Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 28th, 2023, 11:36 PM

That_American_Idiot is surprisingly tart
That American Idiot's Random Casual Customs

These are just some custom units I have made with powers I find interesting and wanted to explore in Heroscape. Some of them fill gaps that I feel the base game was missing, and I had plenty of placeholder minitures to mess around with.

Honora Rhys Master Manipulator of the Caribbean
Spoiler Alert!

Marro Mimics Terrifying Shapeshifters
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by That_American_Idiot; June 29th, 2023 at 09:18 AM.
Old July 31st, 2023, 07:40 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!
Re: That American Idiot's Random Casual Customs

For the Marro Mimics, something you could consider is making their attack 1 and putting a line that says “this power does not affect other mimics”. This would solve the Marro Mimic Vs. Marro Mimic problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_American_Idiot View Post
It's arm grew unnaturally long, becoming sharp and blade like.
Also the Marro Mimic’s bio seems to imply they use flesh to make weapons, so would that mean their weapon’s should be targetable?

Balance wise, the Marro Mimics seem oppressive against high single attack heroes, while very weak against ranged squads, like you mentioned. Maybe let them copy range values but lower their defense to 2 (since they don’t appear to have the same hard exterior normal marro have). Not sure how much that would raise their points.
Old August 7th, 2023, 07:56 PM

That_American_Idiot is surprisingly tart
Re: That American Idiot's Random Casual Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
Also the Marro Mimic’s bio seems to imply they use flesh to make weapons, so would that mean their weapon’s should be targetable?
This is actually such a great point! I should change that right away!!

I think you're also right on giving them a single attack die to fix the mimic on mimic problem. When I designed the unit I definitely wanted the shock of seeing an Army Card with a 0 Attack value, and I think only something like the Mimics could pull that off. As is right now, you can always gain at least one attack die on them if you have height , but in a theoretical Mimic vs Mimic fight your opponent would probably never let that happen, nor would they ever disengage as that is the only other way I can think of with a Mimic wounding another Mimic.

I just also know that my games at home will never see mimics vs mimics as I only have the one army card of them which is why I haven't been more pressed on fixing that matter. But if I change them to make their weapons tangible (as I should given your excellent point!) I may as well also give them 1 attack die since functionally it will almost never matter whether their attack value is 1 or 0.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards