Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old September 30th, 2018, 07:09 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 9/30/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Niceˇ I like your other long horizontal maps.

When are you going to do another assymetrical one like Grutsbane Pass?
Thanks. I'll work on another asymmetrical map here after NHSD. I've got another map on the table that I need to get into VS, then I'll clear those off and work on something fresh.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old October 1st, 2018, 12:24 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
It is a little glyph crazy, but the set glyphs are so vunerable and close to both sides, that they are a big risk to go for. The Wound glyph gives life to an otherwise dead spot in the map. No one would drop in there without it. As it stands now, it gives the player the option to think about going down there, but you are likely going to get that unit killed due to how close both armies are to.

As for the Thorian Glyph, that's the easiest one to remove. I'm actually 50/50 on playing with it there or not. It gives melee a little protection from a rat screen and getting lit up from height on the first turn. It really can mess with the first batch of order markers to see a unit hop on that and then your ranged units are forced to move forward. In the end, it makes players play a little outside their comfort zone and mixes things up. It may not be perfectly balanced, but it gives you unique to consider.

And the two random glyphs on the end are needed to keep everyone spread out. Without those, people can ignore one end on setup and focus on the middle.

Ultimately, with the glyphs in the middle being so easy to knock someone off of, they play a little differently. Normally I would never play with this many glyphs, but this one seems to work ok with this. But of course, feel free to take some off if you feel it's too crazy.
Interesting. All makes sense.

My only other concerns with the map would be about chokepoints and the possibility of each player claiming one of the far hills near the end of the game and then neither player wanting to move. Have either of these been a concern at all?
Old October 1st, 2018, 08:22 AM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post

Interesting. All makes sense.

My only other concerns with the map would be about chokepoints and the possibility of each player claiming one of the far hills near the end of the game and then neither player wanting to move. Have either of these been a concern at all?
Well, that's possible. But at that point, both sides should hold a wound glyph and one player would be forced to move forward to stop the eventual wearing down of his army. I haven't seen that happen yet. The matches are usually pretty bloody right off the bat. But I'll have several more games of this played at NHSD and who knows what we'll see.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old March 2nd, 2019, 05:54 PM

Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 3/2/19

Update 3/2/19

Here's a little jungle map that we've been playing on for the last few months. It's turned out to be a fun simple little map with quick action.

Map:
Predator
Date Uploaded: 3/2/2019
Requires: 1 SotM, 1 TJ

Old March 2nd, 2019, 06:20 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the look of it. Those 4 hex long water fountains look a little annoying to get around, but it sounds like they haven't been a problem in your games. I'll have to try it out some time soon.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 06:21 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I love it! I'm always on the lookout for maps that can be played smoothly without the glyphs, too. And I think you're losing something, but not much, by playing without the glyphs here.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 3rd, 2019, 02:05 PM

Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 3/3/19

Update 3/3/19

Back to back days for updates, that hasn't happened in awhile. Here is a giant map I put together for our NHSD a little while back. I had it up on my table for months after because we had such a great time playing on it. I don't imagine many people will get a chance to build this, but it was definitely one of the biggest hits in our area. Note, the picture doesn't match the build instructions. I revised the map after the picture and didn't feel like editting a new one. The map is still largely the same, I just cleaned it up.

Map: Crescendo
Date Uploaded: 3/3/2019
Requires: 6 RotV, 4 RttFF, 2 BftU

Old March 3rd, 2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I like the look of it. Those 4 hex long water fountains look a little annoying to get around, but it sounds like they haven't been a problem in your games. I'll have to try it out some time soon.
Yeah, the water isn't too terrible to get around. It made for some interesting choices and gave a little boost to double spaced units and flyers. There were several little dances around the water that really made for some fun fights.

Quote:
I love it! I'm always on the lookout for maps that can be played smoothly without the glyphs, too. And I think you're losing something, but not much, by playing without the glyphs here.
Thanks! Yeah, playing without the glyphs is fine on this one. People still will probably move through the outer lanes in an effort to flank the center.

Old March 8th, 2019, 04:37 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Update 3/2/19

Here's a little jungle map that we've been playing on for the last few months. It's turned out to be a fun simple little map with quick action.

Map:
Predator
Date Uploaded: 3/2/2019
Requires: 1 SotM, 1 TJ
Predator looks good Dignan. Short n sweet map. Very cool to see you post maps again.

Is it named after the movie?
Old March 8th, 2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Predator looks good Dignan. Short n sweet map. Very cool to see you post maps again.

Is it named after the movie?
Thanks, man. I've been very lazy about documenting my maps and getting them posted. R˙chean and I still play every week, but I just don't get around to posting the maps here. I'm putting a little more effort into recording them and hopefully I'll post for frequently.

The map is named after the Classic Arnold movie. I thought it fit with the jungle vibe.

Old March 8th, 2019, 09:47 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 3/3/19

One of my friends always wants to play with the Marro Hive, so I'm often on the lookout for SotM maps that don't use it as a LoS blocker. I'll have to add Predator to the list; it looks like fun, so nice work!
Old October 20th, 2019, 06:19 PM

Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 10/20/19

Update 10/20/19

New map to upload. I worked out two new maps for our NHSD event and I'm just now getting around to posting them. This first one is just a solid little lava map. It's not too flashy, but the gameplay has been solid. We've really enjoyed this little guy.

Map: Attrition
Date Uploaded: 10/20/19
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 RttFF, 1 VW

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios