Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 24th, 2020, 11:01 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I like 2 as well
Old July 29th, 2020, 05:45 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Updated card with the new wording on Master Assassin and Visceral Movement

Old July 29th, 2020, 06:46 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Wording looks good.

I may be just getting old, but "ASSASSIN" in the left box seems smaller than the other attributes.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old July 29th, 2020, 09:50 PM

it's just the way the card editor does that word. It's the same size on our card for Ezio from Assassin's Creed
Old July 31st, 2020, 11:00 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Stray thought

MASTER ASSASSIN
After attacking a figure, John Wick may attack two additional times. He may only change his targets if the figure is destroyed.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old August 1st, 2020, 01:45 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Stray thought

MASTER ASSASSIN
After attacking a figure, John Wick may attack two additional times. He may only change his targets if the figure is destroyed.
Looks good!

Old August 1st, 2020, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Stray thought

MASTER ASSASSIN
Looks good!
I agree
Old August 2nd, 2020, 07:57 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks, "if possible" sat with me wrong. and I had a kind of ah-ha! moment.

So I'll update the proxy with new wording, upload to Tabletop Simulator and test the changes by Friday, August 7.

I encourage others to playtest also during this week. We'll perhaps wrap this design up by this weekend.

Edit:

MASTER ASSASSIN
When John Wick attacks a figure, he may attack two additional times. He may only change targets if the figure is destroyed. John Wick can't attack destructible objects this way.

Edit commentary: I like the destructible object stipulation because you don't assassinate doors, but I'm not comfortable with the phrase "this way"

Last edited by Confred; August 2nd, 2020 at 10:53 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2020, 11:10 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI

I'm at a point where I might have an idea but not sure if there's a miniature to support it. I am in a place where I could devote some time to making it happen. If Sir Galahad would rather, I can easily wait until later.

As a note, I see that we were reconsidering visceral and then decided against it. Visceral is specifically related to the viscera or internal organs. So visceral movement would have something related to his internal organs. I am completely unfamiliar with anything beyond the VERY basics of this character so I have no idea if that is actually on theme. What exactly does this represent character wise?

Regarding Master Assassin,I'm not sure if "changing targets" is a defined Scape phrase even though we know what it means whereas "if possible" means exactly what it says. I also hope you're aware that your verbiage means if he is engaged to a Deathreaver and another figure and attacks the rat who scatters away after surviving the attack, he can't attack the figure he's engaged to now. I think this verbiage flows better.

Quote:
MASTER ASSASSIN

When John Wick attacks a figure, he can attack that figure up to two additional times.
Sure it doesn't allow him to change targets if he kills it on the first hit, but I don't think that's a bad thing given the higher power level. If you want the multi attack, probably want.

Quote:
MASTER ASSASSIN
When John Wick attacks a figure, he can attack up to two additional times. When John Wick attacks a figure, he may not attack an additional figure this turn until that figure is destroyed.
I would change Visceral Movement to

Quote:
VISCERAL MOVEMENT

John Wick may attack at any point before, during, or after moving.
Honestly could just roll this power into Master Assassin (put it before the other stuff) and call it good, sidestepping the whole Visceral Movement issue.

I would change Boogeyman to

Quote:
BOOGEYMAN
John Wick can move through all small and medium figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. If John Wick moves through a figure, he may stop his movement and roll 2 additional dice when attacking that figure.
If you don't want him to have Phantom Walk take out the LEA stuff.

Human Shield is fine as is wording wise with my only question being whether it's more consistent in Scape to specifically call out a defense die or just say "add a die to his roll".

He's pretty good offensively, but unless you give him phantom walk, he needs a screen or he dies way too fast to any sustained fire.

~Dysole, informationally
Old August 3rd, 2020, 12:42 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Here was my reasoning for leaving Visceral

Definition of visceral
1: felt in or as if in the internal organs of the body : DEEP
a visceral conviction
2: not intellectual : INSTINCTIVE, UNREASONING
visceral drives
3: dealing with crude or elemental emotions : EARTHY
a visceral novel
4: of, relating to, or located on or among the viscera : SPLANCHNIC
visceral organs

OK with the wording change though. Definitely cleaner.

MASTER ASSASSIN
When John Wick attacks an opponent's figure, he can attack up to two additional times. When John Wick attacks a figure, he , but may not attack an additional figure this turn until the defending figure is destroyed.

I'd be on board with the change to BOOGEYMAN, but change "stop" to "end" his movement.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old August 3rd, 2020, 10:04 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Connotations

Sure, sure, sure.

But when I see visceral movement, I don't think instinctive. I think of something more squishy and tangible like one of the aliens from Parasyte. Instinctive movement makes me think of something more reflexive which I assume is more on brand. It'd be like saying Sharwin has a power called Secret Backtalk instead of Arcane Riposte. While they're synonyms you get a different image from both of those phrases.

~Dysole, verbally
Old August 4th, 2020, 10:10 PM

Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I'm at a point where I might have an idea but not sure if there's a miniature to support it. I am in a place where I could devote some time to making it happen. If Sir Galahad would rather, I can easily wait until later.

As a note, I see that we were reconsidering visceral and then decided against it. Visceral is specifically related to the viscera or internal organs. So visceral movement would have something related to his internal organs. I am completely unfamiliar with anything beyond the VERY basics of this character so I have no idea if that is actually on theme. What exactly does this represent character wise?

Regarding Master Assassin,I'm not sure if "changing targets" is a defined Scape phrase even though we know what it means whereas "if possible" means exactly what it says. I also hope you're aware that your verbiage means if he is engaged to a Deathreaver and another figure and attacks the rat who scatters away after surviving the attack, he can't attack the figure he's engaged to now. I think this verbiage flows better.

Quote:
MASTER ASSASSIN

When John Wick attacks a figure, he can attack that figure up to two additional times.
Sure it doesn't allow him to change targets if he kills it on the first hit, but I don't think that's a bad thing given the higher power level. If you want the multi attack, probably want.

Quote:
MASTER ASSASSIN
When John Wick attacks a figure, he can attack up to two additional times. When John Wick attacks a figure, he may not attack an additional figure this turn until that figure is destroyed.
I would change Visceral Movement to

Quote:
VISCERAL MOVEMENT

John Wick may attack at any point before, during, or after moving.
Honestly could just roll this power into Master Assassin (put it before the other stuff) and call it good, sidestepping the whole Visceral Movement issue.

I would change Boogeyman to

Quote:
BOOGEYMAN
John Wick can move through all small and medium figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. If John Wick moves through a figure, he may stop his movement and roll 2 additional dice when attacking that figure.
If you don't want him to have Phantom Walk take out the LEA stuff.

Human Shield is fine as is wording wise with my only question being whether it's more consistent in Scape to specifically call out a defense die or just say "add a die to his roll".

He's pretty good offensively, but unless you give him phantom walk, he needs a screen or he dies way too fast to any sustained fire.

~Dysole, informationally
It's on theme for John Wick to get surrounded and fight his way out.

We took Visceral Movement out of Master Assassin to better study it. I wouldn't be opposed to adding it back.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum