. But I'm far from the best TKN player out there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion