Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old December 26th, 2018, 03:32 PM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Lobster's Public Design Workshop

Updated the OP with Astral Dr. Strange. I’d love to hear anyone’s thoughts as there are a bunch of directions you could go with that guy.
Old December 26th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby!

I’d want to see him be able to do a bit more. Right now he’ll mostly just be a minor engagement annoyance if you want to take all the effort to get him across the battlefield. Then he dies in probably 3 hits and you’re done. Yeah he’s cheap, but for 10 points more there’s Atom who can do a lot of the same stuff but without eating up OMs.

I wouldn’t mind him being a tad more expensive if it meant he got a soul-y utility power, and yeah, maybe some text to make it feel more like Strange’s soul instead of a different character.
Old December 26th, 2018, 04:48 PM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was thinking he could be drafted without Strange as well as a cheap spell caster. Right now if you draft him with Strange you can keep Strange in your SZ and cast spells with his Astral Form. I’m definitely open to ideas though!
Old January 8th, 2019, 08:19 AM

So it seems like my draft for an Astral Strange isn’t too hot. What about a Strange that is cheaper and can only attack with spells? That would be kind of different and with an attack of zero, he would be cheap to afford some attack spells. Trying to think outside the box, thoughts?
Old January 8th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I can never seem to get value out of spells, so it would be cool to see a design that can milk them for more value.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 8th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would not worry too much about lack of input. Between the holidays and flood of designs posted recently I think people are a bit burned out.
Old January 8th, 2019, 09:00 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Definitely a big slowdown period right now.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 8th, 2019, 10:55 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I would not worry too much about lack of input. Between the holidays and flood of designs posted recently I think people are a bit burned out.
Would it help if I slowed down posting designs? I’m easily one of the top design “flooders” right now and if that’s hurting other people I’ll happily tone that down a bit.
Old January 8th, 2019, 12:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
So it seems like my draft for an Astral Strange isn’t too hot. What about a Strange that is cheaper and can only attack with spells? That would be kind of different and with an attack of zero, he would be cheap to afford some attack spells. Trying to think outside the box, thoughts?
That's an interesting idea. When I made Enchantress II part of the motivation was to make her cheaper than Enchantress I so you could draft spells with her, but then the other bigger motivator was I wanted a design that made it logical to draft and play Enchantress & Executioner together so she's still not a cheap figure.

I wouldn't go with an attack of 0, he should still be able to punch and kick someone if his powers get negated somehow or he just runs out of spells, but no ranged attack and a low base attack would make the SA spells more attractive for sure. We talked about a Strange II a few times and as the top spell casting guy we figured it would have some spell related powers.

Similar to how Damion can break the rules and cast two Hellfire spells per turn, maybe have him cast any two common spells per turn? Another approach could be to have you not discard common spells when you cast them while he is in play, so you would only need to draft one copy of the common spells but you could use them as much as needed. Another spell related idea would be giving him the ability to 'copy' a spell he sees, so when an opponent plays and discards a unique spell he would be able to place that spell into his pile. That one is a little dicey on the theme though since the spell pile is universally used by all your MD figures rather then it just being Strange's pile alone. Something to think about though.
Old January 8th, 2019, 12:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I can never seem to get value out of spells, so it would be cool to see a design that can milk them for more value.

That's unfortunate. I'll say that I haven't had very much luck with the non-Hellfire SA spells when I draft them, getting blocked more often then getting hits for sure, but since they only cost 5 points I don't really get bothered by it. I mostly use the Lighting Bolt spell on a target that is out of my normal attack range anyway so it's an attack roll I would not have otherwise made. I know one of these times I'm going to roll all skulls and fry someone, I hope its Toad. Then I mostly draft Final Ruin and Condemn. They don't always get used but when they do the 1W they inflict is pretty nice. Condemn is the more consistent one for me when I'm play testing as I have a love/hate relationship with the d20, it likes to roll 1's and 2's on me quite often. I just used the Vapors spell in my Constantine tests and it certainly was nice to have in that specific match-up, the Arrow team was tearing my guys up from long range and Vapors bought me a round of relief from the barrage.
Old January 8th, 2019, 12:27 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't tend to draft the non-Hellfire attack spells a lot, but the utility spells I actually find quite useful.

My Family's Classic Customs
- A Prophecy Fulfilled
=====================
Old January 8th, 2019, 12:31 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

I've only used them about a half dozen times so far and had more blocks than successes. But I similarly have had limited success with cheap squaddies like the Fire Ants and Rat Swarms.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project