Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 7th, 2007, 09:49 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Kaemon Awa

The Book of Kaemon Awa
Dawn of Darkness - Collection 6 - "Heroes of Durgeth"

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: "Tensely drawn bow string,... Swift arrows release and soar,... Few are left standing
Hateful sword striking,... Kaemon Awa quickly draws,... Awa is faster"

- A pair of haiku writ of Kaemon Awa in battle.

Kaemon Awa fervently fighting on the field of battle is a thing of deadly beauty. It inspires allies to brave feats, and terrifies foes to shameful retreat. Arrows fly from his bow at an unbelievable pace. Enemies are not safe from afar, and less so from up close, for Awa is even more lethal with his sword drawn.
(Hasbro)

Yes, the only time the Kaemon Awa’ Counter Strike is negated is against other Samurai. All other figures that have counterstrike can still be affected by it unless otherwise stated on their card. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - HATAMOTO TARO : Heroic Defense Aura
    As Samurai, Kaemon Awa may benefit from Hatamoto Taro’s HEROIC DEFENSE AURA

- KATO KATSURO : Kato Katsuro's Command
    As a Samurai Hero, Kaemon Awa may benefit from Kato Katsuro's KATO KATSURO'S COMMAND activation synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - SACRED BAND : Disciplined Army Defense Bonus
    Having a Disciplined personality, Kaemon Awa may aid the Sacred Band with their DISCIPLINED ARMY
    DEFENSE BONUS
    *NOTE: See The Book of Sacred Band for proper application.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Rankings

Jexik: Kaemon Awa- A great late-game mop-up hero, Kaemon can single-handedly take out much of an opponent's army. A-

OEAO: A-

Cleon: Tier 9 (23/208)

dok (VC inclusive): A-

Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 19th, 2019 at 11:47 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 10th, 2007, 04:03 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homba
Reply on Kaemon Awa and Nilfheim's special attack followed by "may attack (x) additional time(s)." Can the "additional attack(s)" be normal or special attacks at the player's option?

Hasbro answer: No. The additonal attacks must be special attacks.

Quote:
Response (Chris) 12/15/2006 08:19 AM
When you decide to use a Special Attack instead of a normal attack, you cannot attack with the normal attack that turn unless it specifically says so in the wording. In these 2 cases (Nilfheim and Kaemon Awa), you've begun with the Special Attack. Any subsequent attacks that round would also be with the Special Attack.
This may be a nice addition to the Rulings and Clarifications section?

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old June 6th, 2007, 06:36 AM

GIR has disabled reputation
Kaemon Awa is one of my favorited units and I thought of tips and tricks with him. I was going to post this as a seperate topic but figured it would just get deleted.

Kaemon Awa is powerful and with range and four attacks he can take out units with a defense of 3 or less easily. When dealing with more powerful units with more life or defense, don't bring him closer to the unit if it has no range. If it does have range go closer and use his special attack. He is best used as a mid- game hero to take out heavy hitters or powereful melee units. He can be used as melee or range depending on the situation. One problem is his life.

Units that work well against him would be units that have powerful ranged attacks like Syvarris and KMA, or AE. You could also use Nilfeim. In one game Nilfeim took out Kaemon Awa and Major Q9 in one turn with his special attack.

Units that work well with him would be ranged units that can last long like the KMA, Nakita Agents, or the Marro Warriors. Units to protect from powerful ranged attacks help too. Units like the Nakita Agents and Raelin would be helpful. To stop swarms of vipers and 4ht mass use the rats. They can tie up the units and then Kaemon Awa can get close enough to use his special attack without being engaged. He can also be usesd as a front line like Syvarris. Use theracas to get him to a passing point for enemies and get him height advantage. He can rain down some arrows as the enemy passes below. Here are some armies.

400pts.
Kaemon Awa 120
Nakita Agents 120
Raelin 80
Rats 2 80

Stop the opponent with the rats and bring all the rest of your units into battle. Keep one Nakita Agent next to Kaemon Awa and Raelin. Use Kaemon Awa with his powerful attack and double attack to destroy the units engaged to the rats. Then wait for the rest of the enemy to come and destroy them with a head on battle. The problem with this army is it is just one big wave of attack. In most armies your sending unit after unit but not this army. For a 500pt. build I would just add the KMA. They can be the first wave and then the rats which would not be expected. You would tie up the enemies melee and maybe some range but you'd have an advantage. Okay, that's all I have to say.

I like waffles!
Old June 7th, 2007, 09:34 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce3062
My favorite figure in the game. Nuf' said.
What isn't Kaemon good for? He has a sweet special attack, strong ranged attack, decent melee attack, and pretty good defense. Plus, he's disciplined.
Old July 20th, 2007, 10:55 AM

Warrior of Einar has disabled reputation
ole Kaemon has the potential to whoop some toosh if given the chance! back him up with Brunak or Theracus and this guy can get some where in a hurry.

Kaemon has got a good offense and defense that is rarely seen in any other fig. He's got a bow that can attack up to 2 times, plus if someone gets real close and attacks he can potentially harm them with counterstrike. He's probably my favorite character so far!

+ dragon = kick butt
Old August 8th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Just got him today, and played a game with him. Very good unit, and was a great match for Cyprien, though he fell to Kee-Mo-shi when the two unholy warriors teamed up. But after the dust had cleared, Kaemon had earned his points and then some. Very solid; not very flashy, but he gets the job done.
Old August 8th, 2007, 05:23 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I love him, although my experience with him vs cyprien is not to his advantage. Cyprien chilled him dead before he did anything.
Old August 8th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Well, Cyprien was pretty banged up by some others by then, and was running around killing squaddies. Kaemon kept him around 4/5 damage, even after most of his archers were frozen/bitten. So while he'll fall to Cyprien head-to-head, he can keep him "Out of my Yard" so to speak.
Old August 9th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Solid. He's reason enough to buy the Heroes of Durgeth. He's like Nilfheim without big annoying wings. He can also hit the same guy twice.
Old August 10th, 2007, 07:56 AM

CaptainJack102 has disabled reputation
I see Kaemon Awa as being one of the best defenders, stick him behind a unit of samurai and they can take the brunt of enemy attacks while softens them up for close encounters

add a drop of lavender to your bath and soon you will soak yourself calm
Old October 7th, 2007, 02:01 PM

marro_master has disabled reputation
whenever my bro and me play he ALWAYS picks kaemon, well c'mon can u blame him? he is the coolest samurai out there, and he "owns" his little archer squad that helps him fight

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old October 10th, 2007, 06:48 PM

Overlord Hikash is surprisingly tart
My absolute favorite looking sculpt. Colorful, and just... well... cool looking. Always performed, too. Low health... but I find that no-one really gets to him. Very solid range with 4 attack. Works for me. If they get closer, just pelt them with the Quick Release. I pretty much always draft him in a 600 or so point army. Him, the Tagawa Samurai, and then pick around from there. Usually the commander of my army.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units