Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old August 7th, 2007, 06:02 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
star war yeah that was a pain 4-6 were outstanding, because all the stoff shadows of the empire all the book , comics and games.
then ep1-3 are coming some pain beginns.

the first episode is so focus on the kind and no real big enemy, (why maul died so soon) lucas destroy his ago with that micromeridan things , and a real crappy explain in ep3 as quin gon comes back .

even the fightingstuff look ep1-3 and 4-6 man the jedis have loose ale, rember kotor.
i thougt the colne wars were cooler as i saw then i was pissed of , robots ????? wtf and clones boba fetts.

i thought the bad guys have clone jedis for fighting and after taht the emp killed his tools.

i didnot like the ep6 ending and if you write a saga lucas why not like lotr? (ben , vader and co vs the emp on the end, and not in ep is luke the hero.
Old August 7th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaques
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
That was going to be exactly my point as well... I do not believe there is any depth to the Star Wars movies. I do not believe there are any deep lessons either uless you count the good vs. evil thing. Like Ej I believe you could make something out of what you watched but I do not believe it was put their purposefully.
Well, whether it's there purposefully or not is sort of beside the point. If a story contains a cohesive, interpretable storyline that seems to convey a certain lesson or perspective, I'm not sure it matters whether the author meant that lesson or not.

I once wrote a story that I thought was about a likeable protagonist who made an innocent decision that brought about a Twilight-Zone style disaster for himself. Everyone in my creative writing class loved the story -- but they all thought it was about a self-absorbed jerk who got a well-deserved comeuppance. It took me several years to realize that they were right. I'd totally missed the point of my own story, and as it had come out on paper, it was about something other than I had thought. Furthermore, it was a much better story that way than the way I'd conceived of it.

Likewise, Star Wars is a much better story (imho) if it is an object lesson about society, politics, religion, and how you treat those around you, than if it's just a good-versus-evil slugfest.

We don't have any record of what Shakespeare actually meant by any of his plays, but generations of people have found meaning in them. I see no reason why we shouldn't do the same with Star Wars, just because it's not Shakespeare.
This ought to be posted in the LotR movie/book adaptation thread.
Old August 7th, 2007, 07:26 PM

jaques has disabled reputation
Quote:
That is actually a decent point Jacque. And I do agree with you. I was just thinking I guess that you believed Lucas put all of that into his movies where in all honesty Lucas is great for effects but nuances may not be his strength. Good points sir
Thanks.

My personal hope is that somewhere in some vault, George Lucas has the "grownup editions" of Star Wars, in which we see Gungans and Ewoks getting slaughtered by the hundreds, and in which some of the nuances that I see in the story are made more explicitly clear. And when he finally brings those versions out, I'll be vindicated.

But I'm pretty sure I'll win the lottery before that happens.
Old August 8th, 2007, 05:09 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Quote:
That is actually a decent point Jacque. And I do agree with you. I was just thinking I guess that you believed Lucas put all of that into his movies where in all honesty Lucas is great for effects but nuances may not be his strength. Good points sir
Thanks.

My personal hope is that somewhere in some vault, George Lucas has the "grownup editions" of Star Wars, in which we see Gungans and Ewoks getting slaughtered by the hundreds, and in which some of the nuances that I see in the story are made more explicitly clear. And when he finally brings those versions out, I'll be vindicated.

But I'm pretty sure I'll win the lottery before that happens.

Yes sir...I would have liked to have seen some Ewok Carcass as well
Old August 8th, 2007, 10:28 AM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
You know what I was just thinking...There are alot of sex themes in StarWars. j\k
Old August 8th, 2007, 08:38 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Vrrrrrrmmmm

vrm vrrrrm

Kshsshhhssskcrackcracklekkksssk

vuuuurrrrrm

pew pew!
Old August 8th, 2007, 09:11 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormus
You know what I was just thinking...There are alot of sex themes in StarWars. j\k
I wanted to discuss slave girl Princess Leia, but noooooo. I guess it wasn't important enough.

Speaking of which, did anyone see Olivia Munn from Attack of the Show dressed up as slave girl Princess Leia?

Old August 8th, 2007, 10:55 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
Quote:
I wanted to discuss slave girl Princess Leia, but noooooo. I guess it wasn't important enough.

Speaking of which, did anyone see Olivia Munn from Attack of the Show dressed up as slave girl Princess Leia?
She did this IN REAL LIFE? Where cameras were present? This thread is officially worthless without pics, or at least links to pics.
Old August 8th, 2007, 11:18 PM

jaques has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Quote:

She did this IN REAL LIFE? Where cameras were present? This thread is officially worthless without pics, or at least links to pics.
http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/..._IV/index.html

Don't say I never gave you anything to think about.
Old August 8th, 2007, 11:50 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Quote:

Now you got me to thinking. Is the other girl dressed up as Leia wearing anything under her skirt thingy?

Old August 9th, 2007, 12:36 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

Next year I want to make sure I come.

... to Comicon.
Old August 9th, 2007, 12:52 AM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Quote:

Now you got me to thinking. Is the other girl dressed up as Leia wearing anything under her skirt thingy?
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/django60617/1186457528640.jpg

I have the answer and the pic. ^_^

¡dn sʇɐɥʍ

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media