Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 9th, 2009, 04:17 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Just ask the DnD community.

One thing I think is missing from this post: the difference between forum members/contributers (about 1500 of us here, no idea over on the DnD site) and the other 50,000 (guesstimate) or so people who have bought some form of Heroscape.

Posting on the DnD forums is going to interest/attract/draw a response from a very limited subset of DnD players. But garnering their interest COULD draw from a wider base - the people that they talk to, lurkers on their own site, the game store owners that supply their product, their little brothers/sisters/cousins and so on.

Ultimately it can't hurt, might help and certainly will be educational. Go for it, GreenLanturn. Do your research, comb this forum for the most succinct, best descriptions about, and arguments for, our game. Then go to work. Good luck.

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old October 9th, 2009, 04:33 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
The D&D Miniatures game eventually fizzled because it just couldn't keep a profit margin for cost.
We are fans of a minis game that is trying to avoid that. Please don't read into what I just wrote here, it is simply another reason to find out more because of a direct relation of game style (miniatures). It is in no way a "doom and gloom" reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
If D&D RPGers weren't interested in D&D Miniatures as a game why would they be interested in a D&D Heroscape game using old figures from the miniatures game?
Its pretty clear to me that you can see the difference between the RPGers and minis players, but I'm lost as to why you think I'm only asking the RPGers.

I'm a fan of RTS PC games, but I would never waste my time trying to get an FPS fan's opinion on the latest RTS game. It was a point brought up by Onacara, that comparing comics to card games makes no sense; well, these two products we are looking at are in fact the same basic thing with different names.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old October 9th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm just pointing out that D&D RPGers are the only ones that had interest in D&D Miniatures in the past. Some crossover is possible if there are more miniatures that could be used for D&D RPG but I just don't see it building a new supply of players for Heroscape. At least not in a noticeable way.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 9th, 2009, 05:48 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Okay, this is my first draft. I thought short would be best. I think it quickly defines what I'm looking for and asks just a few short questions.

The only thing I really am not very pleased with is my description of what HS actually is. I really don't know what a good balance between short and informative in this situation.

As usual, I love input from everyone and anyone.

Quote:
Greetings DnD Miniature fans!

I am GreenLanturn and part of a community interested in your opinion of a product I'm sure you are aware of.

This set was announced a few months ago, and obviously bears both the DnD logo and the Heroscape logo. I have just a few questions that, if you could spare the time, you could answer.

About the games:
What was your first reaction to the DnD Heroscape set?
What was your first reaction to Heroscape?
What appeals or doesn't appeal to you in either game?

Other:
If Heroscape figures were suddenly becoming official figures in your game how would you react?
Do you think this set foretells some future between our two currently separate games?
How well does WotC pass information along to your fan base?

If you have no idea what Heroscape is don't be embarrassed. Heroscape is a miniatures game containing figures based on all kinds of genres, from Romans to Robots Heroscape bring them all together. The basic mechanics include placing Order Markers to plot a game plan, dice rolling to determine a fight or ability, and various terrain effects. All of this lumps together to create a game full of strategy and mind games guessing your opponents next move.

Thank you for your time!

~GreenLanturn

Old October 9th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
Okay, this is my first draft. I thought short would be best. I think it quickly defines what I'm looking for and asks just a few short questions.

The only thing I really am not very pleased with is my description of what HS actually is. I really don't know what a good balance between short and informative in this situation.

As usual, I love input from everyone and anyone.

Quote:
Greetings DnD Miniature fans!

I am GreenLanturn and part of a community interested in your opinion of a product I'm sure you are aware of.

This set was announced a few months ago, and obviously bears both the DnD logo and the Heroscape logo. I have just a few questions that, if you could spare the time, you could answer.

About the games:
What was your first reaction to the DnD Heroscape set?
What was your first reaction to Heroscape?
If you have played Heroscape, what is your opinion?
What appeals or doesn't appeal to you in either game?

Other:
If Heroscape figures suddenly became official figures in your game how would you react?
Do you think this set foretells some future between our two currently separate games?
How well does WotC pass information along to your fan base?

If you have no idea what Heroscape is don't be embarrassed. Heroscape is a miniatures game containing figures (based on all kinds of genres, from Romans to Robots), as well as high-quality modular plastic terrain (think like Lego sets). Heroscape brings them all together. The basic mechanics include placing Order Markers to plot a game plan, dice rolling to determine a fight or ability, and various terrain effects. All of this meshes together to create a game full of strategy and mind games.

Thank you for your time!

~GreenLanturn
Just a few minor things. You might as well advertise while you're over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old October 9th, 2009, 08:29 PM

Alright, I put the thread up.

Old October 9th, 2009, 09:09 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Because you are enthusiastic, you are a good ambassador for Heroscape. The people who respond will be the ones you want to interact with anyhow. Thanks for asking us, but go ahead and do as you like! You might even make a new friend or two...
Old October 10th, 2009, 12:08 AM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Hey Green.

Is there another area that has more visitors that might be a better place to put the thread?

The last post, other then yours, was like two weeks ago. Looks like it's deader then a tomb over there...

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old October 10th, 2009, 12:43 AM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

I think it's a good idea, if not to get them into the game, at least to judge some more hard-core players' reactions.I think that your post over there was very tactfully written, I'm curous as to what we'll see about it.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old October 10th, 2009, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therrian View Post
Quote:
Hey Green.

Is there another area that has more visitors that might be a better place to put the thread?

The last post, other then yours, was like two weeks ago. Looks like it's deader then a tomb over there...
Our forum is broken down in much the same way theirs is. For example, this thread is in the "Heroscape General Discussion" folder(?). It appears in their larger forum as the last post in their "Community Business" folder. This folder is shown on their (DnD minis) section of the WotC website.

Essentially they can see it, but they need to actually be in the minis forum to see it.

It even spills over to the WotC directory section leading to all their different games, but since there have been other posts in the DnD minis forum no one can see my thread from the directory.

After an epic 50 views 0 replies I can't help but laugh at my own efforts.

Old October 10th, 2009, 09:32 AM

blooded scion is surprisingly tart

But how many of those views are us checking to see if someone posted.
Old October 10th, 2009, 12:07 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therrian View Post
Quote:
Hey Green.

Our forum is broken down in much the same way theirs is. For example, this thread is in the "Heroscape General Discussion" folder(?). It appears in their larger forum as the last post in their "Community Business" folder. This folder is shown on their (DnD minis) section of the WotC website.

Essentially they can see it, but they need to actually be in the minis forum to see it.

It even spills over to the WotC directory section leading to all their different games, but since there have been other posts in the DnD minis forum no one can see my thread from the directory.

After an epic 50 views 0 replies I can't help but laugh at my own efforts.
I would suggest moving it to the 'Off Topic' portion of the forums. That section looks to get more traffic and would likely elicit some sort of response.

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion