Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 7th, 2012, 03:09 PM

Weapon X has disabled reputation
Weapon X's custom cards.

Hello again everyone. Here are a few units I put together today. Let me know what you guys think. Any feedback is better than no feedback at all. Like with all my customs my goal is to make a unit that is worth picking from time to time, and not a waste of points or card board like D7K or shades of bleekwood. Once again enjoy

If you're not getting better you're getting worse.

Last edited by Weapon X; November 22nd, 2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old November 7th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Caution

Beware, I am pretty tired so these opinions might not all be the clearest.

Let's start with the Blitz Knights.

First of all, they are common squad (you need to capitalize Common Squad in the left sidebar) of 4 with Stealth Dodge, and only 100 points? I'll take 5 squads of these guys But seriously, you would be better served dropping Stealth Dodge and just adding Climb x2. These guys are short in stature as is, so shooting at them should be pretty difficult to begin with if the map has any sort of foliage or terrain features. Also, in Power Toss 14, you don't need the word exactly in there. As long as you don't say 'up to 3 spaces' you will have the power your looking for. With this change in mind, you could drop them to about 60 points a squad so that one could field Snipers x2, Repulsors x2, and Blitzers x2 for 500 points. At least, that's where I'd begin testing them at.

Heirophant seems fine, but I'd label him as Wild or something else. Valiant just doesn't suit the figure (imo). He looks like he'd play like a tank though, might be worth bumping him to an even 200-220.

Lord Maaka has some absurdly defensive skills. I'd either drop Mana Blocker Aura or drop his defense to 2. It might even be worth decreasing his move to 5, to keep in line with him being a slow moving mage, rather than a speedy samurai.

Daketh seems like an interesting piece. Besides the fact that he has bonding with the Knights of Weston, he can even take extra turns simply by eliminating his opponent's figures. This is at least partly nullified by figures who can engage him after he attacks (but before he gets another turn), like the Deathreavers. Personally, I'd drop his life, attack, and defense by 1. The fact that some sort of viking hero will likely be in a player's build means that he'll get stronger in some form or another, and with base stats like that, he's insanely powerful! That change in tow, I think he'll be more than worth 135 points, but you can figure out his cost in play-testing.

Gothmog is just... woah.
Let's start with the simple stuff. Where it says "Once per Order Marker...," you can replace it with "After taking a turn when an Order Marker has revealed on this card...". More Scape-like. Also, at the end of I Cant Swim's power description there seems to be an I just chillin' out on the card. Triple Attack and Megalo Onslaught are two very powerful abilities together, and Goth's cost doesn't seem to reflect that (imo). He could easily be priced at 200 points and I wouldn't be shocked by it.

Mia Seer seems like a pretty cool uint, though I'd up her attack to 4. Otherwise pretty solid, and worth testing out in an army that needs an assassin unit.

Naseir looks like a really cool unit, though you also need to state if the height values, the race, etc change upon being Golem-ized. Although I doubt he'll have too many times he can use transfiguration, its a cool power regardless. He might play a lot like an assassin, but without directly killing his marks.

Neophant seems to be lacking a name on his card. Also, that's not what Counter Strike does.

Sir Michael. Despite being an obvious homage to me (), this one is way to overpowered. Quite frankly, I'd suggest scrapping the whole custom and proxying this guy as Sir Gilbert. Much simpler. There's not a whole lo I can suggest to improve him unless you count adding 70 points to his cost, minimum.

You can change the Termination Droid's persona to Mindless, and have the same effect. This unit seems to be a bit overpriced however, sure they have stellar defense but they can be destroyed much too easily by other factors (Black Wyrmlings make excellent counters to these guys). I'd drop their price to around 120-130 points.

The Troll Archers seems like a nifty unit, but I'd add some sort of a D20 roll to the extra wound caused. Maybe 12 or higher and the extra wound is inflicted? Also, for that cost they need to have a couple extra points of either range or defense. (Or you can give these guys 6 range and 3 defense!).

I like a lot of the ideas! Hopefully you get around to naming your noname custom, not everyone looks at the image name. Cheers!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards