Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 26th, 2006, 06:32 PM

headcold has disabled reputation
how do I host a Heroscape party?

Hey folks. Next weekend my friend has organized a mini-con. Just like 15 people from out of town crashing for the weekend. I'm in charge of having Heroscape at my place since I have a bigger table and the most terrain. There will probably be about eight people at my place. How do I keep everyone busy?

If someone gets killed right away, I don't want them to be bored. Is there a way I can have people sort of "buy back in" (using poker terminology)? Should there be a big battle of 3v3 or 4v4? Has anyone tried this before and had success?

-adam
Old August 26th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Try a couple of maps on the side. Those that are removed from the big battle can then battle it out amongst themselves.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old August 26th, 2006, 07:02 PM

Battlechimp Woo who?
I would set up some mini maps and have some lop sided match ups- you know can two groups of arrow gruts take down Krug before he makes stew out of them?

Another mini map could be duplicate forces on a symetrical map-
Who is the better general?

How about the first ever Valhallan Super bowl- Gruts versus Marro
(think BloodBowl)

Also everyone loves pin the tail on the grut!
How many rounds can the grut survive all alone. He can attack and kill his trackers but they are under stict orders to bring him back alive. They have to capture and hold him (successful attack will hold him for 1 turn)
Marcus has to come along and rope him up (again successful attack)
if the grut rolls enough shields to block the attack he escapes and gets a free move)

Remember to have the eliminated players switch sides so they know how the other side plays.

This should keep everyone busy or have couple of Thematically related films for people to sit down and watch.

I hope these ideas helped you out!
Old August 26th, 2006, 07:10 PM

headcold has disabled reputation
Thanks for the tips. Good ideas.
Old August 26th, 2006, 07:16 PM

Filbey has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcold
Thanks for the tips. Good ideas.
Hey longshot here but where are you located?

"Nevermind what they are selling , It's what your buying!"Fugazi

Sucsessfully Traded with Revdyer , CupidsArt, stay_golden_PONYBOY, and Eyeofsauron!Thanks, Filbey
Old August 26th, 2006, 07:40 PM
ultradoug

chips and watermelon salsa.
Old August 26th, 2006, 11:32 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Re: how do I host a Heroscape party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by headcold
...Should there be a big battle of 3v3 or 4v4? Has anyone tried this before and had success?

-adam
Do not go with a 4v4. Toooo looooong!
Make more than one board. two 2v2 can be nice.

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion