Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old December 18th, 2019, 09:09 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: My Wheelhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I'm sure there's a way for a spreadsheet to solve some logistical stuff and I'm not saying that because it's my go to solution.

~Dysole, also willing to record things on a semi regular basis
Ooh, I'm a fan of spreadsheets. How would you use one for this kind of project? Just for scheduling or...?
I can mock something up tonight and share it using the email you submit for OHS. How's that sound?

~Dysole, informationally
That sounds great! Thanks!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 25th, 2020, 12:55 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

Hey y'all! New video time! It's an epic clash between the wound-ignoring army of @Toogwick_tuk and the wound-ignoring-ignoring army of @coachmuskie ! I try my first solo-cast in this one, so let me know how it goes! (If you can suffer through my voice for the whole thing )

I've been sitting on this cast for a few months, actually, but I was holding off on posting it until I had a more concrete idea of how to proceed with the channel, which was held off by me moving and then having a new busy schedule and basically me slacking on all things related to the site other than our local tournament scene. The bug to do more casting has been biting hard lately, though, and with the rest of my life effectively canceled for the next while, I figured this would be a great time to get it figured out. I'm working on a Google Spreadsheet based on what Dysole shared with me that will make it able for anyone to sign up, so if you'd like to help out look forward to that! (I was hoping to have that ready by the time the video was uploaded, but today will be busy so look forward to it tonight or tomorrow morning. It will be nice to have a separate post dedicated to it anyway.)

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 25th, 2020, 01:22 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yay for more 10 Points Under!
Old March 25th, 2020, 02:26 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I thought it was great! Granted, I am biased, but I enjoyed your analysis because it helps me think about what I could have done differently! Thanks for doing this. I have watched a lot of the other games as well. It helps me learn the game! Keep it up!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old March 25th, 2020, 03:26 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Always love these videos! Good game guys..... I got a kick out of the borg/demon army

H E R O S C A P E
Old March 26th, 2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
I thought it was great! Granted, I am biased, but I enjoyed your analysis because it helps me think about what I could have done differently! Thanks for doing this. I have watched a lot of the other games as well. It helps me learn the game! Keep it up!
I'm glad you liked it, and thanks so much for the kind words! You play really well -- I hope I get to catch more of your games in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperedude View Post
Always love these videos! Good game guys..... I got a kick out of the borg/demon army
You would like an army with Incendiborgs in it.

10 Points Under Videos

Old March 26th, 2020, 11:47 AM

Alright, here it is, folks! The 10 Points Under Co-Cast Super Scheduling Spreadsheet! If you'd like to co-cast a game with me, sign up with what times you're available and I'll get in touch with you! The idea of this is for me to be able to see when people are available and be able to prepare and contact them from there for actual recording sessions, rather than just shooting out PMs to people until I hit someone who has availability that happens to line up with mine.

Now for the list of clarifications and disclaimers: It's important to note that this is not a sign-up sheet, so just because you put in for a time does not automatically mean that it becomes a recording session. It's more of an availability gauge, so that I can see who is available when and then do actual scheduling from there. As much as possible, I'm hoping to be able to do multiple sessions in the same day, so the more availability you put in for the more likely I'll be able to get you in before/after another recording.

This is a 2 week calendar to give me time to prepare and plan for recordings. It will always be easier for me to set something up the more advance notice I have, and I'll probably rarely be able to set something up the day of or day before. Also, if your usual availability is at a time that doesn't usually match mine, the farther out it is the more I'll be able to prepare to get a recording in with you. (My days aren't completely blank like that calendar suggests, but right now they vary day-to-day so I also can't block out certain times regularly. I'll do so when my schedule gets more predictable.)

In the sheet there are ranges of time to put in your name for. Since the purpose of the spreadsheet is to see availability, and thus isn't "reserving" a time slot, more than one person can put their name in the same box since that shows me how many people are available in that time slot. This is especially true if you're doing a range of availability of a few hours. It's kind of a "give me a few options to work with, then I'll contact you with a specific one to do when I've got more information on the big picture" kind of deal.

If you have special notes on your availability, like always being available every week at a certain time or only being available this one time but you really want to record a game, I've included a page for that (check the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheets).

To set up the actual recording, I will contact you through PM here on Heroscapers. If you have a different/preferred way for me to contact you, let me know.

You will need a Skype account to record the game -- it lets me do a lot of stuff for free!

Alright that was a lot more than I thought it would be, but I'm really looking forward to trying this out and talking Heroscape with a lot more of you! I don't expect this system to be perfect from the get go, so thanks in advance for working with me through the bumps!

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; March 27th, 2020 at 02:54 PM.
Old March 26th, 2020, 10:50 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm so glad this is back and was pretty impressed by how you kept the commentary going with just you. Can't wait for more!
Old March 27th, 2020, 12:59 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey @BiggaBullfrog - a couple questions:
1) How long do you usually need to get set up and to record the commentary for a broadcast? Obviously it depends in large part on the length of the game, but is there anything else that takes up a chunk of time? Do you like to have a pre game discussion about talking points throughout the match with the co-host that isn't recorded?
2) What kind of set up would a co-host need? Will any device with a screen and audio capabilities (speaker/headphones and mic) work?

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old March 27th, 2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
1) How long do you usually need to get set up and to record the commentary for a broadcast? Obviously it depends in large part on the length of the game, but is there anything else that takes up a chunk of time? Do you like to have a pre game discussion about talking points throughout the match with the co-host that isn't recorded?
2) What kind of set up would a co-host need? Will any device with a screen and audio capabilities (speaker/headphones and mic) work?
Great questions!

1) I do like to chat with the co-host a little bit before starting the recording, mostly to kind of get a sense for how talking with them is going to flow. I also use that time to introduce how the opening goes, how I'll introduce them, then how we'll introduce the game, if there's anything they'd like to focus on in particular, and come up with the tagline for the video (the most important part ). The time for that would honestly also vary a bit, though I think the longest we talked with a co-host before was maybe 10 minutes max. (True and I would easily talk for a half hour before/after games, though, if not more. Though those also got off topic from the game and onto other interests too.)
2) I forgot to add this into the description, so thanks for bringing it up! Beyond a screen and mic, the co-host will need a Skype account. That lets me both screen share the game with you as well as record the conversation (for free!).

10 Points Under Videos

Old March 27th, 2020, 06:58 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Great questions!

1) I do like to chat with the co-host a little bit before starting the recording, mostly to kind of get a sense for how talking with them is going to flow. I also use that time to introduce how the opening goes, how I'll introduce them, then how we'll introduce the game, if there's anything they'd like to focus on in particular, and come up with the tagline for the video (the most important part ). The time for that would honestly also vary a bit, though I think the longest we talked with a co-host before was maybe 10 minutes max. (True and I would easily talk for a half hour before/after games, though, if not more. Though those also got off topic from the game and onto other interests too.)
2) I forgot to add this into the description, so thanks for bringing it up! Beyond a screen and mic, the co-host will need a Skype account. That lets me both screen share the game with you as well as record the conversation (for free!).
Good to know. Thanks!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old April 1st, 2020, 09:09 PM

Hello friends! We've got the first of a good batch of co-hosted videos coming right at you, starting with the illustrious @Sir Heroscape !! He joins me in a discussion about a game played between @kevindola and @vegietarian18 last fall -- a great game that generated a lot of talking points for us! Check out this awesome Steamroller vs Elf Pod game!

Like I said, this is just the first of a lot of special co-hosted games, so look forward to the many different hosts coming your way! And thanks to all those who have (and will!) volunteered to join me in talking Heroscape!

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports