Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 9th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Chicagoland Heroscaping in Hoffman Estates

These are monthly (or every 2 months) Heroscape gaming events in the Chicago suburb of Hoffman Estates.

To network with other players in the area, check out the Chicagoland Scapers Index thread.

=== Next Event ==================================

When: 2014-01-??, Sunday 1pm
Where: Hoffman Estates, IL (address will be PMed a couple days in advance)

Players
GaryLASQ, GaryLASQ's sons(2), GuyGG

What to bring:
  • A couple of pre-made armies for team play. Exact point total still undecided. Something around 500 points per player.
Maps/Scenarios:
  • Undecided
=== Event History ==================================

When: 2013-09-22
GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight (TGK), TGK's Brother, GuyGG, Skylord163, Infectedsloth (IS), IS's Brother
Click HERE for pics, stats and comments.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When: 2010-01-24
GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, Kevin, Andrew, GuyGG, land.scape, Colin, Hahma, Jexik, EternalThanos86

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When: 2009-10-04
GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, Kevin*, GuyGG, Hahma, jdtenor, Jexik

When: 2009-07-19
GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, GuyGG, Jexik, EternalThanos86, Windy_City_Hawk, jdtenor, Bill*, spider_poison, Clarissimus, Jeff*

When: 2009-04-19
GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, GuyGG, Shedim Kabal, Sam*, Stephanie*, Clarissimus

When: 2009-03-22
GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, GuyGG, tokomi, galvornman, Jexik, Clarissimus, Jeff*, Shedim Kabal, Sam*, Stephanie*

When: 2009-02-22
GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, GuyGG, Windy_City_Hawk, galvornman, Clarissimus, Jexik

When: 2009-01-18
GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, GuyGG, EternalThanos86, Jexik, Worldturtle, Clarissimus, Jeff*

When: 2008-12-14
GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, GuyGG, Jexik, Hahma, jdtenor, Ryan*

When: 2008-11-16
GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, GuyGG, Clarissimus, Jexik, EternalThanos86

When: 2008-08-03
Clarissimus, GuyGG , jdtenor , Jexik , Windy_City_Hawk , Xaqery, David*, James*
Click HERE for battle reports.

When: 2008-07-13
GaryLASQ, GuyGG, Hahma, jdtenor, tokomi, Jexik, Windy_City_Hawk
Click HERE for battle reports and pics.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When: 2007-12-30 Sunday, 2pm
GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, GuyGG, John*, chuynn, Flynn*, Stacey*, Jexik, Worldturtle, Kaboomboomboom, Shedim Kabal, Sam*, Casey*
Click HERE for pics.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When: 2007-11-18 Sunday, 2pm
Players: GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, GuyGG, Hahma, chuynn, Stacey*, Flynn*, Nev the Deranged

When: 2007-07-22 Sunday, 2pm
Players: GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, GuyGG, teekay and nephew, chuynn, Stacey*, Flynn*, langfordrocks
Click HERE for pics.

When: 2007-07-14 Saturday, 1pm
Where: Rockton, IL Players: GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, Joah, langfordrocks, GuyGG

When: 2007-03-11 Sunday, 2pm
Players: GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, GuyGG, Shedim Kabal, Sam*, jdtenor, John*
Click HERE for Battle Report and pictures.

When: 2007-02-11 Sunday, 2pm
Players: GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, GuyGG, Shedim Kabal, Sam*, nevthederanged

When: 2007-01-14 Sunday, 2pm
Players: GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, GuyGG, Chuynn, Stacey*, Flynn*, Shedim Kabal, Sam*, Hahma

When: 2006-12-30 Saturday, 2pm
Players: GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, GuyGG, Ted_Danson

When: 2006-12-02 Saturday, 4pm
Players: GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, GuyGG, teekay, Hahma

When: 2006-11-18 Saturday, 4pm
Players: GaryLASQ, TheGreenKnight, GuyGG, langfordrocks, legoboy, tokomi

Last edited by GaryLASQ; October 14th, 2021 at 12:56 AM.
Old November 9th, 2006, 07:18 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I go to school at the U of Iowa (about 3.5 hours away), so I'd definitely be interested in going there a time or two. I'd probably be able to bring a couple people with me too. Would you be holding these things in Chicago proper?
Old November 9th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_poison
I go to school at the U of Iowa (about 3.5 hours away), so I'd definitely be interested in going there a time or two. I'd probably be able to bring a couple people with me too. Would you be holding these things in Chicago proper?
Be sure to let me know if you are going, so I can prepare for the butt-whooping I would receive.
Old November 9th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_poison
Be sure to let me know if you are going, so I can prepare for the butt-whooping I would receive.
ain't that the truth! although it would be an honor to battle with the champ.

spider_poison, by "proper" do you mean "by the book" without a lot of house rules? if so, the answer is yes. the only house rule i like is using the X order marker as a wildcard instead of a bluff. but i can live without it.

if you mean "tournament", i'd like to first get a regular meetup going of Heroscaping just for fun. then work in some tournaments. what this sort-of means is i'm looking more towards the local players. but if people from further away want to trek to Chicagoland and join in once in a while, that's cool too.
Old November 9th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
That's the same weekend as Chitag, so I might be up that way anyways.

You can count me as a most likely.
Old November 9th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Spin Master

cool. it's like a 10min drive from the convention center in Schaumburg to my brother's house in Hoff Est.
Old November 9th, 2006, 10:46 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
By "Chicago proper" I was asking if it was actually in Chicago or in a suburb...but I see that's been answered. I won't know if I'll be able to make it any of the days you guys have these things until just before the actual time...so don't count me in for sure on any days. I'll keep an eye out on this thread and see what I can do though.
Old November 9th, 2006, 11:33 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
If you can ever do it earlier in the day, please let me know.

Old November 10th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Spin Master

the time of day is pretty flexible. i'm basically just trying to provide a location on a regular basis, for players in the area looking from a game. the 4pm to 9pm time slot is arbitrary for now.

tonight i'll PM those that were interested in the tourney that was cancelled and see who can make it on either 11/18 or 12/2. then i'll find out what time of day works best.
Old November 10th, 2006, 02:51 PM

Slade has disabled reputation
Ok, because I am a heroscape fool, I wouldnt mind going out with you all in Chicagoland either from Minneapolis which is a good distance, but would be fun sometime for a long weekend the other direction, and I would be glad to come out for some good old fashioned butt whippin on me.

"The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous."
Old November 11th, 2006, 02:35 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Hey, this sounds good to me. It doesn't always have to be hosted by you either. I don't have a big place, but wouldn't mind hosting once we get started. I'm on the south end of Cook County. I'll check with the GF tomorrow and see what we're doing that weekend.
Old November 11th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Spin Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy
Hey, this sounds good to me. It doesn't always have to be hosted by you either. I don't have a big place, but wouldn't mind hosting once we get started.
good deal legoboy. i like the idea of moving the location around. the goal here is having someone in the area hosting every other week. and we can use this thread to announce 'em.

until the Event system is sorted out i'll just keep track of everything in the first post. so, i can host the first two meetups on 11/18 and 12/2. the thing to be determined is time of day.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events