Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Closed Thread

Old November 8th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: C3G Public Design: Catman - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I still really loved him without the commander ability. I really don't think these guys need synergy, and if EVERYONE always has synergy, C3G will start to get a little stale...

He's not an important enough character to serve as a cornerstone in an army, in my opinion...
I agree, drop it and we're good
Old November 8th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

to what Hahma said.
Old November 8th, 2010, 06:23 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but doesn't Outlaw Commander create turn breaks by allowing you to attack with different figures?

Spoiler Alert!
Yes! This is one thing that we have avoided vehemtly. The same thing with moving figures. You can specify to move the figures a certain amount of spaces, but attempting to use their own movement create issues that we prefer to avoid.

And I agree with Hahma.

Cheers
Old November 8th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Since Spidey wants to do the Secret Six and give Catman a commander power, I'm going to need to withdraw this design until we have the rest of the Secret Six ready to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:04 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

OK, alot to catch up on. Let me see if I can catch up.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
I'm just concerned with the 9 lives. That 1 extra defense die over Catwoman (+ disengage if he ends up with that) means he is going to last a lot longer than she does in a game.
I dunno, I'd just plain rather not overuse that gimmick. I think if we were to do another 9 life character, it'd be better on Black Cat. If we do it on every cat person, it'll get old really fast.
I agree Stray helps here.
And on Black Cat, in her name the emphasis is on the Black not the Cat. She has luck powers, not nine lives. Big Difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I'm just concerned with the 9 lives. That 1 extra defense die over Catwoman (+ disengage if he ends up with that) means he is going to last a lot longer than she does in a game.
I dunno, I'd just plain rather not overuse that gimmick. I think if we were to do another 9 life character, it'd be better on Black Cat. If we do it on every cat person, it'll get old really fast.
I agree, but Catwoman shouldn't have had a life of 9. I wish I could go back and redesign that - either way, it is very important for Catman as his mystical African cape is credited for giving him "9 lives".
I agree with Griffin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I prefer Prowl with no disengage as well. He's got 9 lives - make him risk them if he wants to Prowl.
Also I'm worried that we're doing the Outlaw general, so to speak, before any other Outlaws. I think it will be nigh impossible to test him correctly - proxies just don't do it.
I also think the power could work just fine on Bane, honestly - especially if we found good figs to do as Bird, Trogg, and Zombie, and made them Outlaws as well. Honestly, besides a Venom type power what else does Bane absolutely need?
Gonna break this up. I think get him to the testing phase, then suspend him. This will come as a surprise to the Allies and Sidekicks, but it would not be the first time we have paused a design to come back to it. Also, it allows us to make that change over we voted on in the Sanctum because both Threads would be done around the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Nah, Black Cat doesn't need 9 Life, if you ask me. Wildcat and Catman would both be justified because they have magic powers that specifically call the old "nine lives" addage to mind, and we've already got it on Catwoman, but I can't think of any real justification for Black Cat having it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I prefer Prowl with no disengage as well. He's got 9 lives - make him risk them if he wants to Prowl.
Also I'm worried that we're doing the Outlaw general, so to speak, before any other Outlaws. I think it will be nigh impossible to test him correctly - proxies just don't do it.
I also think the power could work just fine on Bane, honestly - especially if we found good figs to do as Bird, Trogg, and Zombie, and made them Outlaws as well. Honestly, besides a Venom type power what else does Bane absolutely need?
I think a "Backbreaker Special Attack" would be pretty cool... though I'm not sure what it would entail.

I agree that you could justify Bane as a Outlaw leader - he is really smart, good at tactics, and it's not a stretch to use him as a criminal mastermind of sorts. So for him, I could see it working. But if it works on Catman, well, it works on Catman.
On Bane, he is a criminal Mastermind. That was the genius of the character when he was first created in Batman. He was stronger than Batman and a better planner than any one of Bats' previous villains, who had all gotten in a rut of being more about their gimmicks than their personalities. Bane broke that tendency. When you look at him he looks like a giant musclehead (ask Joel Shumacher if you don't believe me) but he was way more and that was Batman's mistake. He got so used to the gimmicks, he took him only at face value and underestimated him. When he first showed up, he was already in charge of a HUGE criminal empire (an entire country if I am not mistaken) and was looking to expand to Gotham. He is screaming to be a Criminal Mastermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
I would get rid of the "and"...

Quote:
HUNTER'S PROWL
At the start of the game, before rolling for initiative, choose an opponent's Unique Hero. For the rest of the game, at the end of each of the chosen Hero's turns and , if the chosen Hero is not adjacent to Catman, you may move Catman up to 4 spaces. If Catman ends his Hunter's Prowl move adjacent to the chosen Hero, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, the chosen Hero receives one wound. When Catman moves with Hunter's Prowl he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
And what about Catman being able to attack other adjacent figures? Should it be possible or not?

I honestly think the power should be this:
Quote:
HUNTER'S PROWL
At the start of the game, before rolling for initiative, choose an opponent's Unique Hero. For the rest of the game, at the end of each of the chosen Hero's turns and , if the chosen Hero is not adjacent to Catman, you may move Catman up to 4 spaces. If Catman ends his Hunter's Prowl move adjacent to the chosen Hero, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, the chosen Hero receives one wound. When Catman moves with Hunter's Prowl he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. If Catman is engaged to the chosen figure, he may only attack the chosen figure.
I could get behind this second power, however, I would like to see either one restiction or the other initially. I fear we are nerfing him too much based solely on Theoryscaping.
So either this,

HUNTER'S PROWL
At the start of the game, before rolling for initiative, choose an opponent's Unique Hero. For the rest of the game, at the end of each of the chosen Hero's turns, if the chosen Hero is not adjacent to Catman, you may move Catman up to 4 spaces. If Catman ends his Hunter's Prowl move adjacent to the chosen Hero, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, the chosen Hero receives one wound. When Catman moves with Hunter's Prowl he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

OR this,

HUNTER'S PROWL
At the start of the game, before rolling for initiative, choose an opponent's Unique Hero. For the rest of the game, at the end of each of the chosen Hero's turns, if the chosen Hero is not adjacent to Catman, you may move Catman up to 4 spaces. If Catman ends his Hunter's Prowl move adjacent to the chosen Hero, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, the chosen Hero receives one wound. When Catman moves with Hunter's Prowl he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. If Catman is engaged to the chosen figure, he may only attack the chosen figure.

Quote:
I still really loved him without the commander ability. I really don't think these guys need synergy, and if EVERYONE always has synergy, C3G will start to get a little stale...

He's not an important enough character to serve as a cornerstone in an army, in my opinion...
I disagree. Politely, but I still disagree. If you only have info about him from the 80s, I would ask you to read up on him (comicvine or wikipedia, or DC wiki). More has been written about him in the last 5 years than in the previous 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:

I agree, drop it and we're good
Again, I politely, but vehemently disagree.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I really liked the card before the changes with Outlaw Commander and prefer it without. There have been a lot of good points against it (everyone doesn't need to create/have synergy, was fine before, awkward turns, etc.).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:18 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Can't this be resolved by agreeing now to place the caveat "After revealing an Order Marker on X, instead of attacking/moving..." on any and all Outlaws we create who have one of these type powers?
because everyone keeps bringing this up and its fixed, so they must have missed this.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:19 PM
C3G's First Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I really liked the card before the changes with Outlaw Commander and prefer it without. There have been a lot of good points against it (everyone doesn't need to create/have synergy, was fine before, awkward turns, etc.).
I agree not everyone needs synergy, however one member of a group providing synergy is not everyone. I firmly believe no other member of the SECRET (not Sinister) Six will have any form of synergy, especially with Outlaws.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:38 PM
C3G's First Fan

Additionally, if Outlaw Commander goes on another card, that means Catman needs to be an Outlaw.

Incidentally, if it was going to go on another card, I would vote Scandal Savage.

~Spidey, trying hard to fight for a character he cares about while also trying to hear and work well with everyone else's opinion

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
~Spidey, trying hard to fight for a character he cares about while also trying to hear and work well with everyone else's opinion
I totally understand! I am quite content to suspend this design until the other members of the Secret Six are ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think that if close synergy is vital the Secret Six flavor-wise, we shouldn't cut any corners on the subject. To be honest, I prefered the simple write-up we started with, but I don't think we should be creating a number of sub-par units simply for convenience sake.

If we create units that don't evoke the core aspects of the characters they represent, what's the point, y'know?
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Consider it suspended then.

I will have to consult with the board about the rest of Quozl's top 5, though I think it is likely to go to the next contender.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy