Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 10th, 2021, 12:56 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Statesman (public playtest)

Updated his personality to Unyielding.
Old May 10th, 2021, 10:17 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Almost forgot about these. Here be the Statesman pics
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 10th, 2021, 10:56 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

My man. Thanks!
Old May 15th, 2021, 12:15 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Statesman

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Statesman (350), Positron, Manticore (700) VS Luke Cage (190), Spider-Man (250), Iron Fist (260) (700)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Statesman (350), Positron, Manticore, Batman (JL) (950) VS Captain Cold (II), Trickster (James Jesse), Golden Glider, Plunder, Abra Kadabra, Tar Pit, Weather Wizard (950)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: The trio is fun, I like how they interact. Statesman felt like the weakest of the bunch though (for his cost). He requires the OMs typically since the others have range and can more easily attack without moving with Freedom Phalanx. Hammer of Justice is a nice special attack, but I think you can power it up a tad. I’d let him move people without inflicting wounds or allow him to use it more than once per round.

Overall I felt they were a fun army, just Statesman felt like he needs a slight boost to feel worth it. Batman didn’t feel useful in my one game, but he certainly would have, had my rolls been different - it just didn’t line up in my game. And looking at the other tests, I don’t even know if a tweak for Statesman is necessary at all, as the army performed well elsewhere. So I’m fine just moving on as-is with that in mind too. Great work on these 3 designs!

Last edited by Arch-vile; May 15th, 2021 at 07:29 PM. Reason: typo
Old May 15th, 2021, 06:43 PM

Thanks Arch! I wasn’t getting a lot out of Hammer of Justice either, I could see it moving without wounding.
@Dr. Jekyll do you have any thoughts on Hammer of Justice?

He’s 3-5 in PTs right now which is ok, it seems like people generally think they’re fun to play which is the most important thing here for me. But I’ll wait for one more to come in and see what they think as well before moving on from public testing.

Last edited by FreshFoods; May 15th, 2021 at 08:23 PM.
Old May 15th, 2021, 10:31 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry for the delayed response. Maybe something like this would work. No longer do you need to inflict wounds, and you may use it more than once per round.

Let me know what you think Fresh, and thanks for asking for my insight. I feel special now

Quote:
HAMMER OF JUSTICE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
All figures adjacent to Statesman are affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with this special attack, if you rolled 1 or more skulls, place all affected figures on any empty space within 2 spaces of its original placement. A figure moved by this special attack does not take leaving engagement attacks.
Old May 16th, 2021, 07:50 PM

Dig that version of HoJ Jekyll! I think that lets the Hammer of Justice > Neutron Bomb combo happen more often.

I like the once per round to represent cooldowns in an MMO, but if this power doesn’t need it it’s fine. I’ll update the SP
Old June 7th, 2021, 04:12 PM

Got Game 1 in from @JoshuaQuinn ! He feels Statesman is missing some of that tank feel, but his team pulled the victory.

Quote:
Name of Test Unit: Statesman

Army Test 1
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: Statesman, Positron, Manticore, Captain America (OG), Winter Soldier vs Teen Titans Nightwing, Cyborg, Changeling, Starfire, Raven, Kid Flash

The match started with a mark on Nightwing and then an over zealous Kid Flash running into enemy lines. That distraction led to a battle for an initiative glyph at the heart of the sacred shrine, between Statesman, Manticore and Kid Flash. Statesman had a hard time handling the Kid Flash but eventually was able to control the glyph and leave Manticore behind to guard and poach from a distance. While they were busy with that Cap, W.S. and Positron were keeping the rest of the Teen Titans busy. Eventually, Statesmen re-entered the fight in between Starfire and Nightwing. His goal was to position them in an ideal position for Positron to use his neutron bomb but Statesmen seemed incapable of rolling skulls. In the end Statesmen was quickly taken out and from that point on it was a back and forth and battle of attrition resulting in Team Cap winning.

Thoughts: Statesman was okay, but for the 350 point grab I don't think I would take him again. He has high defense and attach, yeah but honestly not so much that it was a huge advantage against the likes of Starfire or Cyborg with height advantage. His life of 5 was quickly used up and I never really got to use his Tank feature. I wanted to several times but unfortunately, I didn't have the life to give to the cause, so it seemed kind of not worth it. If Tank would add a shield to the adjacent figure, or Statesman could heal or he had a life of 7-8 that would have helped. Hercules is a similar hero and a point value of 360 with the similar attack and defense but way more life. The Freedom Phalanx was fun to use and really helpful especially once the characters were grouped up and in battle. I thought several times that I wish I had the option to move instead of attach with another character. That freedom would have helped. For me his point value alone I wouldn't play again, he just didn't feel very powerful.

I think he could be really fun to play, I like the interchange he had with Manticore and Positron and see potential. I like the idea of using the Tank attack to position people for a Positron Bomb.

Thanks for letting me playtest. I plan on finishing the second one tomorrow. But I think I am going to find similar stuff. The tank will hopefully be more useful.
@IAmBatman , still very open to getting playtests from you as well if that's cool.
Old June 7th, 2021, 04:16 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My plan is to run them tonight. Got it all set up on TTS, but League Play took my window last night.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 7th, 2021, 07:30 PM

Thanks Bats!
Old June 7th, 2021, 08:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Caught a quick grammatical typo:

HAMMER OF JUSTICE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
All figures adjacent to Statesman are affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with this special attack, if you rolled 1 or more skulls, place each affected figure on any empty space within 2 spaces of its original placement. A figure moved by this special attack does not take leaving engagement attacks.

Suggested change in bold so the pronoun and antecedent match.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 7th, 2021, 09:10 PM

Nice catch, Updated SP.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library