Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old December 15th, 2018, 11:36 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 knows what's in an order marker ALEXAN2507 knows what's in an order marker ALEXAN2507 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
You say they fought Batman to a standstill. Did they fight him individually or was it a group of them that fought him to a standstill. If it's the latter, shouldn't they add up to 250-300ish?

Honestly, my memory is fuzzy and vague. I can't remember if it was the group, or a one-on-one
Old December 15th, 2018, 11:37 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

From the synopsis I just read of the crossover, looks like Black Ranger attacked Batman, who was a bit reluctant to fight him due to thinking something was up (detective skills, y'all) but after Black Ranger put up a respectable fight, Batman pretty handily put him down, then the Power Rangers showed up en masse and Batman felt pretty out-manned and tactically retreated for back up.

So as a group they're certainly above Batman's power level, but one-on-one I'd say they're certainly below. Since Batman is in about the 200-250 range, I'd say they should probably be 200 max with weaker ones solidly below that.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 15th, 2018, 11:40 PM

ALEXAN2507 knows what's in an order marker ALEXAN2507 knows what's in an order marker ALEXAN2507 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
From the synopsis I just read of the crossover, looks like Black Ranger attacked Batman, who was a bit reluctant to fight him due to thinking something was up (detective skills, y'all) but after Black Ranger put up a respectable fight, Batman pretty handily put him down, then the Power Rangers showed up en masse and Batman felt pretty out-manned and tactically retreated for back up.

So as a group they're certainly above Batman's power level, but one-on-one I'd say they're certainly below. Since Batman is in about the 200-250 range, I'd say they should probably be 200 max with weaker ones solidly below that.

I'd argue Jason and Tommy could justify being over 200 at least
Old December 15th, 2018, 11:43 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby!

It sounds to me like we have a Batman fanboy and a Rangers fanboy arguing about who is more powerful.

On a side-note, does anyone have ideas for Monica Rambeau? I think I have an okay plan for a Nextwave leadership power, but I'm not that familiar with the character or how her actual super powers work.
Old December 16th, 2018, 09:02 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
It sounds to me like we have a Batman fanboy and a Rangers fanboy arguing about who is more powerful.
You'd think, but I appear to have actually underestimated things based on my reading of that synopsis. @Tornado shared a review of the actual comic panels he read with me and it really makes it sound like Batman was easily countering them as a group and fighting them to a standstill before calling for backup (after fairly easily dispatching Black Ranger by himself). This tells me that 200 would be way too high for any of them.

Also, from what Heroes have been saying in the sanctum, I think y'all will have a tough time on selling most of them on any >150 point Power Ranger designs (other than, I'd assume, the Zords).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 16th, 2018, 10:12 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby!

To be fair, as Ronin said, crossovers are kind of bunk, especially inter-company ones. It sounds like the Boom comics have them at a much higher level than the TV show ever did, and I think that’s what Alex is going for.

Personally, I’m all for them being at least <200 each. It’s more fitting for the characters as I know them to be weaker, and I think it would be more fun/unique to have another cheaper tightly-knit team akin to the Turtles or really cool Dark Judges. But if Alexan really thinks the Boom comic versions are that powerful and can provide some solid textual evidence for it, he could certainly win me over. Idk, I’m obviously not the one he needs to convince.
Old December 16th, 2018, 10:18 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

I think convincing the powers that be (read: not me either) that they're >200 is going to be tough sledding.

Old December 16th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I can see the Rangers - traditional 90s kinda goofy Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers - hitting the mid/high 100s each. Tommy in the 200+ range.

I just sort of think of what they're up against in a standard episode - maybe a few squads of Puddies and one weird lobster monster or whatever. Most of Rita's monsters are 200-300 at most, and a squad of Puddies would max out at maybe 100. And there's usually not more than a dozen or so, so really, 600 feels like a decent match. (Until Rita makes her monster grow, but then we have Zords in the mix and that's a whole other discussion.)

I actually think the TMNT are our best point of comparison here - well trained and mildly powered super teen martial artists. Five Rangers against four Turtles seems like an even matchup to me.
Old December 16th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun

All four Turtles come to an even 700, for what it's worth, and it feels about right.

My Family's Classic Customs
- A Prophecy Fulfilled
=====================
Old December 16th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

So maybe aim for 800 for the group of 5 and 200 for Tommy for 1,000.

Old December 16th, 2018, 11:15 AM

Alright, I'll consider this- but like it's been said I'm basing this more off of the Boom! rendition where I think they're treated stronger.

I'll re-read it and see how I feel having done so
Old December 16th, 2018, 11:32 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post

If only we knew someone that had both Heroscape figures and these Walking Dead figures to compare sizes for us.. @Hahma

Since the Hahma signal was sent, I felt obliged to answer for such a noble cause
Thanks for your time Hahma. Though I'm not on the Walking Dead bandwagon (seen 2 episodes of the show and never read any of the source material) I do think these figures fit the scale well enough. Thanks again.

--

Now we just need someone to get pictures of the Sentinels of the Multiverse mini's for comparison.

Quote:
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project