Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old November 15th, 2022, 09:20 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: This is how Avalon Hill Heroscape succeeds

I'd love a tier that doesn't include any normal hexes, just the figures, new ruins, and new jungle pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old November 15th, 2022, 08:04 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
I'd love a tier that doesn't include any normal hexes, just the figures, new ruins, and new jungle pieces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I was very surprised it didn't come out in a format similar to other tabletop games.

Additionally, I really think they could have done better with showing off with HeroScape - where are the cards for the airship and the dragon??? Where are pictures that show what a guy can do with 1000 dollars worth of terrain? This started with a very sparse showing at Gencon that was only impressive because I knew what HeroScape is and recognized it (okay, the dragon was cool too, but other than that....)

And I think some better choices could have been made as far as what figures are offered, especially if the goal was to get the old audience on board. I am very, super, very super impressed with how the C3V project has filled in thematic gaps and expanded on themes in a way that really feels like original HeroScape. Historical Pirates and Skeleton Cavalry, the Grut Mammoth, another Elemental for Kurrok, the bear-riding Dwarves, a Aquilla flagbearer - that kind of stuff would have been irresistible.
Great ideas!

I saw some other solid ideas on Reddit I'll add here.

• Re-use figures within the same squad.
  • Use baseboards from Arena of the Planeswalkers (Hasbro's other game, for which the terrain is compatible).
  • Alternatively, a better version of those baseboards.
Not sure how costly the terrain is, though. Another one is the obstacles. Opportunity to reprint or create something unique. I'll compile the best ones in the OP.

HS is super viable with some cost cutting measures and online retailing/inventory management.
Old November 16th, 2022, 05:50 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKing99 View Post
[*]Alternatively, a better version of those baseboards.
Oh yeah, Baseboards is really a no-brainer, especially since they already had the idea with Arena. And it saves that base layer of terrain in production, storage, and building.....

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion