Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old February 27th, 2008, 06:20 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Mayan pyramid

I'm thinking of making a Mayan pyramid. I've googled till my eyes crossed looking for good images to use as reference. My problem is finding a way to make it work within the bounds of Heroscape.

Anybody have any tips? or thoughts?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old February 27th, 2008, 06:35 PM

MattMan5 has disabled reputation
well not really ideas but could take a bunch of sand hexes stack em in ap yramid form

If your to slow lifes gonna get get you down
Old February 27th, 2008, 08:18 PM

kijid has disabled reputation
http://www.scotiagrendel.com/page9.html

Nubian Pyramid or Ruined Aztec Temple.
I'm hoping to get the Temple myself soon...

Steve
aka: BLAST

Xtreme Geek
Old February 27th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Just get a huge piece of foam core board aka styrophome and make it layer by layer.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old February 27th, 2008, 08:47 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart
Well to fix the hexes it will be a jagged edge (of course)
and will sit on a map diagonally (depending on position)
were u thinking of a 3 sided 1 or 4?
even though traditional 1s are 4 sided
because if it where 4 it would be more of a parallelogram

DeadEye
Old February 27th, 2008, 08:56 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I'd like it to look as authentic as possible, but still be a piece that can be played on. I don't think I want to make a stand alone piece.

I will use foam for sure to make it. The construction part I'm cool with. It's fitting it to the hex form that is giving me trouble.
I found a tutorial for this:

It's not foam and it isn't hexable, but it's a start.
Old February 27th, 2008, 09:04 PM

Necro has disabled reputation
Don't do the temple with hexes as basic 'building blocs', it'll look like crap (IMHO). Make the bottom mold to hexes (think water tiles, cut in half, around the bottom), then etch/draw hexes onto the temple where figs can be/move.
Old February 27th, 2008, 09:08 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by kijid
http://www.scotiagrendel.com/page9.html

Nubian Pyramid or Ruined Aztec Temple.
I'm hoping to get the Temple myself soon...

Steve
aka: BLAST

I think he is trying to make one that you can actually walk up.
Old February 27th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
I would make the flat levels the only thing that is hexes. On that example just all the level areas with a hex similar in shape and size of glyphs and go all the way around I wouldn't worry about the offset corners that much, it doesn't have to attach like a normal map. As for the stairs I'd make them like ladders with notches going up at an angle instead of straight up. The steep sides of the pyramid would be like glaciers and unclimbable, unless you want to allow ladders leaned up against them. I'd whip up something visual but I'm not at my computer for the next few days. I hope you get what I am saying.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 27th, 2008, 11:38 PM

Bach has disabled reputation
The stairs are definately the hard part. I'd make the foam one with a tutorial, only widening the steps (so there will be less) anddrawing hexes on them. Not sure how that'll work out, but it's a thought.

Bach is Marcus... and has been paralyzed by the minions of Ne-gok-sa in the SIENNA CAVE...
Old February 28th, 2008, 12:00 AM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Maybe you could have it as a rule that it takes 5 to get up the steps?

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old February 28th, 2008, 12:05 AM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart
i was thinking of making the steps the only actuall part you can walk up,
my idea could work
here it is:

for the stairs you would make a 2 hex wide area to walk up and make it like 2 high between levels, (yet make a certain rule that for every 2 high count as 1 or something)
then the sides/corners can be authentic in their square patern going upwards,
and you can make a rail going up at the right angle and make it look from the side as if the stairs went up like the rails,

DeadEye

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles