Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Notices

View Poll Results: Which map(s) are the best!? (Choose 3)
Drider 18 51.43%
Refraction 5 14.29%
Fen Hydro 6 17.14%
Parallel 15 42.86%
Wyrmspine Gate 10 28.57%
Goat Path 7 20.00%
Sacrifice 10 28.57%
Trashin' the Camp 6 17.14%
By Babylon's River 13 37.14%
Island of Nazibarr 8 22.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 12th, 2020, 03:37 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
WINNER!!! - Spartan Scrolls

DRIDER
by Ulysses

Download Requires: 1 BftU and 1 FotA
As you and your party struggle through the rough-hewn, labyrinthine passageways of the Underdark, the walls begin to open up, and just as you feel a prickle on your neck, your boot finds an uneven step. With an echoing crunch, you look down to see what appears to be the molted exoskeleton of some sort of giant black arachnid. You lift your torch to see a yawning cavern with smooth walls and stalagmites carved in the likeness of the drow queen, Lolth. ‘Drider territory!’ you croak to your party as they ready their weapons.

Congratulations @Ulysses on the #1 Map in the ARV Spartan Scrolls map building contest!!! Contact @Nomad to collect your prize.

And another huge thanks to all who participated in both the contest AND the voting!!! We had 35 voters, one of our biggest yet! It's exciting to see such a great turnout and we look forward to our next contest. In the meantime, head on over to the workshop thread if you want some help on your map.

Thanks All!!!

~ARV

Original Post
Spoiler Alert!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; April 19th, 2020 at 04:16 PM.
Old April 12th, 2020, 03:43 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: VOTE NOW!! - TOP 10 - Spartan Scrolls

Remember the winner get's their choice of a Custom set of ARV Dice!!!
Option#1

Option#2

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 12th, 2020, 06:54 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great work cartographers!

This was the toughest time we have had trying to narrow the field down to 10 maps. We spent hours discussing and debating.

With so many deserving maps, it really came down to the fine-tuning and slight differences in the balance of the maps. For those not in the top-10, we encourage you to post in the workshop thread.

Thanks again. Long live Heroscape!
Old April 13th, 2020, 12:17 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I’d be interested in somebody a little better than me going through and giving their opinions on some of these maps. Maybe @dok or @OrcElfArmyOne ? I can understand the judges not wanting to give too much bias.

I’ll probably drop my (feeble) thoughts in this thread tomorrow.
Old April 13th, 2020, 01:27 AM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Not sure if anyone else is having issues, but I have one vote to cast (I've already submitted 2), but I don't have access to the form any longer, it just shows results.
Old April 13th, 2020, 01:42 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I’d be interested in somebody a little better than me going through and giving their opinions on some of these maps. Maybe @dok or @OrcElfArmyOne ? I can understand the judges not wanting to give too much bias.

Is there a quick link to topdowns or build instructions for all of these? I'm reluctant to publicly judge them when I'm not totally sure I'm seeing the whole map correctly from the one image.
Old April 13th, 2020, 01:52 AM

wumpis is surprisingly tart

This is a question for one of the judges. I noticed my map didn’t make the cut which I expected since I am new to the game. However I was wondering if you had any tips on how I could improve the map and ideas to make it better. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old April 13th, 2020, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

Is there a quick link to topdowns or build instructions for all of these? I'm reluctant to publicly judge them when I'm not totally sure I'm seeing the whole map correctly from the one image.
The Submissions Archive has all of the maps and their build instruction links:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=54000

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 13th, 2020, 09:50 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumpis View Post
This is a question for one of the judges. I noticed my map didn’t make the cut which I expected since I am new to the game. However I was wondering if you had any tips on how I could improve the map and ideas to make it better. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Absolutely! We hope you everyone who didn't make it into the top ten will take advantage of our Workshop Thread - located here. You'll notice that there are a few instructions there to follow.

Forgive the formality - but it helps to keep everything in the same spot so we're not chasing around multiple threads to workshop maps with people.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old April 13th, 2020, 09:51 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Not sure if anyone else is having issues, but I have one vote to cast (I've already submitted 2), but I don't have access to the form any longer, it just shows results.
What Superfrog said on Discord was right. So everyone who still has yet to vote, make sure you do it all at once!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old April 16th, 2020, 01:25 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A lot of these maps seem either way too cramped (full of chokepoints) or way too open (lots of spots without line of sight blockers). I feel like there are a few real standouts that do a good job of balancing these two extremes.
Old April 18th, 2020, 04:28 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
A lot of these maps seem either way too cramped (full of chokepoints) or way too open (lots of spots without line of sight blockers). I feel like there are a few real standouts that do a good job of balancing these two extremes.
Parallel and Wyrmspine Gate are the clear stand outs for me. Several others look promising with some tweaks. Regardless, this is a popularity contest, not a playability contest, and in your average casual game, balance doesn't matter much anyway.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla